Ryan Lindell

Drewgetz

I have been unimpressed with RL since we picked him up from Seattle but wanted reasons to like him. I heard over the summer that his main workout was leg streagth and a little technique. I was impressed during the preseason and down right awed during Sunday's game. His first kick off (after what is prolly one of the fasted touchdowns in a game) was deep in the endzone. When was the last time we had a kicker that could put it through the endzone like that?

I was at a bar with some friends and one guy was dissing the call for the 53 yard field go, he had no love so I won a drink off him. I have great confidence in Lindell and think he is the best kicker we've had since Christie if not before.

I would def take him over that guy in 1990...

RL is another fine example as to why its good that the front office doesn't listen to the banter by their fans. Sure, the guy has pissed me off, but if we had our way, he would've been shipped out several times...over the past season, he's been about as solid as we could ask for.

He's been money ever since Schneck replaced Dorenbos.  Who knew back then that all Lindell needed to create magic with his leg was to get rid of the magician?

771209[/snapback]

Tom Donahoe and/or John Guy might of known since they were the one(s) that brought in Schneck and let Dorenbos go.

I have been unimpressed with RL since we picked him up from Seattle but wanted reasons to like him.  I heard over the summer that his main workout was leg streagth and a little technique.  I was impressed during the preseason and down right awed during Sunday's game.  His first kick off (after what is prolly one of the fasted touchdowns in a game) was deep in the endzone.  When was the last time we had a kicker that could put it through the endzone like that?

I was at a bar with some friends and one guy was dissing the call for the 53 yard field go, he had no love so I won a drink off him.  I have great confidence in Lindell and think he is the best kicker we've had since Christie if not before. 

I would def take him over that guy in 1990...

771201[/snapback]

I think you're actually a year late on this post. The guy was absolute money last season.

He's been money ever since Schneck replaced Dorenbos.  Who knew back then that all Lindell needed to create magic with his leg was to get rid of the magician?

Good line. Apparently accuracy > speed.

Tom Donahoe and/or John Guy might of known since they were the one(s) that brought in Schneck and let Dorenbos go.

And Schneck was yet another one of those Pittsburgh castoffs, too...

FYI: Lindell is 71-88 on FGs with the Bills (80.68%), tops in club history. (Christie's 78.26% is #2.)

Remember the guy a lot of us (including me) wanted the Bills to replace Lindell with?

Jets | Nugent's job safe for now

Tue, 12 Sep 2006 14:23:00 -0700

Dave Hutchinson, of the Star-Ledger, reports New York Jets PK Mike Nugent's job is likely safe for now, even though Nugent missed an extra point and two field goals Week 1.

I think you're actually a year late on this post. The guy was absolute money last season.

771223[/snapback]

He was money from 30 to 40 and did have 3 over 50 but his kickoffs were still short. I'm not late, this is his break out year.

Go BILLS!!!!!

He also spent a lot of time in offseason a year ago working with a trainer on his legs and kicking form.; that trainer came to training camp Dorenbos gets far too much blame and Lindell not enough credit for realizing his leg needed work and he needed help.

He was money from 30 to 40 and did have 3 over 50 but his kickoffs were still short.  I'm not late, this is his break out year.

Go BILLS!!!!!

771502[/snapback]

All the training you mentioned before happened before last season, not this one. And the kickoff's are still just as short. Anyway , I still thought you made a good post :D

All the training you mentioned before happened before last season, not this one. And the kickoff's are still just as short. Anyway , I still thought you made a good post  :D

772963[/snapback]

IIRC, I only saw one short kickoff from him in Foxboro, the other 3 went into the endzone, don't think it was windy either... I was impressed!

All the training you mentioned before happened before last season, not this one. And the kickoff's are still just as short. Anyway , I still thought you made a good post  :D

772963[/snapback]

He kicked off 4 times. The first was 3 yards deep. The second was a touchback. The third went to the 3 yard line. The fourth was to the 11. One poor kick out of four, two to the end zone. That's deeper than he normally kicks.