OK let the pile on begin

The Poojer

I am tired of being patient.  We should be reaping the benefits of starting over in 2001 with a competitive playoff caliber team now.  We had the draft position and the money to field a competitive team.  Instead, we are losing and watching another rookie coach in over his head.

I am sorry to be so harsh, but it seemed unreasonable to me going in to the season expecting to make the playoffs without significant upgrades to the roster or bringing in an experienced, winning coach.  These are the types of things that would have made a difference after our dismal season last year.

56691[/snapback]

Goes back to last year when TD tanked 2003 because he didn't want to turn off prospective coaches by firing Gilbride or GW in mid-season.

Now we can tank 2004 as well.

Goes back to last year when TD tanked 2003 because he didn't want to turn off prospective coaches by firing Gilbride or GW in mid-season.

Now we can tank 2004 as well.

56855[/snapback]

Every time you post this dumb-ass statement, I ask you to explain whow the hell it isn't tanking a season to fire the current coaches in mid-season and hire new ones? I would like to know STILL who the fuuk we would have hired and how do you expect to install a new offense in the middle of the season?

Every time you post this dumb-ass statement I ask you (assuming that you would respond that we would have promoted the heretofore incredibly successful Dick LeBeau as head coach, and another defensive coordinator with no clue about offense) and someone like Les Steckel as OC, wouldn't be still running the same flawed offensive scheme, regardless of who would have then been calling the plays? And you never respond.

And BTW, the answer is OF COURSE we would because you can't install a new offense in the middle of the freakin' season.

Every time you post this dumb-ass statement, I ask you would we have been stuck with those interim coaches for the future, or would we have fired their asses at the end of the season, saying thanks very much after sticking them with nothing but a caretaker's role of a team going nowhere? And you never respond.

Yeah, I'll bet that act would have attracted some serious coaching talent into Buffalo!

Until you are actually able to support this dumb-ass statement, it will never be anything but.......

A DUMB-ASS STATEMENT! :angry:

Every time you post this dumb-ass statement, I ask you to explain whow the hell it isn't tanking a season to fire the current coaches in mid-season and hire new ones?  I would like to know STILL who the fuuk we would have hired and how do you expect to install a new offense in the middle of the season?

Every time you post this dumb-ass statement I ask you (assuming that you would respond that we would have promoted the heretofore incredibly successful Dick LeBeau as head coach, and another defensive  coordinator with no clue about offense) and someone like Les Steckel as OC, wouldn't be still running the same flawed offensive scheme, regardless of who would have then been calling the plays?  And you never respond. 

And BTW, the answer is OF COURSE we would because you can't install a new offense in the middle of the freakin' season.

Every time you post this dumb-ass statement, I ask you would we have been stuck with those interim coaches for the future, or would we have fired their asses at the end of the season, saying thanks very much after sticking them with nothing but a caretaker's role of a team going nowhere?  And you never respond.

Yeah, I'll bet that act would have attracted some serious coaching talent into Buffalo!

Until you are actually able to support this dumb-ass statement, it will never be anything but.......

A DUMB-ASS STATEMENT!  :angry:

56934[/snapback]

Check This Out

Oh yeah, and every time you post this dumb-ass statement, I ask you when exactly we were supposed to fire the staff? At the bye week when we were 4-4 and still well within the hunt for a playoff birth?

In hindsight, the Bills killed themselves losing 3 games in a row by only a total of 9 points, but thenh again, I forget. You can see the future. And in any event, I suppose that LeBeau and Steckel would have won those games after sending the team the message that even though they were 4-4 and that we were going to fire the head coach and OC because with them there was no hope.

Oh wait, I suppose Jimmy Johnson or Tom Coughlin would have happily come out of retirement just to take over a team at mid-season. LOL! Yeah, sounds like the kind of gig an experienced coach would surely relish!

Or hey, maybe we could have hired Mularkey away from the Steelers in mid-season and given him a head start! Oops, interference with contract.

we lose game 1 on a last second heart breaking play

we lose game 2 to a brutally tough defense

we lose game 3 to a reigning super bowl champ who has, by the way won 17 straight coming in.

we are a mediocre team at best with young players and a brand spanking new coaching staff.

this team should be 8-0 at this point according to some of you all. 

young teams make mistakes

young teams, hopefully, learn from thier mistakes.

this season is not over

we have a running back waiting to explode into the nfl

we have a qb who is going to do the same thing

we have a defensive back on the bench with injuries

this team will get better and we will win some nice games.

baby steps folks!

56595[/snapback]

Pooj, they're not as young as they were 3 years ago. So that argument no longer flies.

Yes, mistakes are killing us! We're finding ways to give games away. IMO, we should be 2-1, at worst.

The coaching staff didn't game plan correctly. The Pats are like Miami. They pass the ball all over us on short routes. Neither of their running games will ever beat us. Ricky had 400+ plus yards on us two years ago yet lost both times.

We should've played alot more nickel and dime zones.