Best non-animated TV Show...

Chilly

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all The Office nominees, here's a story about FOUR different versions of the show that have spawned from Ricky Gervais.

UK, USA, France, Deutschland

I personally like the BBC original too much to get into the U.S. version. I mean, David Brent was PATHETIC, not just a prick; you cannot outcreep Gareth, and a universe where Tim and Dawn are finally united is one that is not to be tampered.

For all The Office nominees, here's a story about FOUR different versions of the show that have spawned from Ricky Gervais.

UK, USA, France, Deutschland

I personally like the BBC original too much to get into the U.S. version. I mean, David Brent was PATHETIC, not just a prick; you cannot outcreep Gareth, and a universe where Tim and Dawn are finally united is one that is not to be tampered.

782005[/snapback]

Good read; thanks for the link.

My top shows are hands down The Sopranos and Rescue Me. Hands down, to of the best shows on tv.

I like Big Love because of how wierd it truly is.

782006[/snapback]

Sopranos was the best show for a year or two. Deadwood is much better - better action, better violence, better swearing, better nudity! It kicks a$$!

Best ever: Married with Children, The Man Show (Jimmy and Adam only)

782132[/snapback]

The show never had any other hosts.

My favorite shows right now would have to be 24, Boston Legal, and My Name is Earl. Denny Crane and Randy are my favorite characters out there.

In no particular order:

Sopranos

South Park

Daily Show

Rescue Me

Nip/Tuck

Lost

Nip/Tuck is really pushing the envelope this season. First "hair pie" reference I have heard on a weekly TV show. The mother/daughter double-team was good, too. I can do without the soap-opera stuff and the two doctors are aholes but the graphical surgeries are great and the unusual medical conditions are interesting.

782005[/snapback]

I agree....Ricky Gervais is amazing in that show...I tried wathcing the American version a few times, but it just pales in comparison to me, though it is not awful bu any means...

Incidently, another "current" show I really like, is Gervais' new HBO show "Extras".

Similar humour, but Gervais' character is a little less pathetic.....very funny though...I am not sure if it has been renewed, there has only been one, six season episode so far.....

I agree....Ricky Gervais is amazing in that show...I tried wathcing the American version a few times, but it just pales in comparison to me, though it is not awful bu any means...

Incidently, another "current" show I really like, is Gervais' new HBO show "Extras".

Similar humour, but Gervais' character is a little less pathetic.....very funny though...I am not sure if it has been renewed, there has only been one, six season episode so far.....

782245[/snapback]

I like both versions, but damn, did Ricky Gervais ever come off like a jackass perfectly or what.

The Man Show (Jimmy and Adam only)

782132[/snapback]

:doh:

Very silly, but The Man Show was some funny sh--. Juggy Vanessa....mmmmmm. The hidden camera thing where she is modeling bikinis for some loser and trying to get him to buy them for her is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Another show that I never see anybody mention, that I would put into my top 10 list of modern shows, the gone but not forgotten "Freaks & Geeks"  Anyone who grew up in white suburbia in the early 80's in Buffalo, or in the mid-west would be able to relate to this show...it was created by the same guy who brought us "Anchorman" and "The 40 Year Old Virgin", which to me, were funny, but not on par with "Freaks And Geeks"...it only lasted for 18 episodes, which are out on DVD now...

781831[/snapback]

Freaks and Geeks was awesome! I miss that show.

My favorites now:

Bones

House

Lost

Firefly