Umm...hello...LOST! Just over 24 hours away...

EZC-Boston

That's it?  That was the big payoff?  Ugh, not a great episode.

BTW, the Stephen King book they were holding was way too thin to be The Stand.

796325[/snapback]

Everyone I've spoken to thinks it was Carrie, which I know nothing about but would somehow relate to Walt...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

796325[/snapback]

As stated in my prior thoughts I felt the book was Carrie too because of the whole connection to Walt due to their abilities to supernaturally control things. In terms of the payoff I have since rewatched the opening sequence and Juliette talks about picking something Ben doesn't like and the idea of freewill existing. Which sounds like our pal Henry (ie Ben) is some kind of dictator on the island.

796325[/snapback]

yup, big s. king fan here, and the stand is over 1,000 pages long. i'll think of the books i have read of his and see if i can come up with any possibilities.

I think the biggest thing revealed last night is that, as much as we've been conditioned by the writers to almost unconditionally like Jack, he's now got something of a dark side that hadn't been shown before. We have come to admire his dedication... last night's ep shows when he became too dedicated/possessive. He was stalking Sarah. It's ony toward the end that I was a little relieved that he has indeed moved on from that, only wanting to know whether she was happy.

I'm wondering at the chronology of it too. As I'm thinking, this obviously occured after Jack failed in the surgery on the Italian(?) guy... and right before Christian was fired for operating under the influence. Quite the building father/son tension there, combined with Jack's accusation (which Chrisitan didn't actually deny, just said 'Don't go there.'). The intercom thing was his father's voice, even tho Juliette said it hadn't worked in a long time.

That opening scene was a jawdropper for me. Maybe the deal with Kate is a whole Stepford Wives thing to incorporate her into the Utopia? Anyway... Zeke/Mr. Friendly is definitely gay (Kate's not his type? WTF!?).

One of the things I caught, as I'm sure most of you did was during the first flashback with Jack stalking Sarah, while sitting in his car on the radio you hear the Glen Miller band playing the same music that we heard when Sayid & Hurley picked it up on their radio.

Also, how big is this island?

After the plane crashed and the camera pans back, we can see the others' civilization, and where both plane sections crashed.

From that shot, the island looks huge.

Just what is it with these others?

After they see the crash, Ben gives Goodwin & Ethan orders on what to do.

So instead of trying to rescue these people, they decide to stalk them?

How !@#$ up are these people?

Can't wait for next week.

Anybody know a good Lost board?  And please don't tell me google, we all know boards are not created equal.  I don't want one that has all sorts of spoilers, just good solid discussion.

797180[/snapback]

the ones at abc.com are pretty good. if anybody is posting a spoiler, the thread is clearly labeled....usually.

Anybody know a good Lost board?  And please don't tell me google, we all know boards are not created equal.  I don't want one that has all sorts of spoilers, just good solid discussion.

797180[/snapback]

Not sure about Lost, but the forums at Television Without Pity are pretty good, and they have specific boards for different shows.

There's a thing called the LOST experience that people have been playing all Summer. Frankly, I don't have time for that. Still, it's an online game from ABC with little hints and tidbits. Here's a partial assembly of videos that ABC hid on the Internet over the Summer. (This "game" is not supposed to be integral to the LOST TV show, but apparently offers glimpses into the LOST backstory.)

I've watched every single episode of this show since day 1. Fact is, I think great television is more than being strung along with one bit of crumb here and there. I think that only revealing a guys name as the major plot point is lame. Sorry to offend you all...

796100[/snapback]

You think the only reveal was a guy's name? WTF do you want from an episode? We saw a town where the Others live that looks like suburban San Diego. We met a new woman who is in conflict with Ben/Henry. We visited a new station that's an aquarium where they studied dophins--also found out a little information on where the bears came from. We learned that Jack holds himself responsible for killing his father because he got him back on the hooch.

That's more new info than any episode I remember.

You think the only reveal was a guy's name? WTF do you want from an episode? We saw a town where the Others live that looks like suburban San Diego. We met a new woman who is in conflict with Ben/Henry. We visited a new station that's an aquarium where they studied dophins--also found out a little information on where the bears came from. We learned that Jack holds himself responsible for killing his father because he got him back on the hooch.

That's more new info than any episode I remember.

798119[/snapback]

Sorry, I don't agree. I feel that a season opener should have a little more substance than that.

The beginning I will admit was good, I do like the fact that they have an entire town set up, but that doesn't really explain much does it?

Dolphins, wow. Look honey, the dolphins are playing!!!!!!

We knew Jack felt responsible for killing his dad, probably more due to the fact that he had him disbarred from the AMA.

If you want to see what a season opener should be, watch BSG. I'll give this show a few more episodes. The next week looks promising...