Marv's screw ups to date....

genomich

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you know that?  Did the Bills even contact their agents?  Put together the right deal and they may have signed.

816427[/snapback]

Did any team even have the time to send an offer to Bentley? He came out and said he wanted to play for Clevland, being his hometown and was signed rather quickly. You want to make comments about Bowen being one of Marvs mistakes because he got hurt, what about Bentley? Thats alot of money for a guy who is out for the season. Atleast Bowens contract isn't as high and he still has a chance to play this year.

How do you know that?  Did the Bills even contact their agents?  Put together the right deal and they may have signed.

816427[/snapback]

With Bentley I know that because He publicly stated that he wanted to "go home" and play for Cleveland.

With Hutch, you should know already that the Seahawks were raped by the Vikes on a contract clause and he was hugely overpaid, even cosidering the quality player he is.

At least Bowen's contract isn't as high and he still has a chance to play this year.

816448[/snapback]

Actually, it doesn't matter. Bowen sucked in Chicago, so he will naturally suck here, because that's the way it works when you want to be right.

And then there's that whole "bad luck" thing with him getting injured. A better GM would have seen that bad luck gig from a mile away.

With Hutch, you should know already that the Seahawks were raped by the Vikes on a contract clause and he was hugely overpaid, even cosidering the quality player he is.

816449[/snapback]

Sorry, I disagree. :lol: He is frequently called the best, or 2nd best OG in football. How good SHOULD he be before the big bucks are justified, especially given our glaring needs up front?

I am not saying that he would have signed here, but an attempt was in order, given the fact that we had tons of cap room.

I can't say that all of this is Marv's fault yet. We aren't even through the whole season. Have there been questionable decisions? Yes. But you go to a forum for every other team in this league and people will be saying the same things about some one or another. Alot of you guys are too "fairweather" it seems. We weren't hearing all of this grumbling when our team was 2-2, there were actual talks and topics full of optomism. But everyone is pointing out every organizational "fault" we supposedly have now at 2-5. "Bench the QB", "Marv's an idiot", "Our coaching staff is incompitent", "Willis is soft", "Our draft picks are worthless", and it goes on and on and on and on. News flash for those who didn't already know, WE ARE REBUILDING!!!!! Give it some time atleast. :lol:

Sorry, I disagree.  :lol:  He is frequently called the best, or 2nd best OG in football. How good SHOULD he be before the big bucks are justified, especially given our glaring needs up front?

I am not saying that he would have signed here, but an attempt was in order, given the fact that we had tons of cap room.

816453[/snapback]

Go ahead and disagree. That's a ridiculous contract for an OG (highest paid lineman in the league IIRC?) and will hamper that team soon enough, unless of course the cap skyrockets another 10-15 mil every year.

Actually, it doesn't matter. Bowen sucked in Chicago, so he will naturally suck here, because that's the way it works when you want to be right.

And then there's that whole "bad luck" thing with him getting injured. A better GM would have seen that bad luck gig from a mile away.

816452[/snapback]

I thought he was a deadskin. In fact I know he was.

I thought he was a deadskin.  In fact I know he was.

816465[/snapback]

Yeah. Had him confused with someone else. But if he played in Chicago, and sucked there, he'd suck here, too. Don't stray from the point just because you found someone else make a mistake other than you.

I've always said you judge the GM and coach in the final analysis at the end of the season and the first thing you look at is the win loss record. Of course the w/l record can be affected by injuries etc. I'd say now it ain't looking good at seven games into the season. I'd have expected three wins and been delighted with four. I think we played better at the beginning of the season than we have been as the season progressed (after Chicago). I suspect ML and DJ will sink or swim on producing after the bye and they had better come up with 7 or 8 wins.

I think opportunities were missed. Hutcheson and other very good offensive line acquisitions were available. Ngata and other line additions might have been available in the draft (although McCargo and Williams are no slouches). Whitner and Ko seem to be two pretty darn good choices. JP is JP...we'll know more at the end of the season and drafting, trading or signing a replacement before now would have been to write off a guy who has a lot of the tools of a first rate quarterback.

report card on ML/DJ? I guess a C right now and a note home to the parents saying they are in jeopardy.

:lol:

815660[/snapback]

where the heat should be is on"John Guys" butt..he s the PRO personel man and he is as useless as a rubber crutch..ever since his arrival the bills free agency pickups have been dubious at best,, if anyone need to be ousted it him.

MARV inherited this clown ,if he leaves him (john guy)around after this year it'll be on him. you cant dump everyome from the past in one year ,marv is evaluating the administartion as much as the players now,it took TD 5 yrs to create this mess i ll give marv another year before i ll call him out

xmas verses so far.. jingle bells clements smells ,spikes has run away

mcgee is slow .fletcher blows .has anyone come to play ehhh?

feel free to addon

xmas  verses so far.. jingle bells clements  smells ,spikes has run away

mcgee  is slow .fletcher blows .has  anyone come to play ehhh?

feel free to addon

816487[/snapback]

did you spend ALL of study hall coming up with this?

Go ahead and disagree. That's a ridiculous contract for an OG (highest paid lineman in the league IIRC?) and will hamper that team soon enough, unless of course the cap skyrockets another 10-15 mil every year.

816458[/snapback]

Any signing can be a strain on your cap down the road.

I was watching TKO on Sunday, and he looked average at best. Does this mean that he was a bad signing? I don't think so. TKO was a great signing, but he counts for what, 6 mil toward the cap in 07? Those are the chances a team must take.

After signing Hutch, the Vikes gave McKinnie in the neighborhood of 50 mil., so I am not seeing the negative impact, at least not yet.

Their plan might of course not work, but at least they are going after big guys rather than defensive backs, and other small "skill players." We don't do this, and we lose.

Have you ever wondered why?

Yes. You guys are absolutely right to be critical of the Bowen pick up when you haven't seen him play a down of football when it counts in Buffalo. After all, he was no good on someone else's roster, and I simply forgot that no player has ever sucked with one team and went on to do well in another. My bad.

Please continue with the warranted and understandable criticism of Matt Bowen as a Buffalo Bill...and don't forget to keep working in the "bad luck" angle.

816444[/snapback]

Wow you're amazing. Following your lahjik, you can't judge any player by anything they've done on the football filed for any other NFL team or at the college level because you don't know how they would do when they put on a Bills uniform. Is there something special about the Bills uniform that will transform an average player into a All Pro?

I was watching TKO on Sunday, and he looked average at best. Does this mean that he was a bad signing? I don't think so. TKO was a great signing, but he counts for what, 6 mil toward the cap in 07? Those are the chances a team must take.

After signing Hutch, the Vikes gave McKinnie in the neighborhood of 50 mil., so I am not seeing the negative impact, at least not yet.

Their plan might of course not work, but at least they are going after big guys rather than defensive backs, and other small "skill players." We don't do this, and we lose.

816490[/snapback]

To be fair, while the vikes have paid a pretty penny to hutch and Mckinnie, they also have handed out huge bucks to antoine winfield, fred smoot, and darren sharper, 2 CB's and a S.

816490[/snapback]

I do agree with the approach of going after guys that man the lines. I just don't think it was realistic to expect us to land Hutch at the price he came at and the situation. It was almost a foregone conclusion that he was going to stay with the Seahawks at the time. That's not to say we shouldn't pay good money to an available FA lineman. It just isn't reasonable to expect a team in this market to pay out a record contract like the one Hutch received.

Spikes is not the highest paid LB in the league (is he in the top 10?) , and he has already produced prior to his injury, and hopefully will produce close to that level again.

During the draft, I had no issue with the Whitner pick, but thought that when we moved up back into round 1 it should have been an O-lineman FWIW.

Wow you're amazing.  Following your lahjik, you can't judge any player by anything they've done on the football filed for any other NFL team or at the college level because you don't know how they would do when they put on a Bills uniform.

816492[/snapback]

Stay with me here, Scraps, because I'm going to explain this as slowly as possible. I am only going to do this one more time, so if you can't get it on this one, I can't help you any more.

The issue is not whether anyone is being CRITICAL of Bowen. (God forbid the day comes when you guys can't randomly be critical of everyone.) The REAL issue is that it has already been decided by people here that Bowen was a bad pick-up, and therefore a bust for Marv and the organization, based on two points: first, he sucked at his last job so he will suck here, and two, he is bad luck.

I can't explain it any slower than that and if you want to draw the same conclusion based on the same logic, there is little I can do to keep you from simply hating everything on this team for the sake of hating everything on this team.

During the draft, I had no issue with the Whitner pick, but thought that when we moved up back into round 1 it should have been an O-lineman FWIW.

816498[/snapback]

I agree...I really thought that we were trading up to get Mangold.....That would have been sweet..... But then again, as they had just signed Fowler for the

center position and Reyes for the LG position prior to the draft, the chance of

that happening was not good.....May be they could have gone after McNeil for

the LT position considering that Gandy was really a guard.

Stay with me here, Scraps, because I'm going to explain this as slowly as possible. I am only going to do this one more time, so if you can't get it on this one, I can't help you any more.

The issue is not whether anyone is being CRITICAL of Bowen. (God forbid the day comes when you guys can't randomly be critical of everyone.) The REAL issue is that it has already been decided by people here that Bowen was a bad pick-up, and therefore a bust for Marv and the organization, based on two points: first, he sucked at his last job so he will suck here, and two, he is bad luck.

I can't explain it any slower than that and if you want to draw the same conclusion based on the same logic, there is little I can do to keep you from simply hating everything on this team for the sake of hating everything on this team.

816500[/snapback]

Gotcha. So how is he doing for Marv? What has he done that should cause people to change those opinions?