Why The BILLS Will Lose This Week....

Currently sitting at a surprisingly respectable 2-2, the Buffalo Bills face their biggest test of the aging NFL regular season, as they'll take on the Chicago Bears this Sunday. One-quarter of the way through the year, the Bears, at 4-0, are the class of the NFC.

Not helping matters for Buffalo is having to play in hostile Soldier Field, where beating a red-hot Bears team seems like a taller order than defeating LeBron James in a game of HORSE.

The Bills are dealing with quite a few various concerns entering Sunday's game, but there are a few that stick out above the rest.

No. 1 - Duke Preston:

A casual observer of the Bills, or the NFL, likely doesn't even know who Preston, a second-year right offensive guard, is. However, with veteran starter Chris Villarial sidelined, Buffalo's newly sturdy offensive line will have to get along with a green youngster starting against the Bears' vaunted defense.

Preston, a 311-pounder who attended the University of Illinois, returns to his old college state to face one of the game's fiercest defensive tackles, Tommie Harris. On a Chicago 'D' jam-packed with superstars, Harris and his five sacks are standing out above the rest. Naturally, if Preston can't at least contain the ex-Oklahoma star, quarterback J.P. Losman will get destroyed in the pocket.

No. 2 - J.P. Losman:

Through four games this season, anyone with eyesight can tell Losman has become a much better QB than what he was last year. The third-year man, in his first full season as a starter, has thrown only one interception compared to four TD passes. But the question is, how will the 25-year-old fare against a legitimately great defensive unit? If he performs poorly, there's not necessarily any shame in it. After all, Chicago's swarming defense has terrorized the likes of Brett Favre and Matt Hasselbeck this year.

If Losman can somehow remain both upright and poised in this game, Buffalo will have a fighting chance. However, if the former first-round pick is shaken early in Chi-town, this could turn into a blowout of epic proportions.

No. 3 - Defensive pass rush:

On paper, the Bears' offense isn't any great shakes. Think again, though. Quarterback Rex Grossman's 100.8 passer rating is good for fifth in the league; running back Thomas Jones is picking up the pace; and the team has some good pass-catching options in the form of Muhsin Muhammad, Bernard Berrian and Desmond Clark (listed as questionable).

In the event the Bills' defense gets no pressure on Grossman, he'll pick their secondary apart. And if Grossman gets rolling, Buffalo will be forced to protect against the pass, which will open things up for Jones and Chicago's underappreciated rushing attack.

The last two weeks of action have seen the Bills get zero sacks on opposing QBs. Yes, I said zero. Granted, they had to face Chad Pennington and his quick release, as well as the Vikings' elite offensive line, but it still doesn't give Buffalo a pass.

Frankly, against a Bears O-line that includes big names like Olin Kreutz, John Tait and Ruben Brown (an all-time Bills great), it isn't going to get any easier. Considering that, the onus for the visitors will be on defensive ends Aaron Schobel, Ryan Denney and Chris Kelsay to mount some sort of rush. Not likely.

New Bills head coach Dick Jauron would like nothing more than to beat his former team in its home stadium, but talent will end up ruling the day. Assuming that happens, the obvious edge goes to the juggernaut Bears, led by the cooler-than-ice Lovie Smith, who could be the league's best team.

Expect Buffalo's ball-control offense and above-average defense to keep the team in it, but the Bears will pull it out, 17-9.

******************************************************************************************

...dosen't look to good for Buffalo... :D

But, actually, I think this game is going to be a real Dog Fight!

Come'on SUNDAY!!!!

....take the OVER (34) on this game!

Why they will win....

Bears beat the Packers / Youngest team in the NFL with an aging Favre

Bears beat the Lions / Well, the Lions really beat themselves (3 fumbles)

Bears baring beat the Vikings / Bills soundly beat the Vikings (best team the bears played)

Bears beat seattle when they were one dimensional, no SA.

You are predicting the score to be 17-9 and you are telling people to take the over.I just threw out your whole analysis based on that last statement. Its long saying its hot as hell outside better wear a sweater. Hows the weather in Chicago tough guy. Dont worry about the Bills we will take one from your beloved Bearrrrsssss.

(Polished writing here)

******************************************************************************************

...dosen't look to good for Buffalo... :D

But, actually, I think this game is going to be a real Dog Fight!

Come'on SUNDAY!!!!

....take the OVER (34) on this game!

797026[/snapback]

Who wrote the main section of your post? The style difference and your OVER prediction indicate it wasn't you....

Cooler then ice Lovie Smith?

That must make DJ colder then Ice. You don't see Lovie Standing on the sidelines in a turtleneck in the Miami Heat not breaking a sweat

The Bears have a good defence?

I don't think I have heard that at all this week. That is all everyone says, the defence is so dominant and great so Buffalo will automatically lose.

Grossman will pick apart Buffalos secondary?

The same guy being booed and being replaced by Griese in the preseason? Bears fans must have very short memories. I can remember vividly being at a bears game this preseason hearing the fans boo him off the field calling him a bum and a loser, then cheering on Griese like he was the second coming of Montana. Now Grossman is back as their new HOF QB?

Its not going to be an easy game for Buffalo to win, but it is not out of their reach. I don't think the Bears offence is any better then Buffalos. If JP can lead a few drives and McGahee can break out a couple big runs, I think the Bills D can hold Grossman and the Bears offence off and squeak out a win in Chicago

Grossman isn't that good. The bears running game isn't "all that" either. Our defensive line is not the same kind of defensive line the Bears are used to. Much lighter and faster and may pressure Grossman more than expected. Our aggressive defense and our speed behind the defensive line may expose Grossman as a very "ordinary" (gasp!!!) qb and will result in turnovers, field position and perhaps even points. Our Special teams are better (BLASPHEMY!!) than their special teams and lots of neat things (field position, turnovers and even scores) happen from the special teams front. Their defense is awesome...however we have a very good running back and may eat up lots of yardage and clock. JP is raw, but he has a rocket arm that will be turned loose once or twice in the game (no way we expose him more often than that) for a strike. Yeah...we can win. (WHAT!!!????? :devil: )

You are predicting the score to be 17-9 and you are telling people to take the over.I  just threw out your whole analysis based on that last statement. Its long saying its hot as hell outside better wear a sweater. Hows the weather in Chicago tough guy. Dont worry about the Bills we will take one from your beloved Bearrrrsssss.

797032[/snapback]

Probably because he copy and pasted the entire analysis from football365 link on the front page:

realfootball365

Probably because he copy and pasted the entire analysis from football365 link on the front page:

realfootball365

797089[/snapback]

I don't think he was trying to pawn it off as his own, hence the seperation of what what his and what wasn't.

Though a link certainly should have been provided.

Here is my prediction.......

I predict Buffalo to have a tough game

I predict win or lose Buffalo will gain MAJOR experience with this game

I predict this is going to make a very young team more mentally strong later in the year.

Thats what I predict!