Adam Schefter talking up JP on NFLN...

Heitz

Interesting - Schefter is doing his segment on NFL Network and just talked about JP:

- JP has not had great numbers early on, except in the turnover department. 2 games, at NE and at Mia two difficult places to play, JP has yet to commit a turnover this season

- The Buffalo Bills have been one of the surprise teams in the league this year and the reason is JP Losman

- Staff did a great job of making him more patient

- He's been a much better quaterback

Interesting - Schefter is doing his segment on NFL Network and just talked about JP:

-  JP has not had great numbers early on, except in the turnover department.  2 games, at NE and at Mia two difficult places to play, JP has yet to commit a turnover this season

-  The Buffalo Bills have been one of the surprise teams in the league this year and the reason is JP Losman

-  Staff did a great job of making him more patient

-  He's been a much better quaterback

779932[/snapback]

Cue JDG and Holcmobs Arm in: 10...9....8....7..... <_<

-  JP has not had great numbers early on, except in the turnover department.  2 games, at NE and at Mia two difficult places to play, JP has yet to commit a turnover this season

-  The Buffalo Bills have been one of the surprise teams in the league this year and the reason is JP Losman

779932[/snapback]

I remember the NFL network.....those were the days....

Thanks TimeWarner <_<

779932[/snapback]

In other words: Can you put more hot sauce on my crow so it tastes better. If these national guys paid more attention in preseason, the Bills wouldn't be that much of a surprise. I won my football pool at work this week (small $ but it's the principle of the thing) because I was the only one of the contenders who had the Bills over Miami. Sweet!

This just goes to show you how much the media is compiled of a bunch of idiots. Today Farnum and Myers on FOX sounded completely off base on JP Losman, saying he's no good and nobody in the league thinks he's any good, and that was coming from all the "experts" Myers has the priviledge of rolling with. Probably the same "insiders" that said marv was too old and Whitner was a stupid pick. And Farnum still defended his point that JP is quote "terrible." They made no logical rebuttals only to say he threw for 89 yards and then when confronted with the fact that he's the 12th rated passer in the league he'd say numbers don't mean anything, which is a contradiction, gotta love that "education" farnum got while hooping at ucla. It was overly apparent that these !@#$s didn't watch more than the highlights of the ass kicking we put on Miami. Keep shocking the world JP F*** the haters. I don't know who I hate more...the political media for being slanted so far to the left its ridiculous

This just goes to show you how much the media is compiled of a bunch of idiots.  Today Farnum and Myers on FOX sounded completely off base on JP Losman, saying he's no good and nobody in the league thinks he's any good, Farnum still defending his point that JP is quote "terrible." They made no logical rebuttals only to say he threw for 89 yards and then when confronted with the fact that he's the 12th rated passer in the league he'd say numbers don't mean anything, which is a contradiction, gotta love that "education" farnum got while hooping at ucla. Keep shocking the world JP F*** the haters.

780001[/snapback]

Does Farnum post on this board too?

Cue JDG and Holcmobs Arm in: 10...9....8....7..... :angry:

779934[/snapback]

Actually, I agree that JP Losman is much better this season so far.... which speaks volumes about just how bad he was last season...

The one statement that I disagree with above is that the Bills are better because of JP Losman. In terms of why we are better this year, I would put better coaching as #1 and #2, followed by improved play from the O-Line and McGahee, and improved play from the defense, particularly the addition of five faster and younger (save Triplett) defenders on that side of the ball. JP Losman would come in as the #5 reason by my count.

JDG

This just goes to show you how much the media is compiled of a bunch of idiots.  Today Farnum and Myers on FOX sounded completely off base on JP Losman, saying he's no good and nobody in the league thinks he's any good, and that was coming from all the "experts" Myers has the priviledge of rolling with. Probably the same "insiders" that said marv was too old and Whitner was a stupid pick. And Farnum still defended his point that JP is quote "terrible." They made no logical rebuttals only to say he threw for 89 yards and then when confronted with the fact that he's the 12th rated passer in the league he'd say numbers don't mean anything, which is a contradiction, gotta love that "education" farnum got while hooping at ucla. It was overly apparent that these !@#$s didn't watch more than the highlights of the ass kicking we put on Miami. Keep shocking the world JP F*** the haters.  I don't know who I hate more...the political media for being slanted so far to the left its ridiculous

780001[/snapback]

Exactly; they don't watch the games, just highlights and stats. But what I don't get is how they get all hot in the panties over how so much Vick has improved when he has pass for as many yards as JP and his team scored what; 14 points? Now he did run for a 100 plus but if he puts up those same numbers, 14 points and they lose then it is Vick runs too much. The same for JP; if we win and he has an ordinary day the media will give him too much praise as oppose to last week he was given too much blame for a lost.

Exactly; they don't watch the games, just highlights and stats. But what I don't get is how they get all hot in the panties over how so much Vick has improved when he has pass for as many yards as JP and his team scored what; 14 points? Now he did run for a 100 plus but if he puts up those same numbers, 14 points and they lose then it is Vick runs too much. The same for JP; if we win and he has an ordinary day the media will give him too much praise as oppose to last week he was given too much blame for a lost.

780072[/snapback]

And lets look at the media darling preseason pick to win the Super Bowl, the Carolina Panthers. Loaded with talent, they are 0-2, and been out-coached and out-played. Granted they are missing Steve Smith, but they were the trending pick all off season to win it all by our media experts. If they lose in Tampa this weekend, they can kiss the postseason goodbye.

Actually, I agree that JP Losman is much better this season so far.... which speaks volumes about just how bad he was last season...

The one statement that I disagree with above is that the Bills are better because of JP Losman.  In terms of why we are better this year, I would put better coaching as #1 and #2, followed by improved play from the O-Line and McGahee, and improved play from the defense, particularly the addition of five faster and younger (save Triplett) defenders on that side of the ball.  JP Losman would come in as the #5 reason by my count. 

JDG

780069[/snapback]

I have to agree. I am not considered a JP basher, but it is a stretch to say he is the reason the Bills are better this year. He is improving, and I am happy with that. He is a contributor to the Bills being better, but for the most part is not screwing up to negate all of the other improvements.

This just goes to show you how much the media is compiled of a bunch of idiots.  Today Farnum and Myers on FOX sounded completely off base on JP Losman, saying he's no good and nobody in the league thinks he's any good, and that was coming from all the "experts" Myers has the priviledge of rolling with. Probably the same "insiders" that said marv was too old and Whitner was a stupid pick. And Farnum still defended his point that JP is quote "terrible." They made no logical rebuttals only to say he threw for 89 yards and then when confronted with the fact that he's the 12th rated passer in the league he'd say numbers don't mean anything, which is a contradiction, gotta love that "education" farnum got while hooping at ucla. It was overly apparent that these !@#$s didn't watch more than the highlights of the ass kicking we put on Miami. Keep shocking the world JP F*** the haters.  I don't know who I hate more...the political media for being slanted so far to the left its ridiculous

780001[/snapback]

The media's job is to make $. Stories, antecdotes, advertisement $, and predictions trump hard news. This is why nobody gave a rat's a$$ about the bills, and why everyone will be making up "feel good" stories about ralph, marv, jp, et. al when we're good later in the season. advertisement $ drove the michael vick herpes story off of the nfln and espn... "marv is old" sells more than "marv had a great draft" at this point, so that's what they're going with.

moral of the story: learn who to listen to, watch or read and learn to read between the lines, or else get bent out of shape over untrue crap.

The Bills offense this year reminds me a little of the Bob Griese led Dolphins of yester year. True, we don't have a Csonka, but we might have a Griese if the coaches keep Losman under control. Losman's "intelligence" will grow in the eyes of the media the more he just does his job and "doesn't try to win games by himself". JMHO

779932[/snapback]

In writing....

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9671807