Thank You Bills Fan

Buckeye Eric

I have seen many unselfish acts by Bills fans over the past 40 years of attending Bills games. This past Sunday one Bills fan went out of their way to show great respect to a fellow Bills fan.

After moving to Central Ohio in the early 90's I was able to get a personalized license plate to celebrate my favorite team in the heart of Browns, Bengals, and Steelers country. It was great to get a big thumbs up from fellow fans.

Well, that is until Sunday when that warmness of a fellow Bills fan was felt.

Upon returning to my car after the game I noticed that my license plate holder was lying on the ground. Glancing up at my rear bumper I saw,well, ....nothing. Someone had liberated my plate from the confines of its holder. What made me feel especially warm was that those in adjoining tailgates somehow were awaiting my reaction.

What this thoughtful fan probably kept in mind was that in Ohio the registration sticker is affixed to the rear plate. Driving without this plate would be well, technically illegal. Explaning to a State trooper that my plate was liberated by a fellow fan would put shed a positive light on all Bills fans.

I am sure that Bills fan also knew and kept in mind that in Ohio plates that are stolen can not be reissued.

So, thank you Bills Fan. I hope you enjoy that plate as it hangs in you garage or basement. I hope you tell you grandchilden the entire story of how you made great sacrifices to obtain it. You are an inspiration to us all.

I understand that it is a small faction of Bills fans that as so willing to show such respect, and support those involved in such thoughtful activities. To all of them... I hope karma jumps up and bites you in the nut sack.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now see that sucks.

But on the other side. A couple years ago I went to B'more for a game stayed at a hotel overnight. I too have custom plates showing my pride in the Bills. Well when I came out in the morning I had a Bills flag drapped over my windshield. I guess someone was proud to share it with me.

I was on my way to a game last year, when I stopped at the store on the way to the game. I left my tickets in the center consoul and sure enough, when I got back out someone had broken into my car...and left me 2 more tickets.

Thank you, I'll be here all night. Try the veal...

I never, never, put anything on my cars or trucks telling people my political leanings or my sports team affiliations. You're just looking for trouble. I also don't put up any political banners or anything like that in my yard. High school sports too. Again, You're just looking for trouble anymore, its a shame.....

I'm sorry to hear of your theft.

There's to many idiots out there anymore. Tis a shame, really... :D

I never, never, put anything on my cars or trucks telling people my political leanings or my sports team affiliations. You're just looking for trouble. I also don't put up any political banners or anything like that in my yard. High school sports too. Again, You're just looking for trouble anymore, its a shame.....

786451[/snapback]

too :)

786451[/snapback]

Yeah. Like someone would steal your KERRY IN 04! bumper sticker. :)

786451[/snapback]

Some idiot kid threw a trash can or something thru a window in the little guard shack thingy after the game. If I had been closer I would have tripped the little fugger. They didn't catch him. :)

Eric I too came here to Columbus a Bills fan but not a buckeye fan but that really sucks guy. Some people will never grow up. I'm really sorry to hear about that cause I know how important and expensive not having that sticker is. I hope it works itself out for you bro.

I have seen many unselfish acts by Bills fans over the past 40 years of attending Bills games. This past Sunday one Bills fan went out of their way to show great respect to a fellow Bills fan.

After moving to Central Ohio in the early 90's I was able to get a personalized license plate to celebrate my favorite team in the heart of Browns, Bengals, and Steelers country. It was great to get a big thumbs up from fellow fans.

Upon returning to my car after the game I noticed that my license plate holder was lying on the ground. Glancing up at my rear bumper I saw,well, ....nothing. Someone had liberated my plate from the confines of its holder. What made me feel especially warm was that those in adjoining tailgates somehow were awaiting my reaction.

What this thoughtful fan probably kept in mind was that in Ohio the registration sticker is affixed to the rear plate. Driving without this plate would be well, technically illegal. Explaning to a State trooper that my plate was liberated by a fellow fan would put shed a positive light on all Bills fans.

dude, i have a kidney for you if you ever, ever need it. i live in albany, i'll even drive to erie, pa to drop it off for you.

sorry you had the problem, that really does blow.

I am sure that Bills fan also knew and kept in mind that in Ohio plates that are stolen can not be reissued.     

So, thank you Bills Fan. I hope you enjoy that plate as it hangs in you garage or basement. I hope you tell you grandchilden the entire story of how you made great sacrifices to obtain it.  You are an inspiration to us all.

I understand that it is a small faction of Bills fans that as so willing to show such respect, and support those involved in such thoughtful activities.  To all of them... I hope karma jumps up and bites you in the nut sack.

786376[/snapback]

Sorry to hear that. I was at the game. There are always a few A@@holes out there that ruin things. Too bad the tailgaters near you didn't stop the culprit. I would have.