Hate to rain on peoples parade here

Tcali

..but the Bills came within an eyelash of blowing a game they controlled again because of ZERO killer instinct / the inability to do anything offensively in the second half of the game,and the general lack of pass pressure/rush when it really counts. Johnson had all day to throw even when we knew he had to throw.

JP played  well--but he hasnt shown the ability tp put anyone away yet.

792271[/snapback]

Rain on our parade? Hardly. Remember we won. It does not have to be pretty or have great stats. A win is a win. Stats for the most part are for losers, as cliche as that is.

You ruined nobody's day with your "assessment".

Nice try though.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't the offense that let the vikes drive down and score. Wasn't the offense that let robinson run wide open and drop the winning TD...

By the way -- what has happened to Moorman? He hasn't been his dominant self since the Miami game. He hit some shankers again yesterday.

Let us keep in mind that a lot of folks were picking us to have the number 1 overall pick in the next draft.....

If this team can find a way to finish 9-7....I would consider that a major accomplishment.....

And look out next year

793438[/snapback]

Yep, just further emphasizes the point that last season JP should have been learning the position like he is now. Neither Mularkey or Donahoe had sense enough to see that. Actually, I don't think MM and his position coaches could have taught JP anything useful about QBing if they had had another 5 seasons. I think that they were that poor, Sam included.

Yep, just further emphasizes the point that last season JP should have been learning the position like he is now. Neither Mularkey or Donahoe had sense enough to see that.  Actually, I don't think MM and his position coaches could have taught JP anything useful about QBing if they had had another 5 seasons.  I think that they were that poor, Sam included.

I agree that the coaches would have taught his squat. However the experience would have been valuable.

don't confuse the bills with being a good team - they aren't. they're surpringly (in a good way) ok, and improving. they're not in the business of putting people away yet, so expect a team that always loses its nails when it comes within spitting distance of a coffin.

792273[/snapback]

That will probably be the case for most of the year and hopefully they still die anyway as time expires but there will be a (some) L's because we tried to use staples instead of the nails. No doubt.

They key is if we stay in most of the games and don't kill ourselves we can win a good bunch of them. Hey, we are going to have one were we think we are going to the Super Bowl (Det, Hou, Tenn, Mia, or GB) but will have ones that will have us calling for Dick J's head (Chic, NE, SD, Jax, Balt, Indy or maybe the NYJ's).

Let us keep in mind that a lot of folks were picking us to have the number 1 overall pick in the next draft.....

If this team can find a way to finish 9-7....I would consider that a major accomplishment.....

And look out next year

793438[/snapback]

I would consider 8-8 a major accomplishment and 7-9 even a pretty decent season. 6-10 could be considered average but at this point 4-8 for the last 12 would be very disappointing given we have 5 more games against lesser (at this writing) teams in Det, Hou, GB, Mia, Tenn. That said, any of them will beat us if we turn the ball over give them a big lead were they can grind out running plays.

Yep, just further emphasizes the point that last season JP should have been learning the position like he is now. Neither Mularkey or Donahoe had sense enough to see that.  Actually, I don't think MM and his position coaches could have taught JP anything useful about QBing if they had had another 5 seasons.  I think that they were that poor, Sam included.

793445[/snapback]

The interesting thing to me about MM (and I have a fairly unbiased view about him and most NFL personalities in that I think those who are heralded as great are usually not that great and those usually heralded as complete losers usually have some aspects of their game they do well) is that I think that under his guidance as OC and HC, he has a proven track record of rehabiliting QBs who had stunk up the joint previously.

I think the facts are whether folks want to lay the reason as coincidence that Kordell, Maddox and Bledsoe all experienced far greater success under him than they had in recent runs.

One event may be something that just happened.

The second time may be simply a coincidence.

However, when it happens a third time, one should consider seriously whether there iis a trend here. Folks who simply dub him Meathead simply do not want to consider reality and actually some have gone so far as to invest in unreality that his time in Pittsburgh saw no offensive success.

The interesting question to me is whether there is something about his gameplanning and style which lends itself to good work with failed vets, but is simply unproductive in developing young talent. If true this might explain why the team was such a dismal failure with him attempting to run the O with Clements as the OC.

When he went to Miami, the situation seemed to make sense asCulpepper demographically fit the type of QB whome he has had success in rehabbing. However, the Miami team looks so troubled and the O is so bad that the best thing you can say about MM in this case is that maybe Culpepper is simply the exception that proves the rule he works well with older QBs, because no doubt about his work this year simply stinks.

It wasn't the offense that let the vikes drive down and score.  Wasn't the offense that let robinson run wide open and drop the winning TD...

793436[/snapback]

Hey, that guy didn't catch that pass and even if he did there's no guarantee the Yikes would have scored a TD anyway. The defense got 2 picks and held the opposing team to 12 measley points. If you offense can't cover that, they suck pure and simple.

I'm excstatic about the win. But our offense has got to start having more than one good drive out of 4. Too many three and outs. We need more points if we're gonna win some of the games coming up. Our defense is fine. The D has given up only 49 points in 4 games and scored 7. Asking for more from the D is like asking the Juice for 2100 yards in one 14 game season.

Our offense will get better.

In response to another post, if we do less than 8-8, the season is failure. We won 5 last year, we should be able to do at least 3 better than that.

We're only one game back with 12 to play ...

Go Bills

I just want to see improvement from the team.  And hopefully next year the get the O-line they need.

792283[/snapback]

Man, if they had a great O line, the Bills would be scary. Their middle of the road and the Vikes were'nt that great. That game was very boring cept for the PRICE TD and JPs moves.

..but the Bills came within an eyelash of blowing a game they controlled again because of ZERO killer instinct / the inability to do anything offensively in the second half of the game,and the general lack of pass pressure/rush when it really counts. Johnson had all day to throw even when we knew he had to throw.

JP played  well--but he hasnt shown the ability tp put anyone away yet.

792271[/snapback]

your childhood must have been sad

Yeah, and the Giants were one eyelash away from blowing Super Bowl XXV.  Somehow I don't think they care....

WHO CARES?  The team is 2-2 playing five rookies on defense and relying offensively on young players like Losman, Parrish, McGahee, and Evans.  And even when they lost, they had their chance to win those games.  How can anyone not be happy with the Bills right now?

793018[/snapback]

Jason Peters! Crowell is newer too and another solid contributer. There is some serious talent on this team