Where were you when.....

taterhill

Buffalo BIlls vs New York Jets Bills WIN 9-6(OT)

I will post these from time to time...it is fun to think back where you were when historic Bills games took place....

I was 14 and at public skate at the Nike Base..they had the game on the radio..blasting over the loud speakers..I remeber everyone going crazy when Smerlas blocked the FG...good times....

I was 11.  Watching the game with my mom and dad.  I remember the tv volume at home was never on, always Van Miller and Murph in the back ground.  Wow that pretty much the start of the 90's Bills run.

797743[/snapback]

I used to always listen to Van and Murph with the TV as well...I'd still do that if there wasnt that satellite delay

At the game. Freaking out.

I remember being able to hear so very clearly the sound of the football against Fred's hand.

797775[/snapback]

Was there also - that sound you heard was a THUD. remember it well - also went on the field after but can't find myself on that famous photo.

Was there also - that sound you heard was a THUD. remember it well - also went on the field after but can't find myself on that famous photo.

797786[/snapback]

I was 7 years old and at the game with my dad... we had season tickets for a couple of those years. That game is one of my earliest memories as a kid. I still remember leaving the game in our car and looking out the window seeing a group of guys carrying a piece of the goal post down the street. Don't know how they got it out of the stadium or what they did with it, but that was just awesome!

At the game having a blast. Didn't go down on the field, but one of the uprights came up through our section (old section C) when people were passing it up and out of the stadium. Got to place a hand on it! Even my then 62 year old mother was going crazy and grabbed it.

Sophomore year in college.

I was hoping the Bills would win because they would clinch the division early and get at least one home game at then-Rich Stadium.

I actually have a photo of the postgame tearing down of the goalposts I downloaded and put on my refrigerator at the office.

Buffalo BIlls vs New York Jets Bills WIN 9-6(OT)

I will post these from time to time...it is fun to think back where you were when historic Bills games took place....

I was 14 and at public skate at the Nike Base..they had the game on the radio..blasting over the loud speakers..I remeber everyone going crazy when Smerlas blocked the FG...good times....

797740[/snapback]

I will never forget that day. What better way to celebrate your 18th birthday than to witness it firsthand!! Then to be on the field after the game!

I was hoping the Bills would win because they would clinch the division early and get at least one home game at then-Rich Stadium.

I actually have a photo of the postgame tearing down of the goalposts I downloaded and put on my refrigerator at the office.

797830[/snapback]

Where can I find that picture online?

797830[/snapback]

Sweet - good idea for a thread. We clinched vs. the Jets like 6 years in a row :lol:

We usually blew them out in Jersey but for some reason they always gave us problems at our place even when they were terrible. I was a bit young for this game but I remember the '93 game where their kicker missed like 3 FG's to give us homefield. It was freezing and we got a rare break from the refs when Thurman appeared to fumble before reaching the endzone for our only TD.

i was there as well. I still think it's amazing that we tore down the goalposts all those times - at least 2 times I think during out run (that game and at least the first afc championship game). What other pro teams have done that? I honestly don't think it has happened in the past 20 years besides Buffalo...

I was at the game. We parked in one of those lots on California where it was all muddy & I dropped my program in the mud. The program took days to dry & is clearly in the worst shape of any of my programs. I just looked at it & it's all wrinkled & faded.