Coaching costs us a win

zonabb

Anyone in a position of leadership knows that when you have made good progress and exceeded expectations, you need to protect your team, be it in the corporate world or the sports world.

So in my field, when we're exceeding expectations on a project (ie, under budget), you don't through you team under the bus by making stupid managerial decisions. You take the low lying fruit and move on. So going for a 4th down deep in Patriots territory up 10 was ridiculous. The Pats drove the length of the field and ended the game right there. Time was the only thing left to watch pass. Jauron costs his team a huge chance to start this season off with a win and gain major confidence. When you're the underdog with a young team, you can't to make stupid decisions.

BTW, am I the only on seeing penalties on the Pats lines? Early on Tripplett was tackled on a play with no call?

0-1 and on to Miami.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that is why you do not hire a LOSER as your head coach because they LOSE!

You never give up points on the road! I told my wife that 4th down decision would cost us and it did! Great job Juron!

and am I to believe that NE committed NO penalties? come on

You take the low lying fruit and move on. So going for a 4th down deep in Patriots territory up 10 was ridiculous. 

767418[/snapback]

Bears fans wouldn't believe it if they saw the tape, they would figure it was some CGI trick.

I woulda' done it too.

Anyone in a position of leadership knows that when you have made good progress and exceeded expectations, you need to protect your team, be it in the corporate world or the sports world.

So in my field, when we're exceeding expectations on a project (ie, under budget), you don't through you team under the bus by making stupid managerial decisions. You take the low lying fruit and move on. So going for a 4th down deep in Patriots territory up 10 was ridiculous. The Pats drove the length of the field and ended the game right there. Time was the only thing left to watch pass. Jauron costs his team a huge chance to start this season off with a win and gain major confidence. When you're the underdog with a young team, you can't to make stupid decisions.

BTW, am I the only on seeing penalties on the Pats lines? Early on Tripplett was tackled on a play with no call?

0-1 and on to Miami.

767418[/snapback]

Protect your team? Protect them by telling them they are not good enbough to get a yard? Please

You guys have to be kidding me...

Dick Jauron was trying to teach a young team, that no one thinks can win, how to stick the dagger into the heart of an opponent (one we were supposed to have NO CHANCE of beating) on the ground. If it would have worked, it would have been brilliant.

It did turn the tide; we had our chances to make it up, but Special Teams cost us a game (did I just say that?).

I would have gone for it too. You never take points off the board, but there were no points on the board to take off. They may not have scored anyway. There WERE a number of hometown calls that went against the Bills but they played well beyond my expectations. I would have liked a win but...it's only one loss. The REAL penalties were very few and there are many bright spots, including JP who has proven that he can handle the pressure.

Refs as usual. Illegal block on Royal?!?!?!?!

767436[/snapback]

It was an illegal block, right where the play was happening and right in front of 2 refs.

That isn't why we lost the game. we couldn't stop the run, period. Our LBers on the edge couldn't get off blocks, fill the holes, and the safties were all terrible in supporting the run today. Period. On top of that the DL wasn't containing the blockers to keep them off the LBers. It was a team effort to lose.

I agree that is why you do not hire a LOSER as your head coach because they LOSE!

You never give up points on  the road!  I told my wife that 4th down decision would cost us and it did!  Great job Juron!

and am I to believe that NE committed NO penalties?  come on

767525[/snapback]

You nuts. He made the right the call. You go for it and put the Patriots away. The Bills had all the momentum and 1 yard from your rb is not to much to ask of him or your o-line.

0-1 and on to Miami.

767418[/snapback]

Well, that didn't happen..........coaching did not cost us this game. Not one thing did. But, 1 thing for sure did not, and that is coaching. Great call going for it on 4th and 1.

Bullschitt.

This game was better coached than we've seen in 5 years. The difference in this game was the tickytack penalty calls in key situations. Two key penalties changed this game, and at least one of them was VERY suspicious. They were late flags, and game-changing plays. That first down by peerless...block in the back? WTF - Royal's push was away from the catch and the guy was sideways! It was a bullschitt call and it changed the game.

Bullschitt.

This game was better coached than we've seen in 5 years. The difference in this game was the tickytack penalty calls in key situations. Two key penalties changed this game, and at least one of them was VERY suspicious. They were late flags, and game-changing plays. That first down by peerless...block in the back? WTF - Royal's push was away from the catch and the guy was sideways! It was a bullschitt call and it changed the game.

767632[/snapback]

What game did you watch. It happen just before the guy was tackling Price.