Has anyone heard Smerlas on WGR

seq004

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fred is the biggest Tom Brady sucking Pats are the greatest homer that ever lived. He can't even form words because his lips are so tight on Brady's butt. He has no logic what so ever. I don't even want to listen to the guy again. <_<Fred has lost it.

789984[/snapback]

Wow. That's good stuff. Smerlas is a total idiot, and get's his ass handed to him. According to Fred, eleven games is more than enough time to judge Losman, yet in the same breath commends SD for taking 27 starts to evaluate Drew Brees, and still considers NE to be the best team in football. Why is he even allowed on the radio in WNY?

I think Smerlas is a two-faced jerk, but he was actually complimentary towards JP at the beginning of the interview. Where he lost it is refusing to acknowledge that JP was set-back in his development by the broken leg and a horrible coaching staff. Now maybe if he were healthy and had say, Charlie Weis coaching him, it would be a different story.

And in a similar vein, he's using the Tom Brady angle, i.e. a QB who "won" the SB in his 2nd year. However unlike with JP, the Bills' defense is nowhere NEAR the Pats' defense from that or any of the other SB years. If they did, the team would be 3-0 right now.

And in a similar vein, he's using the Tom Brady angle, i.e. a QB who "won" the SB in his 2nd year.  However unlike with JP, the Bills' defense is nowhere NEAR the Pats' defense from that or any of the other SB years.  If they did, the team would be 3-0 right now.

790088[/snapback]

Yeah, and the Bills aren't handed games on a consistent basis by the refs. New England doesn't even earn half of their victories. The league loves them.

Smerlas is also a TD fan (before he was fired, Smerlas seemed almost certain that he would be the Bills new radio color analyst, and his best friend Jim Haslett would be the next Bills headcoach)....as well as a noted Marv Levy basher...to use his own language, Smerlas is "lower dan a earf-worm"...to, me, all the veritol (and none of it really based on any sort of fact) had spewed about the Bills and Ralph Wilson over the years, makes it all the more shocking he was put on the Bills wall of fame...yet Ralph won't let go of a 30-something year-old grudge against Lou Saban?

Yeah, and the Bills aren't handed games on a consistent basis by the refs.  New England doesn't even earn half of their victories.  The league loves them.

790090[/snapback]

He keeps forgetting that the Pats don't even go to the superbowl without the tuck rule....they would be staying back home.

Have I mentioned recently how much I despise Fred Smerlas?

His argument was Holcomb's Arm-esque. He made as much sense as JDG in K-Dog's Losman/Pennington thread. He is not only a flaming asswipe, he's about as sharp as a bowling ball.

Nuff said.

After hearing that interview I wouldn't mind seeing Fred removed from the Wall.

Can someone at least throw a sheet over his name this week?

He's so hard to understand.

Was he always this stupid?

790112[/snapback]

Remember, he played nosetackle. Too many shots to the helmet... <_<

They're making fun of Buffalo and Howard Simon on the Boston station right now.  Smerlas is a class act.  They just called Howard Simon a whiney B word.

790302[/snapback]

Whiney.... Maybe

B word........ No.

<_<

Smerlas is perfect for Simon and Whitey in Diapers. All three are terrible at what they do. When you think GR cant get any worse.........it does. The only thing that would have made that segment more miserable would have been that tool Brad Riter.