I just love

how the local media and many of the fans are running around with their hair on fire over this loss.

Here's how I see it:

ANYONE who thought the Bills were going to be anything other than 1-2 in their first three games before the season started was either nuts, drunk, or a blind homer. This team has many games to go and a lot of them are looking to be favorable matchups for this team.

Sun., Oct. 1 MINNESOTA VIKINGS

Sun., Oct. 8 at Chicago Bears CBS 1:00 PM

Sun., Oct. 15 at Detroit Lions CBS 1:00 PM

Sun., Oct. 22 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS CBS 1:00 PM

Sun., Oct. 29 BYE WEEK

Sun., Nov. 5 GREEN BAY PACKERS FOX 1:00 PM

Sun., Nov. 12 at Indianapolis Colts* CBS 1:00 PM

Sun., Nov. 19 at Houston Texans* CBS 1:00 PM

Sun., Nov. 26 JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS* CBS 1:00 PM

Sun., Dec. 3 SAN DIEGO CHARGERS* CBS 1:00 PM

Sun., Dec. 10 at New York Jets* CBS 1:00 PM

Sun., Dec. 17 MIAMI DOLPHINS* CBS 1:00 PM

Sun., Dec. 24 TENNESSEE TITANS CBS 1:00 PM

Sun., Dec. 31 at Baltimore Ravens*

All the games in bold are ones in which I think the Bills match up favorably from a talent perspective and SHOULD have a chance to win.

All this team needs to do is win at home. Say they manage to go 6-2 at home (which would require an upset over either Jax or SD), the'd only have to split their road games to finish 10-6.

Take a look at that schedule and tell me I'm wrong. GO BILLS!

Excellent comment Joe. The Bills are rebuilding and did some good things yesterday. Good running game, good defense, good to great special teams, O-line improving. I'd like a win and still am hoping for 3-4 or even 4-3 at the break, but I'm seeing a team that was predicted by all to be very bad improving and looking pretty ok and on its way to being pretty good.

Excellent comment Joe.  The Bills are rebuilding and did some good things yesterday.  Good running game, good defense, good to great special teams, O-line improving.  I'd like a win and still am hoping for 3-4 or even 4-3 at the break, but I'm seeing a team that was predicted by all to be very bad improving and looking pretty ok and on its way to being pretty good.

785708[/snapback]

If they're 4-3 at the bye, then bully for them. 3-4 at the bye would be good, too.

I like to take the season in quarters. If you go 3-1 in two quarters and 2-2 in the others, you should be in the playoffs.

NE did the Bills a favor last night by dropping that game.

If the Bills were 1-2 and looking up at a 3-0 Pats team, things would seem bleaker.

This team has come a long ways since last December. They have a ways to go yet, but they will turn some more heads this year with their final record I think.

Good post Joe.

Excellent comment Joe.  The Bills are rebuilding and did some good things yesterday.  Good running game, good defense, good to great special teams, O-line improving.  I'd like a win and still am hoping for 3-4 or even 4-3 at the break, but I'm seeing a team that was predicted by all to be very bad improving and looking pretty ok and on its way to being pretty good.

785708[/snapback]

Amen....I think the resason this board and the other media guys are fuming over the loss is because they think the Jets are a really bad team and we lost to a bad team......Losing to a bad team hurts....

Unfortunately the jets have a capable veteran QB on their side and with their OL rebuilt they are surprising many people.....Agreed they can't stop the run, but we couldn't stop Chad Pennington in the 4th qtr when we wanted to. The game was truly won by Pennington....The bills came out with a plan and executed perfectly but got stuck in neutral in Redzone.

how the local media and many of the fans are running around with their hair on fire over this loss.

Here's how I see it:

ANYONE who thought the Bills were going to be anything other than 1-2 in their first three games before the season started was either nuts, drunk, or a blind homer. This team has many games to go and a lot of them are looking to be favorable matchups for this team.

Sun., Oct. 1  MINNESOTA VIKINGS 

Sun., Oct. 8  at Chicago Bears  CBS  1:00 PM

Sun., Oct. 15  at Detroit Lions  CBS  1:00 PM

Sun., Oct. 22  NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS  CBS  1:00 PM

Sun., Oct. 29  BYE WEEK 

Sun., Nov. 5  GREEN BAY PACKERS  FOX  1:00 PM

Sun., Nov. 12  at Indianapolis Colts*  CBS  1:00 PM

Sun., Nov. 19  at Houston Texans*  CBS  1:00 PM

Sun., Nov. 26  JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS*  CBS  1:00 PM

Sun., Dec. 3  SAN DIEGO CHARGERS*  CBS  1:00 PM

Sun., Dec. 10  at New York Jets*  CBS  1:00 PM

Sun., Dec. 17  MIAMI DOLPHINS*  CBS  1:00 PM

Sun., Dec. 24  TENNESSEE TITANS  CBS  1:00 PM

Sun., Dec. 31  at Baltimore Ravens*

All the games in bold are ones in which I think the Bills match up favorably from a talent perspective and SHOULD have a chance to win.

All this team needs to do is win at home. Say they manage to go 6-2 at home (which would require an upset over either Jax or SD), the'd only have to split their road games to finish 10-6.

785696[/snapback]

You're wrong.

But in 24 hours you'll change your mind, I'm sure... :blush:

Here's how I see it:

Sun., Oct. 29  BYE WEEK 

785696[/snapback]

Nice post Joe. The Bills always lose one they should have won, and they will win one they should have lost. I say its San Diego. Lets see how this rivers kid plays in the snow....

I am still happy with the way this team is playing. There are going to be growing pains. Mistakes will happen.

Even JP's play doesn't bother me. He played well and I dont think the fumbles were his fault.

did you see the former league and Super Bowl MVP fumble a friggin snap at the 17 yard line for the Cardinals? All he had to do was take a knee and kick the winning FG. Kurt Warner yesterday had 3 picks and a fumble. Gives him 9 (yes I said 9) fumbles on the year. He knows better. JP is a kid who is still learning the damn game. Some people need to lay off the kid a little and let him play...

Joe....I appreciate your enthusiasm, but the Bills do not match up favorably against the Vikings, or sad to say, the patsies.

This is NOT to say we can't beat these teams. I will be there for the patsie game and our record at RWS is a great one, but match up favorably? I think not.

I WILL say that imo, we match up better vs. the patsies than the vikes, who are a very well balanced team.

Like I said last night, a four-way tie for first place at the quarter pole would not shock me. That would require a Jets loss to Indy, a Pats loss at Cincy and a Miami win at Houston (all probable), and a win by us over Minnesota.

Minnesota is a better team than we are, but we are home. It will be interesting to see how we bounce back and how the defense plays with (hopefully) Takeo in the lineup.

I have a feeling the Ravens are going to be a very tough game -- especially if they are fighting for a playoff position.  It is going to be a very good test for this team.

786341[/snapback]

Agreed.

I would change the Vikings, Pats, and Ravens games to losses, and there you have it: 7-9. Not too shabby for a rebuilding year.

Next season: First playoff berth since '99, first division title since '95, first playoff victory since '95???

2008 season: first AFC championship since '93, first Super Bowl victory???!!!

Agreed.

I would change the Vikings, Pats, and Ravens games to losses, and there you have it: 7-9. Not too shabby for a rebuilding year.

Next season: First playoff berth since '99, first division title since '95, first playoff victory since '95???

2008 season: first AFC championship since '93, first Super Bowl victory???!!!

786403[/snapback]

Again, What exactly have those three teams shown that lead you to believe they're losses for the Bills?

The Bills nearly beat the toilets in their house on opening day. Balto shut out a HORRIBLE TB team and nearly lost to the Browns of all teams. And the Vikes? Without an absolutely bone-headed ST play by the Panthers, they'd be 1-2.

You folks need to get a grip.

Here's how I see it:

Sun., Oct. 29  BYE WEEK 

785696[/snapback]

You are not considering the "inexperience" factor. This team will probably lose to half the teams we consider ourselves equal or better in talent due to stupidity. They will win about two or three more games against superior teams just by the fact we will catch them on their "bad" week and we have enough talent to squeak by. Accept it, this is the trials and tribulations of a young team coming together. The jet game will be the best example of this team in '06 (Although we will show progression in the second half).

7-9 or 8-8 at best.

Again, What exactly have those three teams shown that lead you to believe they're losses for the Bills?

The Bills nearly beat the toilets in their house on opening day. Balto shut out a HORRIBLE TB team and nearly lost to the Browns of all teams. And the Vikes? Without an absolutely bone-headed ST play by the Panthers, they'd be 1-2.

You folks need to get a grip.

786998[/snapback]

1. The Vikings are a solid team. Solid defense (with several ex-Bills, too) and a conservative but efficient offense led by BJ (just like the Jets' offense).

2. The Patriots are also a solid team, which is the understatement of the 21st century. Their demise has been predicted after every loss since 2003, and they always come back to prove their doubters wrong. When's the last time they lost 2 consecutive games? Exactly. Plus, BB simply OWNS us. I'll believe the Pats dynasty is over when I see them stop making the playoffs.

3. The Ravens have definitely had a Mickey Mouse schedule to date, but their defense is just too dominating to make that a valid excuse. But they've always had a great defense...just now they replaced their biggest problem - Boller - with McNair.

4. Most important point: the Bills are very young and prone to stupid mistakes (as already mentioned in this thread). Not even the Lions game should be "automatic." The Bills have enough talent to beat ANYONE on their schedule. The Colts, for example - check out their run D. There are ways we could exploit that and squeeze out a victory. However, probably won't happen because of the youth/inexperience thing.

Last point to make: under your prediction of 10-6, that would place the Bills at a greater than 95% chance of making the playoffs (historically speaking). You willing to stand by that bold prediction? If not, then stop calling everyone "tards" for their opinions on a message board. This isn't adding up 2 + 2 = 5. This is speculating the outcome of a sport with a stojanload of variables.