11 STARTS....

JLANG

i know everyone wants to win now and become a firm playoff contender year in and year out but it takes time. the most important part of becoming a playoff team and being competitive is having a solid if not spectacular qb! it took kelly a couple of years, same with steve young and brett farve, drew brees the list goes on and on. i think if losman gradually improves as the season goes on then next year we will truly find out if he can be great. the learning curve for a qb at the professional level literally takes 3-4 years. it becomes prolonged behind a suspect o-line( b-lo o-line) :blink: just give this offense some time. i am almost positive that losman mcgahee evans parrish and peters are under 25. it took levy and polian 3-4 years to build the superbowl teams. with this front office it will happen just be realistic and not so judgemental of such a talented kid in his learning stage!

go bills!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know everyone wants to win now and become a firm playoff contender year in and year out but it takes time.  the most important part of becoming a playoff team and being competitive is having a solid if not spectacular qb!  it took kelly a couple of years, same with steve young and brett farve, drew brees the list goes on and on.  i think if losman gradually improves as the season goes on then next year we will truly find out if he can be great.  the learning curve for a qb at the professional level literally takes 3-4 years.  it becomes prolonged behind a suspect o-line( b-lo o-line) :blink:  just give this offense some time.  i am almost positive that losman mcgahee evans parrish and peters are under 25.  it took levy and polian 3-4 years to build the superbowl teams.  with this front office it will happen just be realistic and not so judgemental of such a talented kid in his learning stage!

go bills!

789266[/snapback]

Besides, if we dump him, what's the back-up plan? Nall? Gimme a break

i know everyone wants to win now and become a firm playoff contender year in and year out but it takes time.  the most important part of becoming a playoff team and being competitive is having a solid if not spectacular qb!  it took kelly a couple of years, same with steve young and brett farve, drew brees the list goes on and on.  i think if losman gradually improves as the season goes on then next year we will truly find out if he can be great.  the learning curve for a qb at the professional level literally takes 3-4 years.  it becomes prolonged behind a suspect o-line( b-lo o-line) :blink:  just give this offense some time.  i am almost positive that losman mcgahee evans parrish and peters are under 25.  it took levy and polian 3-4 years to build the superbowl teams.  with this front office it will happen just be realistic and not so judgemental of such a talented kid in his learning stage!

go bills!

789266[/snapback]

I appreciate your sentiment, but I haven't seen too many people calling for Losman to be benched, at this point, have you?

...it took kelly a couple of years, same with steve young and brett farve, drew brees the list goes on and on.  i think if losman gradually improves as the season goes on then next year we will truly find out if he can be great....

Brett Favre made the ProBowl in his first season as a starter, but don't let facts slow you down, it sounds good!

no not in a dramatic sense except for last year with the ridiculous holcomb should be starting bs. i also would like to add that if losman has a tuff game its ok. he will have 2-3 this year. the guy is still learning and i dont want to hear how he should be benched or maybe we made a mistake, especially with so many young players aroung him!

i guarantee people will be saying very negative things about jp once he has a tuff day.

facts suck

789291[/snapback]

Who cares about Favre, or past players? And really QBs like Favre, Young, etc. come along every now and then. And really to bring up Jim Kelly... saying he won his first 11 games. Again, who cares? He didn't win a super bowl right?

No matter, Losman is improving each and every week. If it wasn't for dumass turnovers last week we would have won that game. And really Losman put them in great shape (minus the playcalling after the onside kick) for a comeback. So if we are to talk and pay attention to facts, then let's look again at Losman's improvement. Facts don't lie right?

:blink:

Brett Favre made the ProBowl in his first season as a starter, but don't let facts slow you down, it sounds good!

789278[/snapback]

There are success stories on both sides of this argument, so it's not a case of one person being completely right and the other completely wrong.

Sorry to spoil the fun.

To defend the few out there who are calling for the benching of Losman (if anyone is):

Arguments for patience would be much better received if we had made the playoffs this decade and were not starting anew for at least the third time.

789504[/snapback]

Exactly. We tried free agent rejects, trades for big name rejects, trades for no name rejects, second round rejects, CFL rejects, street free agent rejects, NFLE rejects, and even one of our own rejects in AVP. It's about time we try our own number one pick that we actually drafted. Although, of course, the guy who picked him we rejected.

I'm not J.P. bashing ....... so don't everyone jump up to give me a load of crapola .... I'm just wondering at what point is it politically correct for a team (and it's fans) to give up on a QB prospect??????

As pointed out, J. P. has only 11 starts ....... but ...... his record is something like 2-9 (if I remember correctly). In these 11 starts he has sometimes shown signs of a quality QB, but most times has looked pretty horrible. Even (as last week) when he puts up good statisical numbers they are not indicitive of his overall performance (sometimes his "numbers" aren't so good, but he had performed well).

I guess the nexus of my question lies with the Bucks ....... a good number of QBs were not "good enough" to play on that team when it was stinking out the NFL ...... however a good number of them went to other teams to varying levels of sucess ... Steve Young ..... Brad Johnson .... come immediatly to mind.

So your thoughts please ......... when does J. P. "go on the clock" where a self respecting fan can boo a bad outing without hearing the excuse "he has only (fill in the blank) starts".

I'm not J.P. bashing ....... so don't everyone jump up to give me a load of crapola .... I'm just wondering at what point is it politically correct for a team (and it's fans) to give up on a QB prospect??????

As pointed out, J. P. has only 11 starts ....... but ...... his record is something like 2-9 (if I remember correctly). In these 11 starts he has sometimes shown signs of a quality QB, but most times has looked pretty horrible. Even (as last week) when he puts up good statisical numbers they are not indicitive of his overall performance (sometimes his "numbers" aren't so good, but he had performed well).

I guess the nexus of my question lies with the Bucks ....... a good number of QBs were not "good enough" to play on that team when it was stinking out the NFL ...... however a good number of them went to other teams to varying levels of sucess ... Steve Young ..... Brad Johnson .... come immediatly to mind.

So your thoughts please ......... when does J. P. "go on the clock" where a self respecting fan can boo a bad outing without hearing the excuse "he has only (fill in the blank) starts".

789525[/snapback]

JP has showed progress.

IMO, he plays until Dick, Marv and company tell him not to.

I'm sick of hearing about his record.

One more time for the thick headed, Jim Kelly was 4-12 in his first 16 games.

I think Alaska Darin eluded to it, thank god we kept him.

Also, thank god TBD wasn't around then, or some of us would have been arguing with JDG and Reichs Arm.