How 'bout them apples?

EZC-Boston

From Today's Buffalo News...

For all the Sabres fans who took gleeful jabs at the Hurricanes' inability to sell out some of their playoff games, consider this: The Hurricanes sold out their home opener against the Sabres before tickets went on sale to the general public, giving them a standing-room only crowd of 18,840.

The Sabres, as of Thursday afternoon, still had several hundred tickets available for tonight's home opener against the Montreal Canadiens.

For all the Sabres fans who took gleeful jabs at the Hurricanes' inability to sell out some of their playoff games, consider this: The Hurricanes sold out their home opener against the Sabres before tickets went on sale to the general public, giving them a standing-room only crowd of 18,840.

The Sabres, as of Thursday afternoon, still had several hundred tickets available for tonight's home opener against the Montreal Canadiens.

796973[/snapback]

I wasn't aware the Sabres were raising a Stanley Cup championship banner tonight.

796973[/snapback]

shut up.......go watch the Bruins with all of your fellow "chowds" traitor!!!!!

shut up.......go watch the Bruins with all of your fellow "chowds" traitor!!!!!

796982[/snapback]

I'm just saying if I was in town I would be there and all you guys should spend more time cheering on our team than mocking the other team...

796973[/snapback]

Weren't their still tickets available to the game one Tuesday/Wednesday for the Carolina game even thought they said it had been sold out since before the tickets went on sale?

It is a little disapointing knowing the Sabres can't sell this game out, but I can see why since it is a gold game and early in the year, plus alot of people (like me) are still trying to recover from the money spent on the playoff games last year.

I'm just saying if I was in town I would be there and all you guys should spend more time cheering on our team than mocking the other team...

796985[/snapback]

I will be there too beyotch

Explain to me this color coding please.

Gold? Bronze? chartreuse?  Are these packages of games?

797024[/snapback]

Where, In Buffalo?

All the home games are Gold, Silver, Bronze, or Value.

The colour is determined by the opponents and the pouplarity of that game and determines the cost of the tickets. I believe all Leafs and Canadian games this season are gold, which means they are the most expensive games (usually because they sell out no matter what)

A game like a Wednesday night game against the Thrashers would be a value game which would have the cheapest tickets because it is usually a hard game to sellout, being the thrashers and a midweek game

Weren't their still tickets available to the game one Tuesday/Wednesday for the Carolina game even thought they said it had been sold out since before the tickets went on sale?

It is a little disapointing knowing the Sabres can't sell this game out, but I can see why since it is a gold game and early in the year, plus alot of people (like me) are still trying to recover from the money spent on the playoff games last year.

796997[/snapback]

Earlier in the week, I think Tuesday, Brad Riter went online and was able to "purchase" 8 tickets in row 105. It seems to me that they announced a sellout that wasn't a sellout

Earlier in the week, I think Tuesday, Brad Riter went online and was able to "purchase" 8 tickets in row 105. It seems to me that they announced a sellout that wasn't a sellout

797061[/snapback]

You could do the same with the Bills for last week's sellout. Remember there are tickets that are "held" for opposing teams, promotions, etc, that left unused are made available at the last minute...

You don't think that a Stanley Cup banner-raising party would be a difference maker over a couple hundred seats?

Sometimes you can be lucky with Bills tickets. In the early 90's my friends came up from PA and were going to try to by tickets from scalpers. On Saturday they went to the front office to see if any tickets had been returned first. During the week, a player had been cut and his tickets were available. My friends sat on the 50 about 10 rows up in the middle of the team family section.

Could all the press about how well tickets are selling actually scare off potential buyers?  If they're assuming that games are already sold out, why bother trying to buy tickets?

797090[/snapback]

We have our winner.....

that and with the recent rash of season tickets, there are a lot more single seat tickets now. There are lots of sections that are almost exclusively bought up by STH's but there are random single empty seats. Those are the tickets that are impossible to sell.

We have our winner.....

that and with the recent rash of season tickets, there are a lot more single seat tickets now. There are lots of sections that are almost exclusively bought up by STH's but there are random single empty seats.  Those are the tickets that are impossible to sell.

797116[/snapback]

Best I could do was 2 seats together. And at Gold level pricing, yowza. Again, special event like the raising of a banner, sure, but $63 for 300/II?

People who don't get seasons will generally go to cheaper price-level games, unless they really want to see that particular opponent (usually fans of that team).

Best I could do was 2 seats together.  And at Gold level pricing, yowza.  Again, special event like the raising of a banner, sure, but $63 for 300/II?

People who don't get seasons will generally go to cheaper price-level games, unless they really want to see that particular opponent (usually fans of that team).

797254[/snapback]

This one is one of only 6 "gold" games this year. One of the other Hab games is "gold" and all 4 Loaf games are.

Which makes sense. The Loaf games will sell out at pretty much any price and the Habs are usually a pretty good sell as well.

Typically, RBC holds back tickets till a few days before the event. Kind of like how arenas hold concert tickets back. I bought fourth row tix once for RUSH at Blockbuster Pavilion the day of the show once...

797063[/snapback]

Why? What does that prove? An overrated band can't sell out?