Sunday Ticket at the stadium?

Jukester

From the Sep. 18, 2006 issue of TIME magazine:

The NFL in the palm of your hand

Fans at the game will have something better to watch when their team is trailing by 30. Starting Sept. 17, select NFL stadiums will offer handheld TVs featuring live games through DirecTV.

The article showed a picture of a handheld device with a small color screen showing NFL games.

Two questions:

How much? (this is the NFL after all)

Which stadiums will offer this?

Another article

Fans at the game will have something better to watch when their team is trailing by 30. Starting Sept. 17, select NFL stadiums will offer handheld TVs featuring live games through DirecTV.

The article showed a picture of a handheld device with a small color screen showing NFL games. 

Two questions:

Another article

773881[/snapback]

I remember, when I was a kid, we went to sporting events, to watch them...the bad old days!

Two questions:

Another article

773881[/snapback]

The only thing the NFL needs to do to complete this is to deliver hot pockets directly to the seat.

DING!

The only thing the NFL needs to do to complete this is to deliver hot pockets directly to the seat.

DING!

773894[/snapback]

I have a friend who used to work at Madison Sq garden. About 6 years ago, someone had a bright idea of fitting the backs of all front section seats with flat panel TVs. That way people who go to a game, can watch TV while they're at the game!!

Fortunately, the idea didn't fly. But they did run a test.

They do this at Nascar races - its probably even the same device. Basically, you have the "driver cams" at your disposal.

This would be great if we had a team that could compete in our division...keep an eye on late season division races.

I wonder how they'll sanitize them after a game's worth of beer drips, popcorn grease, snot, spittle, mustard, and catsup.

773901[/snapback]

They would probably start the trials in the club sections at RWS, and the people there don't spill things like beer, popcorn grease, snot, spittle, mustard, and catsup.

They spill fine wines, mixed drinks, and creme brule.

They do this at Nascar races - its probably even the same device.  Basically, you have the "driver cams" at your disposal.

This would be great if we had a team that could compete in our division...keep an eye on late season division races.

773987[/snapback]

The difference is that the Nascar cams show you all the stuff from the race oyu are watching. Watching the race on TV, you get all the info you need, driver and car status, when they are planning on pitting, etc, and thats lost when you watch in person.

A TV showing different camera angles and replays and such of the game you are watching would be fine, but why do you need ot watch other games when you are at one?

The difference is that the Nascar cams show you all the stuff from the race oyu are watching. Watching the race on TV, you get all the info you need, driver and car status, when they are planning on pitting, etc, and thats lost when you watch in person.

A TV showing different camera angles and replays and such of the game you are watching would be fine, but why do you need ot watch other games when you are at one?

774008[/snapback]

Well, late in the season if you need another team to win/lose so your team is in the playoff's, it'd be nice to be able to watch that game also, rather than wait for the scoreboard operator to decide when to put up the "out of town" scores.

They would probably start the trials in the club sections at RWS, and the people there don't spill things like beer, popcorn grease, snot, spittle, mustard, and catsup.

They spill fine wines, mixed drinks, and creme brule.

773990[/snapback]

Oh, I dunno. I think a little phlegm might fly out when they bellylaugh at the hoi polloi below.

774008[/snapback]

Are you serious? I have NFL Sunday Ticket to watch the Bills, but during commercials and halftime I'm all over the dial checking out the other games.

I don't believe you're presenting a very convincing argument against this service.

That is a perfect time to soak in the ambiance!

774046[/snapback]

Heh, except that there are so many damn commercials, but the middle of the 1st quarter, everyone starts yelling at the orange-arm parrot network guy.

At least in the games that I've gone do. Its less soaking-up ambience, more "damnit, hurry up".

The other thing that I do like to do is get score updates from other games around the league.