Kelly Roberts [1968-2006]

SDS

Sort of Ironic, isn't it?

If I were his "Good Friends who knew him so well", and said the things about him that JSP and EITR said, then it sort of sounds like they knew what was coming...doesn't it? If it caught them by surprise, then have some freaking compassion and assume something went horribly wrong.

I for one would not let 10 seconds of madness erase 30+ years of trust and loyalty, but then again, who am I?

774574[/snapback]

Or could it be that the friends tried to counsel him well in advance of something going horribly wrong?

Millions of people have marital problems. Only select few take it to the level of bludgeoning the mother of their three young children.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one would not let 10 seconds of madness erase 30+ years of trust and loyalty, but then again, who am I?

774574[/snapback]

not if it leads to the willing death of someone else...

there always needs to be a justification...

Sort of Ironic, isn't it?

If I were his "Good Friends who knew him so well", and said the things about him that JSP and EITR said, then it sort of sounds like they knew what was coming...doesn't it? If it caught them by surprise, then have some freaking compassion and assume something went horribly wrong.

774574[/snapback]

Nice to know that in your weird world, as soon as you turn 30 you can go out and murder anyone you wish, because it won't negate or diminish all those great years. :pirate: But don't you dare criticize someone who left his kids parentless on the internet. That's intolerable.

Could you please explain this? :pirate:

774595[/snapback]

everytime someone does something like this, people try and justify it. for example, the dude who went on a shooting rampage in Montreal, the media blamed the fact that he was made fun of, etc.

In the end, there is no real justification for murder.

I know Scott said, think about what you post. Let me preface what I'm about to post, with, he was a friend of mine, more than most here might realize. The bottom line is, he killed his wife. While I'll miss his intelligent posts about our Buffalo Bills. There's still one thing that will carry on forever. Murderer.

I'll miss him, but.......

I hope he rots in Hell, forever.

774544[/snapback]

Why does a honest assessment need a preface or prerequisite? Dude slaughtered his wife with loving intimacy and that act supercedes any of the good guy karma he accumulated anywhere.

The whole 'don't sully his name card' doesn't play - delete away, again.

This is an unspeakable, unforgiveable act committed by someone who I didn't know past his board persona, which I liked.

I know that we want to debate this and purge feelings, but can we also agree that the appropriate time we will try as a TBD family to help these kids financially. They lost a mom and a dad in a manner from which they will never recover. I read some of the Jon Dorenbos stories again today--you will recall that Dorenbos lost his mom at the hands of his dad, with dad ending up in jail...extended family and their compassion is what helped Jon--after our debate lets try to channel our focus on assistance.

Sorry to rant..it just crushes me to think about those kids and I want to help...

I don't know this guy from Adam, I do know that many people on this board pile-on obvious topics. This isn't Mike Williams getting cut after being taken 4th in the draft....this is a supposed friend who has died. As horrible an act he may have commited, he himself is dead, and is deserving of the same dignity given to any other who has passed. If you want to get a gold star for being on the "Murder is Bad Bandwagon", then congratulations, some of you have earned it. Disappointment and shock is expected, damnation is a bit too far down the grief track for my liking to be taken sincere at this point.

Why does a honest assessment need a preface or prerequisite? Dude slaughtered his wife with loving intimacy and that act supercedes any of the good guy karma he accumulated anywhere.

The whole 'don't sully his name card' doesn't play - delete away, again.

774609[/snapback]

I was trying to be, oh, I don't know, subtle. But thanks for the encouragement. :pirate:

I have nothing to offer.... except my prayers and hopes that peace be with the family and friends of Kelly, his wife and their three children.

Thinking of being 12 years old and having this happen with my mom and dad is completely shattering.....what about the 7 month old?

It is a cruel , cruel world sometimes.

The correlation with Jon Dorenbos is important...I pray the kids receive the love that he received to guide them.

Dorenbos shows that good things can come out of cruelty and anger when good people are their with love and guidance.

I know that we want to debate this and purge feelings, but can we also agree that the appropriate time we will try as a TBD family to help these kids financially.

That's a fine sentiment Joe but I don't know if a gift from people who would be considered thailogs "friends" would be entirely appreciated by any extended family. :pirate: Perhaps if it could somehow be done in complete anonymity?

That's a fine sentiment Joe but I don't know if a gift from people who would be considered thailogs "friends" would be entirely appreciated by any extended family.  :pirate: Perhaps if it could somehow be done in complete anonymity?

774629[/snapback]

possibly something will be mentioned in the mothers obituary....i feel so bad for these kids...

wow 2 bad!..........i can't imagine someone being so pissed off or selfish to not only take themselves out but also leave their children with no mother! i dont care if he was a bills fan on here its just wrong........killing himself was just a way too easy way to go out and not face justice!!!!