A Jets Fan's Perspective

ronnydynamic

"If we had a quarterback?"

780787[/snapback]

I highly doubt defensive coordinators around the league look at Losman like "wow we have to stop this guy he can do some damage". They probably want to force him to have to throw to see if he can beat them. We're a far ways away from having a reliable qb, but he has looked better then at any point last season.

FWIW Glad you stoped by ronny. Jets/Bills games always seem to be hard fought and close to the vest. Pennington is looking a bit like his old self, which is good news for you, and your teams front office did a good job trying to fortify the oline for the future with dbrick and mangold. Vilma is a beast as always, and I look foward to a good game with hopefully no injuries.

Nice of you to stop in Ronny. And a good post. You guys should be proud of your team thus far. They were picked by many to finish worst in the league, but they beat Tenn., and gave the Patriots a run for their money. I expect the Jets to put up a stiff fight against the Bills, but the Bills to take it in the end.

"If we had a quarterback?"

Where in So. Fla. are you?  I'm a stones throw from dolfelon camp- I know because I'v thrown stones at it.

780787[/snapback]

Hey Dib, I am driver, pitching wedge from the dolfags practice facility. Just on Nova and Univ. Where about do you stay?

Welcome Ronny. I always like it when other teams fans come here with something real to talk about, as opposed to Bills Suck trolls that show from time to time. I agree with you, the Jets have some more work to do on Defense. Losing Abraham will be a huge loss.

I am not sure Pennington is all the way back,either. He looks good, mind you, I am just leery of his ability to stay healthy and we both know he cant muscle up on any throw. That will hurt in late Nov or Dec. Who is your RB now? Didn't I hear you guys picked up Barlow from 49'ers?

I hope its a good game. And when I say good, i mean a Bills win and No injuries for either side. I think Bills get some points this week, and Losman has 2 TDs to evans. Evans seems to have good games against the Jets.

Bills 27- Jets 13

Welcome Ronny. I always like it when other teams fans come here with something real to talk about, as opposed to Bills Suck trolls that show from time to time. I agree with you, the Jets have some more work to do on Defense. Losing Abraham will be a huge loss.

I am not sure Pennington is all the way back,either. He looks good, mind you, I am just leery of his ability to stay healthy and we both know he cant muscle up on any throw. That will hurt in late Nov or Dec. Who is your RB now? Didn't I hear you guys picked up Barlow from 49'ers?

I hope its a good game. And when I say good, i mean a Bills win and No injuries for either side. I think Bills get some points this week, and Losman has 2 TDs to evans. Evans seems to have good games against the Jets.

Bills 27- Jets 13

781035[/snapback]

You may be wrong there. Chad has made some throws in the first two weeks that he couldn't make prior to the surgery. So don't count on him having a weak busted arm, he can make any throw now and has even improved his touch. Staying healthy is his only problem, so tell your front 7 to drop back in coverage and leave him alone.

Staying healthy is his only problem, so tell your front 7 to drop back in coverage and leave him alone.

781964[/snapback]

I don't think they'd listen to me. 0:)

How is Cedric Houston doing? Will he start? I wanted the Bills to draft this guy in 2005 to back up McGahee. Those Vols runners are tough.

I don't think they'd listen to me. 0:)

How is Cedric Houston doing? Will he start? I wanted the Bills to draft this guy in 2005 to back up McGahee. Those Vols runners are tough.

781992[/snapback]

If there is one series of 2nd guessing the coaching staff by the fans it's about Houston. We all ove what he has shown and looks to have great potentiol. He is a hard North/South runner and looks to be exactly what the Jets need right now. But for some reason he has been inactive the 1st 2 weeks. The only knock I saw on him was the inability to pick up the blitz. There are rumors that he'll suit up Sunday. We'll see.

I don't think they'd listen to me. :doh:

781992[/snapback]

Cedric Houston is probably more likely to not be on the roster by the end of the season than starting by the end of the season.

JDG

As a long time suffering Jets fan I haven't seen a Jets defense that can get after the QB since "The Sack Exchange" with Gastineau and Klecko.

Didn't you guys have a player by the name of John Abraham not so long ago? I seem to remember Abraham and Ellis really lighting things up for a while.

On the plus side, Chad is playing awesome and if we can keep him from getting hit too much we may have a chance to score some points.  But, since we have no rushing attack, I think we're in for a long day. 

I'm not here to talk sh--.  On paper you guys should out-match us but like they say... On any given sunday.

780725[/snapback]

I don't think we outmatch you by that much, if at all. If we could take our running game and your passing game, we might have a complete offense. Plus, you guys have the second-best special teams coach in the League, and still have a few pretty good players on defense, even with Abraham gone. Your secondary admittedly looks weak, but we'll see if Losman can take advantage.

This game scares me a lot too - its the sort of division home game that we absolutely have to have if we're going to have a shot this year.

JDG

For those looking for a sign, our old pal John Clayton gave this description of the game:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor...john&id=2597090

3. New York Jets at Buffalo Bills

The Bills' victory over the Dolphins last week came out of nowhere. The Bills generated only 171 yards of offense. Quarterback J.P. Losman passed for only 83 yards. But credit Dick Jauron for getting his young defense fired up and keeping pressure on Dolphins quarterback Daunte Culpepper all game. The Jets are riding the surgically repaired shoulder of Chad Pennington on offense. He gives them hope. Though he doesn't throw the deep ball, Pennington moves the chains. The Patriots shut him out until the third quarter last week, but Pennington hung in there and generated 17 second-half points to show the Jets have some fight. Jauron has a knack of getting solid execution from his teams. Though the Bills have a lot of holes and probably won't have a winning season, the defense showed a lot of progress in the Dolphins' victory.

If there was EVER a sign we are going to have a winning season, we just got it. :doh:

Didn't you guys have a player by the name of John Abraham not so long ago?  I seem to remember Abraham and Ellis really lighting things up for a while.

JDG

782219[/snapback]

Abraham was great when he was on the field, but Herm was too damn conservative to do any blitzing and allowed Abe to get double-teamed constantly.

Hey guys,

How's it going?  I just wanted to stop by and talk some friendly football. 

I watched your first two games and I can tell you right now that I'm jealous.  Jauron has done great things with this team and I could only wish that we had a hungry looking defense like yours.  As a long time suffering Jets fan I haven't seen a Jets defense that can get after the QB since "The Sack Exchange" with Gastineau and Klecko.  If you guys had a QB, you could do some major damage in this league.

That being said... this game scares the hell out of me.  Although we scored 17 unanswered points on the Pats the final score wasn't a true indicator of what took place in the game.  Yes we showed a lot of heart but plenty of weaknesses continued to show up. 

On the negative side, we have absolutely zero pass rush and have been playing too soft ont he WR's giving them a cushion.  Which means I doubt we can get pressure on Losman which will keep him from making mistakes and allowing him to manage the game.  McGahee should be able to run on us as well since we're still playing the 3-4 with personnel not cut out for it.

On the plus side, Chad is playing awesome and if we can keep him from getting hit too much we may have a chance to score some points.  But, since we have no rushing attack, I think we're in for a long day. 

I'm not here to talk sh--.  On paper you guys should out-match us but like they say... On any given sunday.

So, I'll be rooting hard for the Jets and wish you guys luck oh and thanks for embarrasing the Fish last week showing those guppie fans the real Culpepper and not the so-called savior of the franchise.

780725[/snapback]

Welcome to the board. It's always nice to see an opposing fan's point of view when it's presented intelligently and not antagonistically. Why can't Jet fans like you get more face time rather than idiots like that douchebag 'Fireman Ed'. :doh::lol:

Abraham was great when he was on the field, but Herm was too damn conservative to do any blitzing and allowed Abe to get double-teamed constantly.

782520[/snapback]

Well, the guy has had double-digit sacks in every year he has played 16 games, and he has been on pace for more than that in the two years he got hurt. I don't think the old saw of "Edwards was too conservative" holds water on that count - especially since the goal is to use Abraham to win games, not to use Abraham to rack up stats....

JDG