First Felser, and now Vic

Dr. Trooth

Wow... if it wasn't enough for Felser to speak his mind about JP, the post game comments by Vic Carucci were not complimentary. Vic bascially said that if the coaching staff wanted to know what the have in JP, they should pretty much know by now and he doesn't think JP's going to get it done. When Vic chimes in like that, well... he's a guy that has a lot of respect, and he usually doesn't say a lot of negative things about a player. So, he ain't throwing JP under the bus... JP walked under it.

I was going to wait til season's end to make my own decision on whether or not JP was ever going to cut it. After watching him today, I'm leaning toward making my decision sooner. He's having a lot of problems now, but the thing that pisses me off the most about him is that he doesn't seem to have "presence". I mean, his turnovers today, and that stupid 5 yard penalty for letting the clock run down early in the game, was because his head wasn't screwed on. He's been sacked about 22 times or so and fumbled like 7 times (an avg. of 1 fumble per game). So, basically, 1 out of 3 sacks he's coughing it up. At this level, if you've got to be told to take care of the ball and not to stare down your receivers, you don't belong in the NFL.

Wow... if it wasn't enough for Felser to speak his mind about JP, the post game comments by Vic Carucci were not complimentary.  Vic bascially said that if the coaching staff wanted to know what the have in JP, they should pretty much know by now and he doesn't think JP's going to get it done.  When Vic chimes in like that, well... he's a guy that has a lot of respect, and he usually doesn't say a lot of negative things about a player.  So, he ain't throwing JP under the bus... JP walked under it.

I was going to wait til season's end to make my own decision on whether or not JP was ever going to cut it.  After watching him today, I'm leaning toward making my decision sooner.  He's having a lot of problems now, but the thing that pisses me off the most about him is that he doesn't seem to have "presence".  I mean, his turnovers today, and that stupid 5 yard penalty for letting the clock run down early in the game, was because his head wasn't screwed on.  He's been sacked about 22 times or so and fumbled like 7 times (an avg. of 1 fumble per game).  So, basically, 1 out of 3 sacks he's coughing it up.  At this level, if you've got to be told to take care of the ball and not to stare down your receivers, you don't belong in the NFL.

813410[/snapback]

I, too, was generally inclined to give Losman the bulk of the season to prove himself after winning the job fair and square in training camp - but I do have to wonder that with Felser and Carucci speaking out if the staff isn't planning to bring in their man Nall over the bye week.... I'm not 100% sure if I agree, but it seems like there are some indicators in that direction. I don't think that Felser and Carcucci just made their opinions up.....

JDG

I also was in the "wait and see" group... but I have waited and seen.

All good young QBs showed SOMETHING by their 15th start.

The O-Line is heinous, so that is an excuse, but the kid seems to lack the toughness and leadership that I'd have hoped to see.

The worst part is that the team is stuck. They committed to JP and now if they ditch him and draft another QB, BANG! We have another couple years to wait for our QB to mature.

Donahoe really screwed this one up.

I'd put the odds of Losman being a quality NFL starter for the Bills at about 25% right now. Some inconsistency at this point in his career is fine, but he hasn't really showed much besides that. He didn't exactly light it up in the Bills 2 wins. At this point, I think most people will be surprised if he amounts to anything.

I fully supported JP to be our starter but my support is dwindling fast. I know he can be an NFL QB with a real NFL team with a real Oline but it ain't happening here right now. Too bad. I still hope they let him start all 16 'cuz @ 2-5 we aren't going anywhere anyway. Let the kid ride it out, sink or swim, dink or duck. :doh:

Donahoe really screwed this one up.

YUP! :fyou TD

I also was in the "wait and see" group... but I have waited and seen.

All good young QBs showed SOMETHING by their 15th start.

813442[/snapback]

JP HAS played good games though. Minnesota, NE, and even the Jets game was pretty decent.

Im just playing devils advocate here.

BTW, I wouldnt be so quick to throw him out after his 15th start. The name Drew Brees is very familiar.

That being said, I am not opposed to taking a hard look at someone like Brady Quinn.

Lets give Nate a shitload of money, then trade him for a first. Lets not resign Kelsay. Lets resign Fletcher. Draft a QB if necesary with one first rounder, and a big friggin DT with the other. Then Oline in the second, or via free agency, and we NEED to get a good pass rusher.

Just some early ideas.

:doh: Didn't we once have a QB who held onto the ball too long, took sacks and fumbled frequently when he did? Deja vu. But, give him time and he was accurate (unlike JP) and threw TDs. I think he went to Dallas, didn't he? Anyone remember his name?

While I agree with most of your points (esp regarding McGahee), I have to disagree here.

I think the Bills need to just ride this out and let JP start and take every snap of every game this year. This team is going nowhere. Inserting Holcomb or Nall isn't going to better the situation. I say stand by him, give him an entire season and perhaps the light will go on.

Wow... if it wasn't enough for Felser to speak his mind about JP, the post game comments by Vic Carucci were not complimentary.  Vic bascially said that if the coaching staff wanted to know what the have in JP, they should pretty much know by now and he doesn't think JP's going to get it done.  When Vic chimes in like that, well... he's a guy that has a lot of respect, and he usually doesn't say a lot of negative things about a player.  So, he ain't throwing JP under the bus... JP walked under it.

I was going to wait til season's end to make my own decision on whether or not JP was ever going to cut it.  After watching him today, I'm leaning toward making my decision sooner.  He's having a lot of problems now, but the thing that pisses me off the most about him is that he doesn't seem to have "presence".  I mean, his turnovers today, and that stupid 5 yard penalty for letting the clock run down early in the game, was because his head wasn't screwed on.  He's been sacked about 22 times or so and fumbled like 7 times (an avg. of 1 fumble per game).  So, basically, 1 out of 3 sacks he's coughing it up.  At this level, if you've got to be told to take care of the ball and not to stare down your receivers, you don't belong in the NFL.

813410[/snapback]

When Vic chimes in like that, well... he's a guy that has a lot of respect

813410[/snapback]

From who? He's just another media Remora who's only "knowledge" of the game comes from what people tell him. No different than any other ESPN-wannabe.

:doh: Didn't we once have a QB who held onto the ball too long, took sacks and fumbled frequently when he did? Deja vu. But, give him time and he was accurate (unlike JP) and threw TDs. I think he went to Dallas, didn't he? Anyone remember his name?

813584[/snapback]

RJ ???

:doh:

813410[/snapback]

agreed

813410[/snapback]

but when is Marv expecting you to make your decision on JP?

He was saying McGahee didnt do very good because they didnt have a good OLine yet he says JPs OLine is good but he cant do anything.

813505[/snapback]

The difference is McGahee will still play well in spite of having a below average offensive line.

BTW, I wouldnt be so quick to throw him out after his 15th start. The name Drew Brees is very familiar.

That being said, I am not opposed to taking a hard look at someone like Brady Quinn.

813526[/snapback]

Very true about Brees. I don't think he accomplished much of anything at all his first 2 years starting in San Diego.

And how can you NOT consider a QB like Brady Quinn. Especially with the tutelidge he's received from Charlie Weis. That kid will be NFL ready from the get go.

I, too, was generally inclined to give Losman the bulk of the season to prove himself after winning the job fair and square in training camp - but I do have to wonder that with Felser and Carucci speaking out if the staff isn't planning to bring in their man Nall over the bye week....  I'm not 100% sure if I agree, but it seems like there are some indicators in that direction.    I don't think that Felser and Carcucci just made their opinions up.....

JDG

813416[/snapback]

Just nitpicking, but these are opinions. All opinions are made up. I assume you're talking about Carucci on the postgame show, and I didn't hear anything about info from OBD. If he did say he thought the Bills would (instead of should) make a change, that's a different story.

And one thing about Carucci on the postgame, he said that there would be no downside to putting in Nall or Holcomb because you could lways go back to Losman. I disagree. If Losman is benched again, he never starts another game for the Bills.

I think if Losman is benched again, he's done with the Bills altogether. He seems a little "iffy" up top as far as his ego and mental stability goes. He doesn't seem like the type that takes things with "a grain of salt". I think it would damage his psyche beyond the point of repair in Buffalo, maybe even as a QB totally.