Is Jp finally considered to be a solid big league

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if Losman is the 5th best QB, or the 15th best, or the 25th best. Of the four games they've played this year, I'd take Brady over Losman, and that's it. I'd MUCH rather have JP than Culpepper, Pennington, or Johnson. With CP and BJ in particular, I don't know how you can get excited about that b.s. offense they run. I tried supporting the 4-yard dumpoff last year with Holcomb and it was atrocious to watch. It's smart when it's the QB's release option, but it sucks when it's the entire offense.

For the most part this year, Losman has been on. And when he's on, with his cannon, it is great to watch.

I say yes.  He's better than most people give him credit for.

792043[/snapback]

Solid big league <_< Not even solid average, after only four games.

Reason to be excited and optimistic? Yes. But the dust-bin of the league is full of qb's who played well the first four games of a season, only to melt down later. And we are only 2-2 after all.

As other posters have alluded to, its impossible to rank JP in the "middle of the pack". QBs in the nfl these days tend to be great (brady, manning) or complete crap (whoever's the QB of oakland, culpepper) with no inbetween... Can you rank JP above the frye guy from cleveland, or brunell, or drew brees? I don't know, and quite frankly, i don't really care! I'll take the JP we have now over the JP we had after 4 last year htough. He's shown great improvement and maturity this year. IF he continues his current progression, he'll be big league at the end of the season, but because of where he came from, he's not there yet. You've gotta go one step at a time before you reach the top. Losman continues to be solid and continues to make great throws. if he receives the support of his coaches (gameplanning) or his teammates (josh reed actually catching the friggin ball/peerless pretending his walter payton in the backfield), he'll be a pro bowler by the end of the year... Partly because of his development and play and partially because chaz batch, charlie frye, etc. are in his conference.

I say no.  But he's better than most people give him credit for.

792043[/snapback]

The QB situation in the league as a whole is just awful right now. top 15 means nothing. There are about 2 great QBs,6 good ones...and the rest are average(JP) to mediocre to horrible.

I say no.  But he's better than most people give him credit for.

792043[/snapback]

So far, most of his stats are in the lower half or lower third of the league.

But then, that includes sacks, interceptions, and fumbles. So while he's not having spectacular days chucking the ball, he is protecting the ball better than half the league. And I can live with that; it works for Roethlesberger and the Steelers.

Take it for what it's worth.......

Jim Miller on sirius NFL driving home tonight " I've been very impressed with Losman and his steady improvement , if he continues to control the turnovers and play mistake free football the Bills are going to win alot of games because Dick J. is going to have his team ready to play each and every week"