11 STARTS....

JLANG

It's funny how so many try to bring other QB's into this. There are many more 1st round QB's that bust then there are 1st rounders that hit. And how long did it take for the dozens of first rounders to become busts. 11 games? 20 games?

You can't keep holding on to a QB because some other QB panned out after a number of games. It's like saying since Terrell Davis was a sixth round pick we should only draft  RB's in the sixth round.

Facts are facts. Losman is getting his chance this year and what has he done.

Game 1 - took the safety that lost the game.

Game 2 - 83 yards passing against a bad Miami team.

Game 3 - The final four plays say it all. Game on the line and he wet himself.

There is a fine line between faith and kidding yourself :D

790671[/snapback]

You're right. Everything that's gone wrong the past two years is all Losman's fault. This team is a Trent Dilfer away from Super Bowl greatness. I have seen the light and worship your genius.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats!

24,361 posts without anything interesting to say. The streak continues.  :D

Yours is my favorite streak in all of sports. That many posts with nothing relevant to say amazes me. How do you do it? Is there a special diet or training regimen you do? Did you have to quit your job to train? Do you have sponsors to pay for the training? :o

790523[/snapback]

Perhaps one more smiley would actually hide your imbeciliousness (probably not a word, but it works).

I'm glad my lack of time spent talking football on this board hasn't alluded you. That shows there is actually something under that powder coated plastic you're sporting. Good show.

Perhaps one more smiley would actually hide your imbeciliousness (probably not a word, but it works).

I'm glad my lack of time spent talking football on this board hasn't alluded you.  That shows there is actually something under that powder coated plastic you're sporting.  Good show.

790681[/snapback]

24,363 and counting. Wow! :o To watch a legend at work. My only hope is that your post #25,000 of meaningless diatribe is in response to me :D

You're right.  Everything that's gone wrong the past two years is all Losman's fault.  This team is a Trent Dilfer away from Super Bowl greatness.  I have seen the light and worship your genius.

790675[/snapback]

That post looks nice. But, it has nothing to do with anything I posted.

The record of the Bills and the growth of JP Losman are two different issues.

Keep trying. :D

24,363 and counting. Wow! :o  To watch a legend at work. My only hope is that your post #25,000 of meaningless diatribe is in response to me :D

790683[/snapback]

Tell us again how our GM is an idiot for keeping Tom Modrak and actually letting him do his job. You know, because that kind af ANALysis is truly noteworthy.

You won't be around long enough to see 25K.

Tell us again how our GM is an idiot for keeping Tom Modrak and actually letting him do his job.  You know, because that kind af ANALysis is truly noteworthy.

You won't be around long enough to see 25K.

790686[/snapback]

Like he had a choice? I think you've been spending too much time on the pipeline to think that Marv had any input on Tom Modrak being with the Bills.

And that "ANALysis". That's so original and funny. I don't know what to say. I'm honored.

Don't worry. I'll be there for #25,000. You just keep typing and saying nothing :D

:huh: Did you ever know that your my hero :huh: Your everything I wish I could be :o I can fly higher than an eagle 0:) You are the winds beneath my wings 0:)

That was for you big guy :o

They had the 8th pick in the draft and plenty of cap room. If this team had a GM they may have been able to turn that into a QB.

From everything I've read, Cutler looks like the real deal in Denver. Whitner looks good. But I'll take a good QB over a good DB any and every day.  :D

790522[/snapback]

wow dude. how can you say we dont have a gm? Marv is the best thing to happen to this football team since kelly left, he drafted 5 impact players on defense in his first draft. and that reach was named rookie of the month. and how can anyone say cutler is the real deal, he hasnt started a game, i play quaterback, im a back up, i look great in practice too. hell i could win states if every game was a practice. And if you draft a qb, what do you do with losman? cut him trade him for a 6th rounder? why so you can take a chance on someone who looked great in practice and preseason. BTW if lyou may rember losman went 5 -5 in his first preseason game then he got hurt. he looked like the real deal then didnt he?

O and roethlisberger has been great this year. hes won a wwhole bunch of games on his own right? o and manning um he llooked like a pro bowler last week vs seattle. rivers beat oakland....who hasnt. dont write him off yet. wait and see what he can do

DeLuca1967

I can't beleive I read this whole thread. I like what JP is doing, he's more patient in the pocket, not in a big hurry to take off with the ball. Basically a large improvement over last year. Still some work to do, needs to be more aware of his blind side, gets a little excited on the short passes, but is learning to manage games better. Comparisons to Jim Kelly is futile.

Seems to me that you are trying to catch up with AD in just one thread. It takes years pal. This forum started a few years less than a decade ago. JP is the quarterback for now. Patience is what is needed. Give the JP bashing a rest. :D

hey. i appreciate that you are willing to be honest and blunt about JP when you know you will get nailed for it. i don't agree with you but i respect what you have to say. however, i don't feel like its fair to judge JP based on the saftey in the endzone or the last drive against the jets. if you watch the reply of the saftey, once again the bills line let the defense come in untouched and losman was able to dodge the first guy who got to him but not the 2nd. i think that 75% of nfl qb's would have gone down with the first man. also, jp never got out outside of the pocket. he never had a chance. his choices were to either take teh saftey or throw the ball away which would have been a saftey too. i am just glad he didn't force the ball into coverage and give up 6 easy points. and as for final drive against the jets, i don't know how many qb's would do well with the wind blowing around the way that it was and with the rain comming down in sheets. just my two cents though. i'm just glad the coaching staff has not given up on him yet. if his to's drop and if the blocking gets better, the bills will be fine.......

DeLuca1967

I like what JP is doing, he's more patient in the pocket, not in a big hurry to take off with the ball. Basically a large improvement over last year. Still some work to do, needs to be more aware of his blind side, gets a little excited on the short passes, but is learning to manage games better.

790792[/snapback]

How about cutting down the number of game killing turnovers? So far this season he has 4 - safety plus a pic and 2 fumbles. Game winning stuff hes done so far? Here's the boards current favorite sexy word...he has *managed* the MIA game. Ugh. kill me. This board is so saturated with this word its disgusting. I hope I can *manage* watching JP create turnovers at the worst possible times this season. I want him to prove me wrong, but still hasnt *managed* to do that. Lets see something good out him this sunday. Please

How about cutting down the number of game killing turnovers?  So far this season he has 4 - safety plus a pic and 2 fumbles.  Game winning stuff hes done so far?  Here's the boards current favorite sexy word...he has *managed* the MIA game.  Ugh.  kill me.  This board is so saturated with this word its disgusting.  I hope I can *manage* watching JP create turnovers at the worst possible times this season.  I want him to prove me wrong, but still hasnt *managed* to do that.  Lets see something good out him this sunday. Please

790835[/snapback]

I hope you are a nothing more than a troll.

How about cutting down the number of game killing turnovers?  So far this season he has 4 - safety plus a pic and 2 fumbles.  Game winning stuff hes done so far?  Here's the boards current favorite sexy word...he has *managed* the MIA game.  Ugh.  kill me.  This board is so saturated with this word its disgusting.   I hope I can *manage* watching JP create turnovers at the worst possible times this season.  I want him to prove me wrong, but still hasnt *managed* to do that.  Lets see something good out him this sunday. Please

790835[/snapback]

So you don't see any improvement over last year? Like I said he needs to watch his blind side better (the TO that led to the TD). We'll see if he improves. So what do you want to do? Holcomb? Nall? What is you're point? You're saying he's not "managing" games better than in the past? Replace him with Holcomb or Nall and the Bills will go to the Super Bowl? Absolutely! Get real, and let the guy play and make his mistakes. We can judge after the season (cause were going to win the SB this year of course). otay :D

as for final drive against the jets, i don't know how many qb's would do well with the wind blowing around the way that it was and with the rain comming down in sheets. 

You seem like a reasonable and intelligent guy, but I'm going to take issue with this part of your post. The problem with Losman's last drive is that there were two dump-offs to McGahee in the flat. Completing those passes keeps the clock moving without gaining any real yards. It would have been far better to have thrown the ball away, or to have run out of bounds. This was a case of poor decision making, not weather-induced failure.

You seem like a reasonable and intelligent guy, but I'm going to take issue with this part of your post.  The problem with Losman's last drive is that there were two dump-offs to McGahee in the flat.  Completing those passes keeps the clock moving without gaining any real yards.  It would have been far better to have thrown the ball away, or to have run out of bounds.  This was a case of poor decision making, not weather-induced failure.

790861[/snapback]

Agreed. He handled that drive as if he were Holcomb. Hopefully he learned from it and gets better.

The problem with Losman's last drive is that there were two dump-offs to McGahee in the flat.  Completing those passes keeps the clock moving without gaining any real yards.  It would have been far better to have thrown the ball away, or to have run out of bounds.  This was a case of poor decision making, not weather-induced failure.

790861[/snapback]

I think your post is a result of poor decision making. Ever seen the Pats and Brady run the 2 minute drill? They dump it off to the RB and pick up a quick 10-15 yds every 3rd or fourth play. Gotta move the chains. Willis could have run for 10 - 15yds and gotten out of bounds, stopping Le Clock.