46 minutes into LOST

stevestojan

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee, this sounds familiar.

If it's so awful then quit watching it and shut the !@#$ up.

And not necessarily in that order.  :blink:

802420[/snapback]

Sorry... what I meant to say was:

"wow, that was the greatest episode ever... they even made a funny about the Red Sox!"..... :)

Worst episode yet.

Something's wrong with that link of yours, BTW...

Sorry... what I meant to say was:

"wow, that was the greatest episode ever... they even made a funny about the Red Sox!".....

Or you could have said nothing. I know, a novel concept.

Something's wrong with that link of yours, BTW...

:)

It was interesting that Ben said in response to being told that Said was on a boat, "let them sail around in circles."

I think we may have our first concrete evidence that this is not a real island.

802578[/snapback]

Didn't Juliet say that? I thought Ben seemed concerned they had a boat.

I actually liked this episode. It was infinitely better than the opener (yawner).

The comment about sailing in circles lends more weight to the arguement that the island is impossible to escape without knowing how. Since the others had to give Micheal coordinates to leave the island, it is likely that the magnetic anomaly interferes with navigation.

Ben didn't seem concerned at all until the blondie mentioned that thier lair might be found.

BTW, How friggin stupid do you have to be to not assume the others will try and steal the sailboat instead of a head-on confrontation? Why they didn't have Sun (who can sail) take the boat out into the ocean and wait for a signal to keep the boat from falling into enemy hands is unbelievable. And the Iraqi is supposedly a master of warfare? Stupid, stupid...

I actually liked this episode. It was infinitely better than the opener (yawner).

The comment about sailing in circles lends more weight to the arguement that the island is impossible to escape without knowing how. Since the others had to give Micheal coordinates to leave the island, it is likely that the magnetic anomaly interferes with navigation.

Ben didn't seem concerned at all until the blondie mentioned that thier lair might be found.

BTW, How friggin stupid do you have to be to not assume the others will try and steal the sailboat instead of a head-on confrontation? Why they didn't have Sun (who can sail) take the boat out into the ocean and wait for a signal to keep the boat from falling into enemy hands is unbelievable. And the Iraqi is supposedly a master of warfare? Stupid, stupid...

802620[/snapback]

I thought this too, but who says the others don't have another boat?

Well, some people just seem to get pissed at the incrementalism that LOST has become to them after Season 1... Only, it has always been incrementalist. There's something that happened to our attitudes in the first offseason; the show is old hat and we want to know everything now now now. If you are one of those people, like Steve, I'd suggest you put your time to better use, b/c it's going to continue like this.

Last night's ep is a continuation of a Sun-centric ep from last season, where she learned English with the guy, but we were relieved that she didn't have an affair with him.... and now we find out that she did, about 2 months previously in island-time (remember in their world, it's still 2004 for them, which is easy to forget. Tho it was reinforced w/ the Red Sox clip). Enter the possibility that Sun's baby is not Jin's... in fact, more than that since the doctor said Jin was sterile....

We have so far this season been exposed to different, uglier sides of characters we had come to admire.

Jack's question "Why would you stay here?" is apparently going to be much of the plotline this season. Why are people complaining about this? It's what the writers are doing, with a definite purpose. For myself, I will continue to enjoy the slow ride.

802620[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing last night: why the F is she still tied up to the dock!!!!

I'm not too happy with the show right now.

Between:

1) trying to remember all the open details (and there were many, many details) from last season and connecting them with the current season

2) attempting to follow at least 3 major branches of the story (Jack, Sawyer, and Kate with The Others...Sun, Jin, and Sayid....and soon to be Locke, Echo, Charlie, and Hugo) Am I forgetting any?

3) getting many more questions every week with very little resolution of the past

4) The Others always getting their way. The plane survivors need at least a small victory at some point....just to tide me over.

Maybe I'm too dumb to watch this show, but I need to be able to pack up and put aside some past info before getting much satisfaction out of the new stuff.

But next week is the return of Locke and Eco...my two favorite characters.