Chicago

nodnarb

I'm calling bull sh-- (yet again).

Chicago's wins have come against Detroit, GB and Seattle, sans Alexander, at home.

Let's give our boys a chance, they might just suprise you. I'll take youth and speed ANY day. These guys are too young to know they're supposed to lose.

792480[/snapback]

and dont forget the vikings, which we handed a small spanking. The vikings played a close game with chicago. I agree that the bears look good. I believe we looked good against the vikings and will look better against detroit.

This matchup may be closer that a lot of the experts have stated. My pick is the Bills.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we keep the game within 10 points, I'll be happy.

Seriously, that team is far beyond us. I will never for a second say any NFL game is a sure thing, but if we win this game it would be the biggest upset this season by a long shot.

The only chance I see is if Grossman plays completely opposite from how he has played the last 3 weeks and makes big mistakes the whole game. Here's to hoping!

The Bills will compete. Whether they have enough to pull off the upset remains to be seen. What I see in the Bills is a team that is finding it's identity and seems to be gaining confidence.

The defense is pretty solid, special teams are a strength, but the offense needs to find that consistency and killer instinct when they have the chance to score points.

Losman I believe will be a keeper as he continues to gain more experience and confidence. What is encouraging is that I think he was the best offensive player on the field against the Vikings.

On paper, this looks like a mismatch, but games aren't played on paper (pardon the cliche). But, IMHO if the Bills are to win, it will be in a low scoring defensive battle, decided by special teams and a big play off a turnover.

and when the hell did Rex Fuggin Grossman wake up and become Carson Palmer's Doppleganger? Man o man his deep ball is beautiful. He's tearing up a damn good defense out there. I thought he was supposed to be just another Chicago QB?

792272[/snapback]

I was at the preseason game in Chicago where they lost against the Cards and watched the fans turn on him and Boo him off the field. They were cheering Griese as their new saviour, now Grossman is back to being the man in Chicago? Things seem to change rather quickly

I think the Bills can stay with them and beat them.

Chicago has wins against:

Packers - Yippee

Lions - Equally Yippee

Vikings - who we beat

Seahawks - Good win for them.

Now 4-0 is nice. But who they have played, to me, doesn't show complete dominance or that they will be a dynasty or anything. Still early and I think the young Bills can compete.

The Bills will compete. Whether they have enough to pull off the upset remains to be seen. What I see in the Bills is a team that is finding it's identity and seems to be gaining confidence.

The defense is pretty solid, special teams are a strength, but the offense needs to find that consistency and killer instinct when they have the chance to score points.

Losman I believe will be a keeper as he continues to gain more experience and confidence. What is encouraging is that I think he was the best offensive player on the field against the Vikings.

On paper, this looks like a mismatch, but games aren't played on paper (pardon the cliche). But, IMHO if the Bills are to win, it will be in a low scoring defensive battle, decided by special teams and a big play off a turnover.

794098[/snapback]

This may be a game where there are more defensive touchdowns than offensive touchdowns. Both of these D's are tough and ball hawkers.

I think the Bills can stay with them and beat them.

Chicago has wins against:

Packers - Yippee

Lions - Equally Yippee

Vikings - who we beat

Seahawks - Good win for them.

Now 4-0 is nice.  But who they have played, to me, doesn't show complete dominance or that they will be a dynasty or anything.  Still early and I think the young Bills can compete.

794134[/snapback]

But look at how they won.

• Packers - SHUT OUT Brett Farve for the first time in his career of well over 220 games
  • Detroit - Against a team that only the week before held the defending NFC Champs to 3 FGs we scored 34 points
  • Vikings - against the up-and-coming rival Vikes (also 2-0 then) in a fight for the division lead we lost the game and then at the end came back to win in their house
  • Seahawks - hosting the unbeaten (3-0) defending NFC Champs, we didn't just win, we totally dominated them. Shaun Alexander would not have made up the 31 point differential. Remember the 'Hawks scored 42 points against the Giants one week before playing us without Shaun Alexander

Also, da Bears have allowed only ONE Offensive Touchdown in 4 games. And that only happened when we went into a soft prevent defense in the 3rd Qtr. against Detroit after running up the score 24-0 at Halftime. Our QB Rex Grossman has only been sacked 3 times in 4 games, even though all of our opponents tried to pressure Rex throughout the game in an attempt to force a mistake from an inexperienced QB.

•  
  • Packers - SHUT OUT Brett Farve for the first time in his career of well over 220 games

• Detroit - Against a team that only the week before held the defending NFC Champs to 3 FGs we scored 34 points

• Vikings - against the up-and-coming rival Vikes (also 2-0 then) in a fight for the division lead we lost the game and then at the end came back to win in their house

• Seahawks - hosting the unbeaten (3-0) defending NFC Champs, we didn't just win, we totally dominated them.  Shaun Alexander would not have made up the 31 point differential.  Remember the 'Hawks scored 42 points against the Giants one week before playing us without Shaun Alexander

Also, da Bears have allowed only ONE Offensive Touchdown in 4 games.  And that only happened when we went into a soft prevent defense in the 3rd Qtr. against Detroit after running up the score 24-0 at Halftime.  Our QB Rex Grossman has only been sacked 3 times in 4 games, even though all of our opponents tried to pressure Rex throughout the game in an attempt to force a mistake from an inexperienced QB.

794182[/snapback]

All valid points.

But the game still has to be played on the field come Sunday. Not on paper.

Any given Sunday....

•  

• Seahawks - hosting the unbeaten (3-0) defending NFC Champs, we didn't just win, we totally dominated them.  Shaun Alexander would not have made up the 31 point differential.  Remember the 'Hawks scored 42 points against the Giants one week before playing us without Shaun Alexander

Also, da Bears have allowed only ONE Offensive Touchdown in 4 games.  And that only happened when we went into a soft prevent defense in the 3rd Qtr. against Detroit after running up the score 24-0 at Halftime.  Our QB Rex Grossman has only been sacked 3 times in 4 games, even though all of our opponents tried to pressure Rex throughout the game in an attempt to force a mistake from an inexperienced QB.

794182[/snapback]

Ok. Nice and all. However, Brett Favre we ALL know isn't what he used to be. Also the Packers are a very young team. I believe the youngest in the NFL.

The Lions game the Lions fumbled three times and gave up all three. "Let's be honest," Kitna said. "The Bears' defense is a good defense, but, that being said, I thought it was a lot more of us than it was them. ... We caused ourselves problems."

Vikings, let's face they barely beat the Vikings. The Bills should have let Vikings get that close.

Seahawks - great team. One dimensional in that game with no Alexander. Shaun may not have made up a 31 point differential... however, the Bears would not have been on the field that long either since they would have been running him. tic for tac.

The one thing you mentioned that stands out is that Grossman has not been pressured. That has to happen on Sunday.

•  

794182[/snapback]

You know, the Bears are good, no doubt. BUT, the Bills have absolutely nothing to lose. We have late round draft picks that are playing well, and a young, interesting team.

Ruben Brown was a washed up sack of sh-- when he left Buffalo, and now he is that much older. Urlacher is good, but I think Fletcher is just as good. JP is young (and I have given him my share of grief) but Grossman is too, and fragile to boot.

The Bills are a pesky team. The line says that you will beat us, and you most likely will. That said, let's not pretend that you have the 85 Bears going on here. Not even close. I am not seeing Walter Peyton nor Richard Dent, are you?

Personally, I expect Aaron Schobel to kick Grossman's ass.

Here's to a game with no injuries.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

History will strike a harmonic balance and the Bills will win!

Here is why:

The Bills and Bears are 4-5 with the edge going to the Bears... Been mostly a "home series" since they started playing each other at Wrigley Filed (yes the Bears moved to Soldier back in 1971 or 1972... Actually, most Bears' home games have been played there and won't be surpassed by Soldier Field for a few years to come) back in 1970. Since then each has won at home with the Bears breaking the Bills and winning at Rich... Under a Chuck Knox led team that was ON THE RISE (0-7 was the score that October day in 1979)...

So... So the Bears are good, yes... "Scary good"... :lol::lol::lol:

NOT!

They played crap teams... And shot their wad last week.

Bills win and strike a harmonic balance and FINAAAAALLLLY win IN Chicago!

BTW... Looks like it is down to me and Matt in DC for the "Smartass contest"... I said the Bills would win and he said they'd lose...

:P:P:lol:

UPSET OF THE YEAR!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Run STRAIGHT AT URLACHER... Make him look like a fool that Bledsoe and company (yes 'ole Drewby) did to him with the last OT win at the Ralph...

Again... Run straight at him... He will look like a fool...

Can't figure out why teams respect him so much...

Willis if you are reading this... Forget the dancing, you will have a big, BIG DAY!!! Mark my words... If you dance, you are in trouble...

IMO, of course!

:P

when the hell did Rex Fuggin Grossman wake up and become Carson Palmer's Doppleganger? Man o man his deep ball is beautiful. He's tearing up a damn good defense out there. I thought he was supposed to be just another Chicago QB? Kripes.

792272[/snapback]

All we need him to do is start throwing with his eyes open and we'll be OK...

I was at the preseason game in Chicago where they lost against the Cards and watched the fans turn on him and Boo him off the field. They were cheering Griese as their new saviour, now Grossman is back to being the man in Chicago? Things seem to change rather quickly

794106[/snapback]

Sort of like a Griese_Arm for the Chicago Bears :P

A grapefruit-sized asterisk:

They allowed 29 in their home playoff game against Carolina.

794187[/snapback]

By exploiting thier secondary with deep passes. It can be done.

The number one thing we need to do to have any chance of winning:

Minimize the mistakes: Penalties, errors, and turnovers...

By exploiting thier secondary with deep passes. It can be done.

The number one thing we need to do to have any chance of winning:

Minimize the mistakes: Penalties, errors, and turnovers...

794412[/snapback]

and "run the ball and stop the other team from running the ball." - John Madden

[*]Seahawks - hosting the unbeaten (3-0) defending NFC Champs, we didn't just win, we totally dominated them.  Shaun Alexander would not have made up the 31 point differential.  Remember the 'Hawks scored 42 points against the Giants one week before playing us without Shaun Alexander

794182[/snapback]

Can't disagree with much of what you wrote, except this. Say what you want...if Shaun Alexander was in the game this week, there is no way on this earth that your defense spends the entire game teeing up on Hasselbeck. No way. Ever. Not happening. Not in this universe or any other.

Yes, you guys are very good, and if we were 4-0, I'd be a bit delusional, as well. But seriously...recognize what happened there, okay?