What do you think is the greatest game show of

For me it has to be The Price is Right because that was the main game show I grew up to like. Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune are in the mix, but that it. I wasn't born yet to enjoy the Match Game or Card Sharks or Super Password or Blockbusters. ;) But I can still enjoy them by watching these shows on GSN.

Did you ever see the True Hollywood Story (or something like that) on the guy who cracked the PYL board?

788112[/snapback]

Press Your Luck was awesome! "No whammy, no whammy, STOP!"

Here's the guy you were talking about. I just read about it a year or two ago (didn't see it on TV). Very interesting.

http://gscentral.net/larsen.htm

CW

Did you ever see the True Hollywood Story (or something like that) on the guy who cracked the PYL board?

788112[/snapback]

Sure did. It was actually a feature on the Game Show Network. I even taped it to show my wife.

I remember seeing it in 1985, when the shows first aired. Michael Larson admitted on the air that he had figured out the pattern on the board.

He would up losing all the money and died broke in the late 90s. At the time of his death, he was working in a Wal-Mart in southern Ohio as an assistant manager.

I'm not sure what the best game show of all-time is...but I have a game show from the 80's that was underrated and I never, ever see it on re-runs:  Sale Of The Century

788102[/snapback]

Sale Of The Century, aka "Jeopardy For Retards"

Host:  This structure in San Fransisco is famous all over the world.  It's the Golden Gate.........

Retard Contestant:  [hits the buzzer] Bridge?

Host:  That's right!

"Will it float?"

788234[/snapback]

:D:w00t:

The greatest game show of all time was "21". The TV execs and their sponsors had figured out the business model decades before the public understood what was happening. Get 'em on the hook and keep 'em there. These guys were running scripted 'reality television' 50 years before someone coined the term. You gotta respect the pioneers.