Bless Me Father for I Have Sinned...

PTS

Sure this team has sucked for what feels like an eternity and it probably will suck again this year but I abandoned them and wished them nothing but the worst last season. I did something a true fan should never do. However, I had a HUGE beef with the old administration and what they did to our team. They tainted my love for the Bills.

The stentch of TD has almost wore off but I still have a beef with Ralph as I think he is the sole reason we haven't done much in the past decade. However, I'm starting to feel good about this group (Marv & Company).

Marv knows how to win and althought he might not be the greatest pick for GM, he deserves a chance. He makes people around him better. Hopefully that translates all the way down into the field.

That being said, I'm back on the bandwagon. I don't expect much this season so anything over five wins will be great, but win or lose, I won't completely fall off the wagon this time. Well, as long as Satan himself doesn't return.

These are my sins, I am truly sorry for having sinned against you.

eeew.. you are the kind of fan I don't like. I bet you are mad we won that Bengals game. shame on you.

763156[/snapback]

To be honest, I don't think I even remember watching that game or even caring what happened. My hatred for all things TD spilled over into the team itself.

There's nothing wrong with being a Born-Again Bills Fan.

To be honest, I don't think I even remember watching that game or even caring what happened. My hatred for all things TD spilled over into the team itself.

763167[/snapback]

Nothing wrong at all. Just remember, when you're watching the game on Sunday and someone turns to you and says "How long have you been a Bills fan," just be honest and answer "Since last Wednesday."

763167[/snapback]

You're just jumping on the bandwagon because the Bills are the chic pick to win the Superbowl this year.

Nothing wrong at all. Just remember, when you're watching the game on Sunday and someone turns to you and says "How long have you been a Bills fan," just be honest and answer "Since last Wednesday."

763172[/snapback]

Exactly. And at least you've jumped back on the bandwagon before they've actually done anything. For that you deserve some credit.

Sure this team has sucked for what feels like an eternity and it probably will suck again this year but I abandoned them and wished them nothing but the worst last season. I did something a true fan should never do. However, I had a HUGE beef with the old administration and what they did to our team. They tainted my love for the Bills.

763147[/snapback]

I can understand. Somewhere in the TBD archives (11/03 or thereabouts) there is a post in which I state that I was boycotting the Bills until Greg Williams was gone. That was my last post until the other day.

I didn't abandon the Bills, mind you--beginning in 2004, I watched practically every game faithfully--; I just chose not to post.

Funny. No one seemed to miss me.

763172[/snapback]

And that's the reason I have your qoute in my sig...

Leave if you must, but your fan clock starts ticking when you come back. - LABillzFan 6/12/2006

I can understand. Somewhere in the TBD archives (11/03 or thereabouts) there is a post in which I state that I was boycotting the Bills until Greg Williams was gone. That was my last post until the other day.

I didn't abandon the Bills, mind you--beginning in 2004, I watched practically every game faithfully--; I just chose not to post.

763201[/snapback]

The team missed you. I heard them discussing this week that their motivation against the Patriots on Sunday is "to win one for the Zipper."

(I don't know where I'll be then, doc, but I won't smell good. That's for sure.)

763201[/snapback]

Appropriate Response

Hey, man, you never answered my question in another thread: how much did you pay for your new HD DVR???

763200[/snapback]

Sorry, I must've forgotten to go back and check that thread. I'm paying $200, which includes installation of the new dish. Since I'm actually adding a new DVR it didn't classify as a replacement, or I think they would have given it to me for free. The rep tried to do it anyway but I received a free HD DVR upgrade earlier in the year and she said the system wouldn't allow me to receive two freebies in the same year. I don't know if that was b.s. or not, but it's still a good deal.

Sorry, I must've forgotten to go back and check that thread.  I'm paying $200, which includes installation of the new dish.  Since I'm actually adding a new DVR it didn't classify as a replacement, or I think they would have given it to me for free.  The rep tried to do it anyway but I received a free HD DVR upgrade earlier in the year and she said the system wouldn't allow me to receive two freebies in the same year.  I don't know if that was b.s. or not, but it's still a good deal.

763210[/snapback]

Two bills for the new Hidef DVR? Man, I thought that thing would cost about five bills. You got it from DirecTV???

Hey, man, you never answered my question in another thread: how much did you pay for your new HD DVR???

763200[/snapback]

Sorry, didn't see it. It's $199 but you get $100 back over 10 months on your bill.

OPPS: Now I see the question wasn't directed toward me. Funny, but that's what I spent on a HD DVR from Dish last weekend.

The stentch of TD has almost wore off but I still have a beef with Ralph as I think he is the sole reason we haven't done much in the past decade. However, I'm starting to feel good about this group (Marv & Company).

Marv knows how to win and althought he might not be the greatest pick for GM, he deserves a chance. He makes people around him better. Hopefully that translates all the way down into the field.

That being said, I'm back on the bandwagon. I don't expect much this season so anything over five wins will be great, but win or lose, I won't completely fall off the wagon this time. Well, as long as Satan himself doesn't return.

763147[/snapback]

Sorry, but this is lame.

The thing that seperates Bills Fans from others is the fact that we will never quit.

During his confirmation hearings, the AP reported that Chief Justice Roberts is a Bills Fan. Has this ever happened before?

Bill Fans are different. Even the rich and famous Bills Fans have an element of blue collar.

It is both happy and sad that there are so many out of town fans. Sad in the sense that I can feel the pain of various posters who feel as if (or were in fact) forced out of a reigon that they love for economic reasons. Happy in that the devotion remains intact, if not strengthened.

Bills Fans are little guys who stand together and take on the bigger world. We win some, and lately we lose even more, but we are still here; still fighting. Yeah, we bicker, but we are a tight group.

I will never turn my back on the Bills nor Bills Fans until I am dead. This must sound crazy, perhaps even banal, but so be it.

If the Bills make the superbowl in my lifetime, I will not try to go and see the game. I will watch it in WNY, and I am bringing my friends, and family of Bills Fans.

We will be taking the streets if they win.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: Welcome back! ;)