Here they go ripping JP

East Brady

Better yet, someone should call them and point out that Bills fans know he is lying/ making it up about the KH vs. Losman crap.

769736[/snapback]

A couple of more total off base remarks calling the kid a moron and thats exactly what I will be doing! The thing about their remark was the total disgust they displayed in the tone of their voices.

They followed it up by stating"and he supposedly beat out KH to win the job, answer me this would KH have taken a saftey there bla bla bla".

These two fools actually think they are fooling us with their game remarks when it's painfully obvious that neither Patty Kirwin nor Timmy Ryan actually watched or read the play sheet with regard to the games.......Hell for that matter many of the posters here could do the same job, all you have to do is watch the highlights show and form an opinion.....My steeler buddy called this morning and had the same remark How'd they lose the game on a saftey.........

For whats its worth IMO the bills lost the game in the 2nd qt with 11:30 to go when they had 3 drive starts after going up 17-7 and failed to generate a simple field goal....If they could have done that before the half, Big Dickey J would never have gone for the 4th and 1. The field goal at that point would have been the crushing blow.....Score could have been 23-7

This whole discussion is hilarious, namely the Losman bashers.

First of all, the ST's were HORRID all day long. Moorman was shanking punts, McGee was taking the ball out of the endzone and barely getting back to the 20-yard line, if even, and the KO and punt coverage weren't exactly up to snuff either.

As for the safety, JP had NO TIME to get rid of the ball without taking an IG call or throwing a pick, since he was nailed by Banta-Cain as soon as he took his 3rd step back from under Fowler (who was pushed-back by Wilfork as noted in another thread). Then he tried to get out of the endzone by going to his left, but Warren was untouched and got him for the safety.

Now let's say JP gets out of the endzone and is at the 1 yard line at best. With Moorman backed-up in his endzone and shanking punts all day, where do you THINK the punt ends up? Where it did after the free kick? And you think Brady throws that HORRIBLE-FOR-JP-INT-MUCH-LESS-GOD-BRADY INT in that situation?

And last of all, WRT criticizing JP for failing to capitalize on the Whitner INT, he did. The refs however flagged Royal for a foul and the Bills couldn't convert 3rd and 2.

But hey, how about that Bledsoe yesterday?

Ripping JP for the saftey calling him a moron ......

unbelievable calling for Holcomb ......

Would Holcomb have taken the saftey bla bla bla .......

Funny for being such genius's you'd think Patty Kirwin would know that NE killed the last 1:30

plus minutes deep in Bills end.........

These guys are total tools I think patty needs a napkin everytime he talks about KH!!!

769568[/snapback]

I agree with you.

This is from Kirwin's Bio from NFL.COM:

Pat Kirwan

NFL.com Senior Analyst

An experienced coach and NFL front office executive, Pat Kirwan held several positions with the Jets from 1989-97, including defensive assistant coach, assistant pro personnel director and director of player administration. He has managed the salary cap, negotiated player contracts and trades, and evaluated pro and college personnel. ...Prior to joining the Jets, Pat was a scout for the Buccaneers and Cardinals

Let's analyze this now...Pat was with the Jets when they sucked, with the Bucs when they sucked and with the Cardinals who have always sucked. Why is this guy qualified to analyze anything regarding the ability of NFL players???? He always sounds like a moron when commenting on players. It always sounds like he's making them from the seat of his pants. That's no doubt why he is an ex-league front office man. Don't even get me started on Jerry Rice's ability to form a sentence. The NFL radio channel is half good and half awful!

I would have been OK, if you had said Losman failed to capitalize on the Whitner interception....That at least would have had some merit....

769650[/snapback]

Except for the fact that Losman completed a 3rd and 2 play to move the Bills to the Pat's 38 yard line only to have it nullified by Royal's idiotic push in the back. If Royal doesn't have that brain freeze and the Bills can muster just 5 more yards that gives Lindell a shot at a 50 yarder for the lead.

The Bills had lots of opportunities to win this game and many people made mistakes that cost them. Losman is one of them but he's not the only one. Even McGee (who had a great game) made a mistake that ended up giving the Pats 7 when he dropped an INT that was right in his hands on the Pats first scoring drive. The Bills, as a team, simply didn't make the plays they needed to make in order to win.

So what you're saying is Mcgee sucks. 

Cut'em now.  :angry:

769619[/snapback]

He doesnt suck, However had he hung onto the football in the first quarter when brady threw the long bomb to terrance instead of his own man we wouldnt have been tied 7-7...He has to hang onto that football instead of trying to set up the safety for a perfect beach volleyball slam

There is plenty of blame to go around for that loss. Consider the fact that the defense gave up a 93 yard scoring drive, and couldn't stop the running game when it counted.

ST were sub-par (which makes me look for a big week against Miami!), and the offense, though improved from last year in many respects, still can't get it done over 4 quarters.

What we have here is a work in progress. I expect to see things get better as the season goes on, but I think playoffs are a bit premature and Losman-bashing at this point is way off the mark.

There is plenty of blame to go around for that loss.  Consider the fact that the defense gave up a 93 yard scoring drive, and couldn't stop the running game when it counted.

Thats where I put the blame. If the D stops them on that 93 yard drive, all the momentum that NE got from the 4th down stop comes to a screeching halt.

This whole discussion is hilarious, namely the Losman bashers.

Now let's say JP gets out of the endzone and is at the 1 yard line at best.  With Moorman backed-up in his endzone and shanking punts all day, where do you THINK the punt ends up?  Where it did after the free kick?  And you think Brady throws that HORRIBLE-FOR-JP-INT-MUCH-LESS-GOD-BRADY INT in that situation?

And last of all, WRT criticizing JP for failing to capitalize on the Whitner INT, he did.  The refs however flagged Royal for a foul and the Bills couldn't convert 3rd and 2.

But hey, how about that Bledsoe yesterday?

769880[/snapback]

I've been meaning to say this same thing all day!!!

The 2points was meaningless at that point .....Furthermore I would rather have him free kick than kick from the back of the endzone.....it's also quite possible that Big Dickey J has him step out of the endzone give the saftey and try to get a better kick off from the 15 which is what basicly happened ......its a moot point when the D can't stop them and get the ball back.......

By the way Bledsoe was great yesterday........

FOR JACKSONVILLE!!!!!!!

I'm telling you guys, I saw it yesterday in New England and I'll be saying it at the end of the year. Our team played with heart, and while I recognize the need for venting, keep an eye on our team. We played a good offensive line and two good backs (that Rick James lookin mo'fo from New England can roll) with our new defensive system and did alright. Not great, but ok.

If the benchmark is perfection, we screwed the pooch.

If the benchmark is 90s K-Gun offensive explosivery (a made up word but I'm using it in the proper context here), we sucked eggs.

If the benchmark is number one defense in the league, we blow chunks.

If, however, the benchmark is a team that played with heart and played to win but was outmatched/out manned, well, we hit the benchmark. It's not time to annoint them as "competitive" or "scrappy" or whatever, but I enjoyed yesterdays game more than virtually any win from last season. I liked most of what I saw from JP yesterday, and the safety aside he had a decent day. I liked alot of what I saw out of the defense, but they came up short, especially on the 93 yard drive that nevery should have been. And, I liked the coaching for the most part, I liked the plan, and it appeared the players like the plan as well.

Week One, so far, so good.

disclaimer-if the Bills totally suck the rest of the year, someone stole my password.

DVRs are cool. :angry:

Just for yucks, I went back and replayed that series:

1st down: Incomplete to Evans. Losman grabs his left knee and gets up limping. Simms suggests Seymour's pressure forced JP to hold the ball too long.

2nd down: You guys were right; Seymour is obviously offsides. McGahee for -1.

3rd down: ball snapped at 8:39. Gandy barely lays a hand on Banta-Cain; he and Losman cross the goal line in a dead heat. On the other side, Colvin is circling around Peters. First contact (Banta-Cain) at 8:37. Losman evades him, but by this time, Villarrial is futilely trying to catch Warren, who has beaten him to the outside. Losman on the ground at 8:35.

Two seconds before he has to duck the first guy. Not sure he could've come straight forward, either, because that's right where Fowler was losing his block on Wilfork. (Kudos to Reyes on this play; his man, Seymour, was the only rusher NOT to make it into the end zone by the time Losman was down.)

Two friggin' seconds.

1st down: Incomplete to Evans. Losman grabs his left knee and gets up limping. Simms suggests Seymour's pressure forced JP to hold the ball too long.

3rd down: ball snapped at 8:39. Gandy barely lays a hand on Banta-Cain; he and Losman cross the goal line in a dead heat. On the other side, Colvin is circling around Peters. First contact (Banta-Cain) at 8:37. Losman evades him, but by this time, Villarrial is futilely trying to catch Warren, who has beaten him to the outside. Losman on the ground at 8:35.

Two seconds before he has to duck the first guy. Not sure he could've come straight forward, either, because that's right where Fowler was losing his block on Wilfork. (Kudos to Reyes on this play; his man, Seymour, was the only rusher NOT to make it into the end zone by the time Losman was down.)

Two friggin' seconds.

Yep, exactly what I saw.

Would a shorter drop have helped? Did you see any WR's open quick enough?

Exactly, people still B word about Losman being inexperienced, and young, and to just give him time to develop.

Its his 3rd year in the NFL, This is do or die for him.

He still looks like an average to below average starter.

769712[/snapback]

3rd year but he's only played in 14 NFL games. To me he looks like a typical inexperienced QB. In he has his ups and downs with more downs thus far but given time I think he's going to be above average but never great perhaps like Mark Brunell.

Two friggin' seconds.

770220[/snapback]

so it was the entire line that collapsed.

lori, could you do a huge favor and take a look at the 4th and 1? I think the line got blasted back and willis had to look for a hole, and by the time one opened, the outside LB has snagged him. thanks in advance.

JP was the man yesterday. If the O-line had done their jobs, hell if the ST'S had done their jobs, this probably would have been a different outcome.

The defense I'm willing to give a pass to given that they had 2 rookie more or less starting at DT, and had another 3 rookies playing most of the game due to ineffectiveness (Wire) or injury (Spikes and Vincent). Those guys were thrust into some tough spots and they did pretty well.

lori, could you do a huge favor and take a look at the 4th and 1? I think the line got blasted back and willis had to look for a hole, and by the time one opened, the outside LB has snagged him. thanks in advance.

770231[/snapback]

That's pretty much what happened, although Fowler is the only one I would say was "blasted back" by about two yards into the backfield. It looked like that's where Willis was heading, but he needed to sidestep that pile where Fowler and his guy were. He started to an opening on his right, which was the only place he could go because to the right of that was blocked off by Peters and his man. As soon as he started scooting into the opening, the unblocked backside linebacker came flying in and nailed him and brought him down. As he was going down he stretched for the first, and it's inconclusive whether his knee was down before the ball reached across the 1st down marker. Not sure what he could have done different, nor what anyone else could have done any better.

Far as I'm concerned, you could use that play as an example to define "jailbreak".

770231[/snapback]

No prob.

Line of scrimmage just inside the 7; first-down marker just outside the 6. By the time McGahee takes the handoff at the 11, CV/Peters/Everett/Shelton are walling off the left side of the NE line... but Wilfork is laying on top of Fowler between the 8 and 9. (Backup DE Mike Wright got good push vs. Reyes, as well.) That left Don Davis a clear path to come through untouched and make the tackle.

Yep, exactly what I saw.

Would a shorter drop have helped?  Did you see any WR's open quick enough?

Tough to tell from the TV feed, but on 3rd-and-11, there wouldn't have been time for anyone to get near the first-down marker before JP was feelin' the heat. Probably would've been better off running up the white flag on that series: hand the ball off and try to get Moorman some more room. (But then, NE ends up with a short field anyway. Pick your poison.)

One of those deals where, as soon as you see the ref marching the penalty off inside the 10 and the crowd noise approaching jet-plane level, you just KNOW it's not going to end well...

I think its time to state the obvious...  the Bills played held and shoulders above what anyone expected.  They hung with the Pats in Foxboro, well enough to actually win the game.  However, due to a number of bad calls/bad bounces; we lost. 

I see the game as a positive that we can build on.  If we win the next 2 games (something that definitely seems likely after yesterday's better than expected play), we're suddenly 2-1 and then the season has a whole new light on it.

769659[/snapback]

this man is a genious. he is the only one on this whole board to mention the implications of this game on the rest of the season. WE MIGHT WIN SOME GAMES cause we can actually play! god i feel like its the first time ever. and personally, i think the only reason we lost was because the NFL and the rest of the country wants to see New England win, not Buffalo. hense the BS play calling throughout the entire game. there is no way the pats never fouled. i counted at lease six times we brought pressure to Brady in the second half and would have sacked him had there not been blatene holding. yet not a single flag! NOT A ONE!!!!!!!! ahhh i hate the NFL. but at the same time i love it. so confused :angry: