Fuggin Miami

nodnarb

Gee, did the NFL want to write itself a Saban story? I've watched a lotta ESPN leading up to this season and if I see any more of Trey Wingo's and Sean Salisbury's jiz running down Saban's face I'm never gonna watch NFL Live again. I'm sick of their bandwagoning and ass kissing. Look at the marshmallow schedule they gave them:

Sep 7 @Pittsburgh WITHOUT BEN AND HINES

Sep 17 Buffalo Please God...

Sep 24 Tennessee This team will suck again. Lock.

Oct 1 @Houston Yawn.

Oct 8 @New England Their only toughie.

Oct 15 @N.Y. Jets By this time, Pennington's arm will be ennoodled.

Oct 22 Green Bay Favre will have thrown 20 INTs by now.

Week 8 BYE

Nov 5 @Chicago I don't think Chi is going to repeat.

Nov 12 Kansas City The KC offense will NOT be the same this year.

Nov 19 Minnesota First year offense/defense

Nov 23 @Detroit First year offense/defense

Dec 3 Jacksonville They never were all that good

Dec 10 New England Their second toughie

Dec 17 @Buffalo Hopefully we'll be playing for something

Dec 25 N.Y. Jets Cuz the Jets certainly won't be by now

Dec 31 @Indianapolis Getting Indy week 17 is the biggest gift. There won't be a single starter on the field all day.

I don't see how the fuggin marine mammals fail to win 11.

Gee, did the NFL want to write itself a Saban story? I've watched a lotta ESPN leading up to this season and if I see any more of Trey Wingo's and Sean Salisbury's jiz running down Saban's face I'm never gonna watch NFL Live again. I'm sick of their bandwagoning and ass kissing. Look at the marshmallow schedule they gave them:

Oct 1 @Houston Yawn.

Week 8 BYE

Dec 31 @Indianapolis Getting Indy week 17 is the biggest gift. There won't be a single starter on the field all day.

763606[/snapback]

Nearly the same schedule as Buffalo. What's to complain about? Let the games begin!

Nearly the same schedule as Buffalo. What's to complain about?  Let the games begin!

763610[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing - besides our divisional games, the AFC East plays the NFC North and the AFC South. Besides those common opponents, we get San Diego and Baltimore (on New Year's Eve), they get KC and have to open at Pittsburgh - and I'm pretty sure the NFL couldn't have anticipated Rothlisberger's appendectomy or Ward's hamstring.

Hey, I hate the Dolphins as much as any Bills fan, but I was actually thinking that the Bills have a pretty good schedule.

19 and 0 baby! ;)

Probably not, since this schedule has been determined since 2002.

763613[/snapback]

Definitely true, but you'd have to think Indy in week 17 is much better than Indy in week whatever. I'd think it wsa a wild conspiracy theory too if I hadn't seen stojan like that going on for years with the fish.

Your boys have only been getting the good calls for 6 years or so, the fish have been at the top of the nice list since shula ruled the competition committee.

Meanwhile, the Bills open with road/road divisions games and catch miami off an extra rest (again).

they wont win 11 games because they have a track record of late season collapses when they have a shot at the playoffs. Last year was kind of different because they had no pressure to win at 3-7 and went on a little run.

I expect them to start off hot and then have an inexplicable collapse. finish around 9-7 again after starting like 8-3....

Miami's going to lose tonight, roethlisberger or no roelthilberger.

Last I checked, Roethlisberger doesn't play defense. And Pitt's defense is still pretty damn good. Miami's running a Mularkey offense. On the Road. Against an aggressive defense.

Think about it.

Definitely true, but you'd have to think Indy in week 17 is much better than Indy in week whatever.  I'd think it wsa a wild conspiracy theory too if I hadn't seen stojan like that going on for years with the fish.

763657[/snapback]

Or it could simply be that the NFL wanted to have some premere matchups late in the season with two potential playoffs teams going at it...

Miami's going to lose tonight, roethlisberger or no roelthilberger.

Last I checked, Roethlisberger doesn't play defense. And Pitt's defense is still pretty damn good. Miami's running a Mularkey offense. On the Road. Against an aggressive defense.

Think about it.

763828[/snapback]

I'll be very curious as to how Batch will perform tonight, but the reality is, he is not a bad quarterback and he should have no problem managing the game tonight for Pittsburgh. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go play action in their first series and go deep, if for no other reason than to screw up Miami, who likely is expecting a night of dink-n-dunks and lots-o-runnin'.

Oct 1 @Houston Yawn.

Week 8 BYE

763606[/snapback]

The BB and MD have almos the exact same schedule.

The BB and MD have almos the exact same schedule.

763942[/snapback]

Yea yea I know, and I stand corrected on WHEN the schedule was originally set in terms of matchups, but WHEN you play those matchups is key. when I saw that they got indy in week 17, it tipped me over.

That was a gift. Giftwrapped to Nick Saban by the NFL.