Fairchild best since Ted

Bills Fan888

It's early, but could Steve Fairchild be the best Bills Offensive Coordinator since Ted Marchibroda? I recall Joe Pendry, Dan Henning, Mike Sherman, Kevin Gilbride, and Tom Clements. A couple of well-known names, but mixed success. The Bills offense looked solid for 3 quarters last week - and gave some reason for optimism.

775121[/snapback]

yes you are absolutely right, after one game Fairchild is the best since Ted :o

One thing I can say about Fairchild... 4 and 1; what does he do? He ran it with Willis. Excellent choice. No gimmicks, no passing, no crap play, just a straight up run it down their throat kinda play.

It may not have worked, but its exactly what 90% of this board has been screaming for for 5 years. That's why I liked it and that's why I'm likin Fairchild after only 1 week of football.

One thing I can say about Fairchild... 4 and 1; what does he do?  He ran it with Willis.  Excellent choice.  No gimmicks, no passing, no crap play, just a straight up run it down their throat kinda play. 

It may not have worked, but its exactly what 90% of this board has been screaming for for 5 years.  That's why I liked it and that's why I'm likin Fairchild after only 1 week of football.

775260[/snapback]

I agree.........maybe next time Jp can take it

One thing I can say about Fairchild... 4 and 1; what does he do?  He ran it with Willis.  Excellent choice.  No gimmicks, no passing, no crap play, just a straight up run it down their throat kinda play. 

It may not have worked, but its exactly what 90% of this board has been screaming for for 5 years.  That's why I liked it and that's why I'm likin Fairchild after only 1 week of football.

775260[/snapback]

yeah, but that 4th and one trick hitch out to Willis against Seattle was sweet. It worked so it was a great call. no?

Knowing what I know about all of them since Ted, including how little we really know about Fairchild, I can honestly say that if it were up to me, I would choose Fairchild right now over any of them. So it's not that far fetched to say that he is better than any of the others.

775256[/snapback]

That's because they all failed at the job :o of course you will pick Fairchild, he hasn't fcked up and gotten fired! You mean to tell me that you think someone else will pick one of those bums who got fired over someone who hasnt had the chance yet?

yes you are absolutely right, after one game Fairchild is the best since Ted  :o

775122[/snapback]

I had the chance to watch the Rams last year when Fairchild was calling the plays. Just based on what he achieved with the Rams, I was very happy when I heard he'd been hired by the Bills. Fairchild did a much better job of using Jackson to pound the ball than Mike Martz had done; but the Rams still had a dangerous downfield passing attack. It was a nice combination. The Rams didn't do a whole lot last year because they didn't have the horses, but I still loved Fairchild's playcalling.

Knowing what I know about all of them since Ted, including how little we really know about Fairchild, I can honestly say that if it were up to me, I would choose Fairchild right now over any of them. So it's not that far fetched to say that he is better than any of the others.

775256[/snapback]

I'd choose him too. I'd also choose JP over any of the QBs since Kelly. There's something to be said for hoping a guy turns into something great instead of taking the mediocre/bad guys we've had in recent history. That being said it doesn't necessarily make him better.