Wade oh Wade

bdelma

I don't think any coach could win with the collection of "talent" the Bills field every week. This team has 10 legitimate starters on the team (and only 2 on the O and D lines). Everybody else is marginal at best. That's just not going to get it done.

That being said I'm not happy with the defensive philosophy I've seen thus far.

I don't think any coach could win with the collection of "talent" the Bills field every week.  This team has 10 legitimate starters on the team (and only 2 on the O and D lines).  Everybody else is marginal at best.  That's just not going to get it done.

That being said I'm not happy with the defensive philosophy I've seen thus far.

813010[/snapback]

It's a scheme that doesn't fit what we had player wise.

It's a scheme that doesn't fit what we had player wise.

813011[/snapback]

This, in a nutshell is the reason the team's blown sheep for a long time now.

You've had a succession of coaches come in with a SCHEME that they think works and before you know it, all the players hate the scheme and end up failing in it.

This reminds me of Greggo's "46" disaster.

10?  Lessee:

McGahee

Evans

Peters

Moorman

Lindell

Schobel

Spikes

Fletcher

Crowell

Clements

McGee

Whitner

I get 12.  I guess that's a wash if you weren't counting ST.

813017[/snapback]

Nah, I wasn't counting ST (hence no Lindell or Mooreman)...and yes, those are the exact 10 I had in mind.

10?  Lessee:

McGahee

Evans

Peters

Moorman

Lindell

Schobel

Spikes

Fletcher

Crowell

Clements

McGee

Whitner

813017[/snapback]

Sorry take Crow off that list. He should be our LB in nickle/dimes, but he's terrible filling gaps, and shedding blocks. Also, Reed deserves to be on that list. He has done everything asked of him to be the starter at the #2 / slot WR. Also, Royals is pretty good, again he has done mostly everything asked.

Sorry take Crow off that list.  He should be our LB in nickle/dimes, but he's terrible filling gaps, and shedding blocks.    Also, Reed deserves to be on that list.  He has done everything asked of him to be the starter at the #2 / slot WR.  Also, Royals is pretty good, again he has done mostly everything asked.

813027[/snapback]

You're probably right about Royals (he's done a pretty good job this year) but wrong about Crowell and Reed. None of the LBs are going to have much success when they have OL getting their mitts on them on a consistent basis. Honestly, at this point I’d be more likely to take Spikes off that list until he proves he can come back from his injury. Also, Reed is not a legit #2 option, he's a legit 3 and nothing more.

Nonetheless we're quibbling over a few players here. The point is this team has roughly 10-11 legit NFL starters on the roster. That's just horrible.

10?  Lessee:

McGahee

Evans

Peters

Moorman

Lindell

Schobel

Spikes

Fletcher

Crowell

Clements

McGee

Whitner

813017[/snapback]

Schobel is in no way a legitimate starter--unless you think someone who puts NO pressure on the QB for several games in a row is a legitimate starter..LOL...perhaps on a 4-12 team he is legitimate. He is a 'utility' defensive player.....a decent backup perhaps. The others i basically agree with but one is the punter and one is the kicker..that leaves 9...out of 22.--And Fletcher and Crowell and McGee are very average..

11-5- 10-6 and 8-8. Boy do i wish for him back here.

813000[/snapback]

While true, Wade also gave up on the team - which is just indefensible. Buffalo needs a coach who will be resilient and who will never give up until the fat lady sings,

JDG