Glazer tidbit on Clements

jahnyc

Jay Glazer reported on the CBS pre-game show that the Bills are shopping Clements before the trading deadline. He also noted that Tampa Bay was willing to trade a number of veteran players, including Booger McFarland (DT).

I recall that there were reports that the Bills agreed with Clements that they would not put the franchise tag on him again next year, which means this would be the last chance to get some value in return for Clements.

Jay Glazer reported on the CBS pre-game show that the Bills are shopping Clements before the trading deadline.  He also noted that Tampa Bay was willing to trade a number of veteran players, including Booger McFarland (DT).

I recall that there were reports that the Bills agreed with Clements that they would not put the franchise tag on him again next year, which means this would be the last chance to get some value in return for Clements.

804408[/snapback]

Wow. That could be one of the best possible situations for the Bills. For one, like you said we can get something for him now instead of him walking next year for nothing, and two because he's not doing much this year anyway. Trade deadline is week 6 right? Anyone know when this would have to be done?

Oct. 15, 2006 - 12:32 p.m. ET

The Bucs are reportedly dangling DT Anthony McFarland in trade talks.

Injured CB Brian Kelly is also available, according to FoxSports.com's Jay Glazer. Tampa is said to be looking for a first-day pick in exchange for McFarland, which might be asking too much for the underachiever.

How about Brian Kelly and Booger for Clements?

Trade deadline is this Tuesday.

804419[/snapback]

Don't know how long these talks have been happening, but if this is a new thing it will be tough for Tampa to work out a long term contract with Clements in the next 2 days.

McFarland? 20 career sacks? In his seventh season? Soon to be 29? He's missed 21 out of 100 regular season games. Anyone want a guy that plays 1 out of every 5 games?

Someone, anyone, I need help... please explain to me why this slob makes the bills a better team?

McFarland?  20 career sacks?  In his seventh season?  Soon to be 29?  He's missed 21 out of 100 regular season games.  Anyone want a guy that plays 1 out of every 5 games?

Someone, anyone, I need help... please explain to me why this slob makes the bills a better team?

805209[/snapback]

Nice math, genius. :blink:

McFarland?  20 career sacks?  In his seventh season?  Soon to be 29?  He's missed 21 out of 100 regular season games.  Anyone want a guy that plays 1 out of every 5 games?

805209[/snapback]

1. Plugs the middle of the field

2. Improve run defense

3. Disrupts the QB

4. Relatively young

McFarland sucks and he is not nearly worth as much as Clements straight up. The problem is we dont have any DT's and we will lose Clements anyways.... so does that overrule everything?

805226[/snapback]

Yeah, Clements sure looked like an All-Pro corner today.

Git 'er done Marv.

804422[/snapback]

i agree! - this could be the only way we get value from Nate this year. He certainly isnt giving us much value on the field and we can't tag him and trade him in the off-season. might as well get something for him. anyways, youboty should be ready sometime soon too.

i agree! - this could be the only way we get value from Nate this year. He certainly isnt giving us much value on the field and we can't tag him and trade him in the off-season. might as well get something for him. anyways, youboty should be ready sometime soon too.

805261[/snapback]

With McFarland, we wouldn't need an "All-Pro" like Nate at CB.

I say pull the trigger on this.

Yeah, Clements sure looked like an All-Pro corner today.

805238[/snapback]

Yes and Im sure McFarland looked much better when they surrender 100 yards rushing to the Ravens and Panthers, 150 against the Saints, and 306 yards in rushing alone to the Falcons.

Yes and Im sure McFarland looked much better when they surrender 100 yards rushing to the Ravens and Panthers, 150 against the Saints, and 306 yards in rushing alone to the Falcons.

805264[/snapback]

Who does he have to help him?

It's a damn mess down in Tampa Bay.

And BTW, they didn't look too bad vs. Cincinnati today. Surrendering only 14 points to one of the most prolific offenses in the league.

Dude what are you talking about? Clements only got beat once today and it was a definate push-off ... McGee is who got torched today  <_<

805265[/snapback]

So we don't put our "All-Pro" CB on Detroit's best WR?

Definitely says something about what the coaching staff thinks of him and his "abilities".

The same way you type with your foot consistantly in your mouth.

805271[/snapback]

NOOOOOOO you can still type with sh-- in your mouth.......

Just ask JSP's sister

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

damn im good

So we don't put our "All-Pro" CB on Detroit's best WR?

Definitely says something about what the coaching staff thinks of him and his "abilities".

805281[/snapback]

This shows your lack of football knowledge ... a CB plays his side. RARELY does a CB have an assignment to a particular receiver. If you noticed Clements did cover Williams a few plays. When he was on his side. Heck even little kids who play Madden know this ... default is your CB plays a side and if you want you can switch up and give him a particular assignment towards a receiver. But either way stop saying Clements got torched because your making yourself look like a tard.

This shows your lack of football knowledge ... a CB plays his side. RARELY does a CB have an assignment to a particular receiver. If you noticed Clements did cover Williams a few plays. When he was on his side. Heck even little kids who play Madden know this ... default is your CB plays a side and if you want you can switch up and give him a particular assignment towards a receiver. But either way stop saying Clements got torched because your making yourself look like a tard.

805295[/snapback]

Quick question.

Is Clements worth the 7.2M he is getting paid, which is what the thread is about.

Factor in all his performances thus far.

NOOOOOOO  you can still type with sh-- in your mouth.......

Just ask JSP's sister

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

damn im good

805283[/snapback]

your an !@#$. Why the hell do you need to bring family into this?

Quick question.

Is Clements worth the 7.2M he is getting paid, which is what the thread is about.

Factor in all his performances thus far.

805302[/snapback]

It would depend on the situation ... in our situation - YES!

We keep giving up good players because we dont want to pay them and think we can pick up a couple other players for the same ammount of money we could pay the one. Thus Winfield and Pat Washington is gone. Pat Washington would do wonders for our run defense right now huh???? Pay the darn player and you still have 12 million to do with how you please.

We keep giving up good players because we dont want to pay them and think we can pick up a couple other players for the same ammount of money we could pay the one. Thus Winfield and Pat Washington is gone. Pat Washington would do wonders for our run defense right now huh???? Pay the darn player and you still have 12 million to do with how you please.

805320[/snapback]

Yes Pat Washingtion would look good in our run defense...

wait who's Pat Washington...

Is that a combo of MT TED and BIG PAT...

damn that dude would look good in our defense

805320[/snapback]

Pat doesn't / didn't fit our system.

If you could build a good pass rush, you won't need to have as good CB's. Imagine if we got McFarland, who has experience in our D, paired with Tripplett. Have Schobel on the outside, and draft Gaines Adams in the Draft.

Judging by our performance today, we'll be in a prime spot to pick him.

Can you imagine that pass rush we could generate? We could have Chris Watson and Darryl Porter back there, and still be successful.

We know this team isn't going anywhere this year, but if we can build up the trenches now, it will benefit us in the long run.

That's why I'm in favor of this trade.

Yes Pat Washingtion would look good in our run defense...

wait who's Pat Washington...

Is that a combo of MT TED and BIG PAT...

damn that dude would look good in our defense

805326[/snapback]

who is pat washington?  <_<

805327[/snapback]

AHAHAHA I guess I had Ted Washington and Pat Williams both on the mind ;)

Pat doesn't / didn't fit our system.

If you could build a good pass rush, you won't need to have as good CB's. Imagine if we got McFarland, who has experience in our D, paired with Tripplett. Have Schobel on the outside, and draft Gaines Adams in the Draft.

Judging by our performance today, we'll be in a prime spot to pick him.

Can you imagine that pass rush we could generate? We could have Chris Watson and Darryl Porter back there, and still be successful.

We know this team isn't going anywhere this year, but if we can build up the trenches now, it will benefit us in the long run.

That's why I'm in favor of this trade.

805331[/snapback]

Your posts are getting worse and worse.

Every team in the NFL including the Bills know that Clements is worth more than mcFarland. There is a reason why Tampa is putting him on the trading block. He is injured often and gets very few sacks (ie: no pressure on the qb) ... the Bucs would have to include another player or a draft pick for us to give up Clements. Thus the trade does not make sense for us.

What you dont understand is that Clements has a lot of value in this league and once he is a free agents MULTIPLE teams will be offering him good money for hiss services. Fox pre-game said as much in the pregame saying he will be probably the best Free Agent on the market.