Bills sign offensive lineman for PS

Kelly the Dog

The Bills named their eighth and final player to the practice squad Tuesday, signing offensive lineman Robin Meadow. The former rookie free agent had been with Baltimore through the preseason. “They didn’t work me out,” said Meadow. “I guess they liked what they saw on tape of me playing although I didn’t get a lot of time in the preseason.

http://admin.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4105

Robin Meadow  Grade: 3.1  Position: T Class: 5Sr

School: Washington Conference: Pacific-10 Ht., Wt.: 6-5, 324 40 Time: 5.42

BIO: Two-year starter at strong-side tackle.

POSITIVES: High-energy lineman with solid size/speed numbers. Plays with good pad level, quick in all aspects of the game and is fundamentally sound. Jolts opponents at the point, makes effective use of blocking and seals defenders from the play. Keeps his head on a swivel and immediately picks up stunts or twists.

NEGATIVES: Lacks top footwork and blocking range. Must learn to finish blocks rather than clutch and lean on defenders. Lacks balance and is on the ground too much.

ANALYSIS: Possessing upside for the next level, Meadow is back-up material who should only improve as he adds bulk and strength to his frame.

PROJECTION: Undrafted Free Agent 

From his CNN predraft bio.

and here's a link to his Ravens bio page, talk about looking like death worn over.

Its weird how every time I read "high-motor" or "high energy" I immediately think "white".

I like that he's versatile though, experience at the college level with the OT and OG positions.  Worth a PS spot.

762396[/snapback]

"High motor" is what we say about guys that try hard and lack some talent. When the whistle blows, take a look at the few guys that are still runing around on a given play. Those are the high motor guys, trying to catch up.

"High motor" is what we say about guys that try hard and lack some talent.  When the whistle blows, take a look at the few guys that are still runing around on a given play.  Those are the high motor guys, trying to catch up.

762523[/snapback]

Coy Wire - couldn't resist.