Bills in prime time

PromoTheRobot

One thread is asking everyone to reconsider their Bills season predictions.

You think we're going to two prime time games.

Promo...dude...we beat a bad Miami team. That's all.

The team gave us a little peck on the cheek this weekend and some of you dudes are ready to elope.

The team gave us a little peck on the cheek this weekend and some of you dudes are ready to elope.

778609[/snapback]

Excellent analogy. Definitely shows you how hard up we all are for a decent team.

I do agree, though, most peaople had us picked in the 5-7 win range. That means we'll win a few and we'll lose a few. SO we shouldn't get too up or too down, just yet. I say, lets all just wait until we're in the playoff hunt in late November, before we get too excited.

Now, that doesn't mean we can't enjoy the wins and hope for even more. Lord knows, I enjoyed yesterday. And I'm really looking forward to Sunday.

Agreed. I can definitely see us doing well and being the hot commodity in Dec. However, in recent years this team has invented new ways of losing. So, unitl they string some positive games together, I have to remain cautiosly optimistic.

What a bunch of killjoys...but you're right.  HOWEVER, if what we are seeing is no fluke, and we are a playoff contender come Thanksgiving, then it's prime time here we come.

I stick to my prediction.

PTR

778622[/snapback]

I agree.I don't think we have seen the offense open up yet (and it will this week,i think).I'm not saying we are playoff ready...but opening the season on the road against two teams who were picked as the cream of the AFC east and coming away with a split...(could have easily been 2-0).Well that should breed a bit of confidence.

I certainly would like to see the Bills in a prime time game - I just hope that it is not a home game.

This new package has put the question of renewing my season tickets into question after this season. I do not live within reasonable driving distance of RWS. I make plans to fly up for 3-4 games/year. I know there are other Bills fans who are also remote. Now, it will be difficult for planned travel if game times are moved. I do not expect anyone to feel sorry for those of us in this situation but it is already a challenge to fly out of Buffalo on Sun. night after a game. Booking a flight and changing it at the last minute (I will have to plead ignorance as to when the NFL will make these weekly decisions starting the end of Nov.) will not only be some $ but, due to airline flight cutbacks and nearly fully-loaded airplanes, may make it extremely difficult to work around this situation. Bills fans are not the only small-market team with remote season ticket fans. I cannot fault the NFL's desire to showcase the best matchups - it makes sense. It will simply cause some remote season ticket holders to cancel.

I'll admit, it gave me a woody. But I'm not ready for the altar. :doh:

778638[/snapback]

Hell, when you are "logged on", the crack of dawn ain't safe! :blink:

Back on topic, IF they rescheduled the Bills from 1PM to a night game, do you realize how many out-of-towners that would screw up?

I'm thinking of the folks that have a 4-6 hour drive home after the game. :blush:

I think what has a lot of us really fired up is the WAY the team played yesterday....not just the fact that we won the game. I haven't seen the team play like that in a good long while. When you consider all the other variables that have been talked about ad nauseum, it's a very impressive performance.

Absolutely. They looked great yesterday, as well as last week. I hope that can continue; and I really think it will. This week will be a good game for a number of reasons. Can they keep it up for 3 consecutive weeks? Can that beat a team that most of us thought/think they should be about to beat? Will they have a let down? This could be the week that determines the season as much or more so than the Miami game.

Absolutely.  They looked great yesterday, as well as last week.  I hope that can continue; and I really think it will.  This week will be a good game for a number of reasons.  Can they keep it up for 3 consecutive weeks? Can that beat a team that most of us thought/think they should be about to beat?  Will they have a let down?  This could be the week that determines the season as much or more so than the Miami game.

778647[/snapback]

Will Captain Bob find his wallet? Tune in next week for Piiiiiiiiiiiiiigs iiiiiiiiin Spaaaaaace!

sorry.

Next week will be huge. The last several years, we have been flirted with at times, onlt to see collapse after collapse. I hope we avoid the let down.