OK let the pile on begin

The Poojer

we lose game 1 on a last second heart breaking play

we lose game 2 to a brutally tough defense

we lose game 3 to a reigning super bowl champ who has, by the way won 17 straight coming in.

we are a mediocre team at best with young players and a brand spanking new coaching staff.

this team should be 8-0 at this point according to some of you all.

young teams make mistakes

young teams, hopefully, learn from thier mistakes.

this season is not over

we have a running back waiting to explode into the nfl

we have a qb who is going to do the same thing

we have a defensive back on the bench with injuries

this team will get better and we will win some nice games.

baby steps folks!

They should have one win by now.

I'm willing to accept the Oakland and New England losses, but if Milloy hadn't been hurt, there's no way in heaven or you-know-where that J'ville scores the game winner.

I've preached patience on this board, and shall continue to do so.

Mike

we are a mediocre team at best with young players and a brand spanking new coaching staff.

56595[/snapback]

Pooj, normally I would agree with you on this, but it is getting tougher by the loss.

It is not the "young players" that are making the bone-head plays, it is the roster stuffed with what is starting to look like either "overrated" or "over the hill" free agents, and vetrans, who are not getting the job done. Maybe that is a little harsh, but for all the name free agents we have added, we have seen very little positive result.

The defense, where most of the free agents reside, is decent, but not the kind of defense that can win games for us. They are only good enough to say "we almost beat the Jags, we should have beat the Raiders, we could have beat the Pats." All in all, our defense has mostly vetrans, and, IMO, is above average, but not among the elite. If the offense was in that same category, maybe even a top 20 offense, we might be winning some games. But we are not, and it is looking more and more like it is going to get worse, before it gets better. I am not one of those who thinks all the blame lies with Bledsoe, but sadly, it is looking like the only thing that will salvage this season, as a Bills fan, is if Losman gets healthy enough to play, he gets a jump start on his progress, and maybe the proverbial next year (always another year away) will be something to look forward too...

Maybe Bills fans are just chronicy victims of too-lofty expectations. 

I for one would like to see us play at least .400 ball 3 years into the Tom Donahoe era.  I guess I am guilty of having my expectations set too high?

56605[/snapback]

yah i guess so...its like with women...what do they say...if at first you dont succeed, lower your standards...

or if you cant get with a 10, get with five 2's... :(

Guest John Rout

56595[/snapback]

Pooj, normally I would agree with you on this, but it is getting tougher by the loss.

It is not the "young players" that are making the bone-head plays, it is the roster stuffed with what is starting to look like either "overrated" or "over the hill" free agents, and vetrans, who are not getting the job done. Maybe that is a little harsh, but for all the name free agents we have added, we have seen very little positive result.

The defense, where most of the free agents reside, is decent, but not the kind of defense that can win games for us. They are only good enough to say "we almost beat the Jags, we should have beat the Raiders, we could have beat the Pats." All in all, our defense has mostly vetrans, and, IMO, is above average, but not among the elite. If the offense was in that same category, maybe even a top 20 offense, we might be winning some games. But we are not, and it is looking more and more like it is going to get worse, before it gets better. I am not one of those who thinks all the blame lies with Bledsoe, but sadly, it is looking like the only thing that will salvage this season, as a Bills fan, is if Losman gets healthy enough to play, he gets a jump start on his progress, and maybe the proverbial next year (always another year away) will be something to look forward too...

56620[/snapback]

Guest CalBillsFan

56595[/snapback]

56620[/snapback]

we lose game 1 on a last second heart breaking play

we lose game 2 to a brutally tough defense

we lose game 3 to a reigning super bowl champ who has, by the way won 17 straight coming in.

this team should be 8-0 at this point according to some of you all. 

young teams make mistakes

young teams, hopefully, learn from thier mistakes.

this season is not over

we have a running back waiting to explode into the nfl

we have a qb who is going to do the same thing

we have a defensive back on the bench with injuries

this team will get better and we will win some nice games.

baby steps folks!

56595[/snapback]

After the first game, I posted how I thought the Bills were a "team in progress". Thing is, I don't know in which direction the progress is going.

56595[/snapback]

56620[/snapback]

what he said.

Quotes not working today?

I have to agree with Moulds, and Mularkey, and Bledsoe on this. It's little things, but little things that are adding up. A trip here, a miscommunication there, an inch further out of bounds, a bad call here, an injury there, bad luck there. HOWEVER everyone has something to do with their own luck. We must continue to prepare so that when it meets opportunity, we generate better luck.

We can play with anybody, and we'll break out.

I am tired of being patient. We should be reaping the benefits of starting over in 2001 with a competitive playoff caliber team now. We had the draft position and the money to field a competitive team. Instead, we are losing and watching another rookie coach in over his head.

I am sorry to be so harsh, but it seemed unreasonable to me going in to the season expecting to make the playoffs without significant upgrades to the roster or bringing in an experienced, winning coach. These are the types of things that would have made a difference after our dismal season last year.

I think your problem is Donahoe. The high profile/high risk free agent signings, trades, and draft choices are no way to build a team. If the Bills had kept their picks and signed mid-level free agents they would be in much better shape.