Just watched tape of game starting at 6:50 of 1st

First off, anyone claiming that Bledsoe had anything more than a MINOR part in the loss, has their head up their ass. He was amazing today with a few miscues (Moulds was responsible for the INT as he made the same mistake later in the game) like missing a open Reed on the opening drive for what MIGHT have been a TD (assuming Josh catches it). However he was ON most of the day, got rid of it quickly, and outside of the 3 sacks on the final drive which meant nothing since the game was essentially over, he wasn't responsible for ANY of the other 4 sacks, with the possible exception of the 1-yard sack which was no big deal. The others were the fault of Smith for tripping him, McGahee for missing a block, and Henry for !@#$ing up the play on the fumble. I was watching the game tape remembering what people here said about him, and wondered if I was watching an old game or something.

Second of all, and THIS is the part that has me PISSED, the refs !@#$ed the Bills out of 19 points. Yes folks, 19 points. The first was on the Pats' FG drive where they called a stevestojan RTP call on Fletcher (yet when Vrabel spins Bledsoe down after a whistle is blown for a false start, nothing). The next was when Kevin Thomas downed the ball at the 2 yard line and on the first play Brady stood in the endzone (holding the ball too long but guess what? No one got near him for at least 5 seconds), couldn't find anyone, and while in the pocket threw the ball out of bounds and way over the receiver's head. That's intentional grounding and a safety. The next was on the Pats' TD drive before the half, where Givens fumbles the ball without being touched. And the last was Dillon's fumble on the Pats' last TD drive. I know some will talk about the "blatant hold" on Moorman's run on the Bills' 1st TD drive, but the Bills player had his hands inside the Pats player's shoulders, and that's legal. Even if you were to take that out, that's still 12 points. Other things I noticed were Givens getting away with offensive pass interference and Rodney Harrison getting away with hitting a defenseless receiver (Neufeld).

Remember folks, this was a team that lost Vincent at the beginning of the game (McGee got toasted by Patten good), Teague at the start of the 2nd quarter, and Jennings 10 minutes into the 3rd quarter. But what do we get? A big fat loss. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, anyone claiming that Bledsoe had anything more than a MINOR part in the loss, has their head up their ass.  He was amazing today with a few miscues (Moulds was responsible for the INT as he made the same mistake later in the game) like missing a open Reed on the opening drive for what MIGHT have been a TD (assuming Josh catches it).  However he was ON most of the day, got rid of it quickly, and outside of the 3 sacks on the final drive which meant nothing since the game was essentially over, he wasn't responsible for ANY of the other 4 sacks, with the possible exception of the 1-yard sack which was no big deal.  The others were the fault of Smith for tripping him, McGahee for missing a block, and Henry for !@#$ing up the play on the fumble.  I was watching the game tape remembering what people here said about him, and wondered if I was watching an old game or something.

Second of all, and THIS is the part that has me PISSED, the refs !@#$ed the Bills out of 19 points.  Yes folks, 19 points.  The first was on the Pats' FG drive where they called a stevestojan RTP call on Fletcher (yet when Vrabel spins Bledsoe down after a whistle is blown for a false start, nothing).  The next was when Kevin Thomas downed the ball at the 2 yard line and on the first play Brady stood in the endzone (holding the ball too long but guess what?  No one got near him for at least 5 seconds), couldn't find anyone, and while in the pocket threw the ball out of bounds and way over the receiver's head.  That's intentional grounding and a safety.  The next was on the Pats' TD drive before the half, where Givens fumbles the ball without being touched.  And the last was Dillon's fumble on the Pats' last TD drive.  I know some will talk about the "blatant hold" on Moorman's run on the Bills' 1st TD drive, but the Bills player had his hands inside the Pats player's shoulders, and that's legal.  Even if you were to take that out, that's still 12 points.  Other things I noticed were Givens getting away with offensive pass interference and Rodney Harrison getting away with hitting a defenseless receiver (Neufeld).

Remember folks, this was a team that lost Vincent at the beginning of the game (McGee got toasted by Patten good), Teague at the start of the 2nd quarter, and Jennings 10 minutes into the 3rd quarter.  But what do we get?  A big fat loss. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

55080[/snapback]

He did play well for most of the game......but what did he do when the game was on the line at the end?

Yeah....the protection was bad....but to fumble that damn ball away like that when we are driving just broke the teams back.......

He did play well for most of the game......but what did he do when the game was on the line at the end?

Yeah....the protection was bad....but to fumble that damn ball away like that when we are driving just broke the teams back.......

55083[/snapback]

You're kidding, right? He drove that team down the field with precision on that drive. If not for Henry stumbling on the 3rd down play just before, and then !@#$ing up the play on the naked bootleg (he was supposed go the other way and block Bruschi), it wouldn't have come down to Bledsoe getting sacked and fumbling. I can't blame Henry since he played well most of the game, but that sequence was all his fault.

You're kidding, right? He drove that team down the field with precision on that drive. If not for Henry stumbling on the 3rd down play just before, and then !@#$ing up the play on the naked bootleg (he was supposed go the other way and block Bruschi), it wouldn't have come down to Bledsoe getting sacked and fumbling.

I am sick of "if's" with Drew. I want to hear did, will do and is doing

Wow, Mad, we see things alike!

DB played very well today. I knew he would take 100% of the blame so that is no surprise.

That personal foul on London was a joke! His helmet never made contact with Marsha's body.

Moreover, Dillon fumbled again in their own red zone but it was ruled down by contact.

I could go on about the zebra's blatant cheating today but I just don't got the time.

I will admit that DB overthrew Josh on that drive where we scored the 1st FG. Reed was wide open. This was the only mistake he made on the day. Drew's INT was Eric's fault and you could tell by the coaching staff's reaction on the sideline soon after!

The Pat's first TD was a result of zero blocking by Sam and Pat who allowed Dillon to walk in from 15 yards untouched!

Moreover, Wire was responsible for 2 TD's all by his lonesome! Freakin pathetic!!!! :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Coy!

We couldn't stop the Panties mediocre passing game.

BTW, we didn't run TH nearly enough! He was amassing great yards and was almost close to breaking a few tackles for even longer gains.

Drew's INT was Eric's fault and you could tell by the coaching staff's reaction on the sideline soon after!

55139[/snapback]

Everyone keeps saying it was Moulds fault...but this is pure speculation. It may have been his fault, it may have been Drew's fault...we just don't know.

And let's just say Moulds did run the wrong route...Drew still threw the ball into triple coverage...there were 3 defenders right there, even if Moulds had run the right route Drew never should have thrown that ball.

Wow, Mad, we see things alike!...

I agree 100% with everything you said. And yes, everyone wants to conveniently pin the loss on Bledsoe when that missed TD to Reed (who probably would have dropped it anyway) and laying-out Neufeld (on what should have been a personal foul on Harrison for hitting a defenseless receiver) were his only mistakes.

I agree 100% with everything you said.  And yes, everyone wants to conveniently pin the loss on Bledsoe when that missed TD to Reed (who probably would have dropped it anyway) and laying-out Neufeld (on what should have been a personal foul on Harrison for hitting a defenseless receiver) were his only mistakes.

55219[/snapback]

We've lost another game with him as our starting QB, he does nothing to "pick up" his teammates. Brady's teammates put him in a 1st and 35 hole, what did he do about it? When's the last time Drew's been a bigger part of the solution, then the problem?

We've lost another game with him as our starting QB,  he does nothing to "pick up" his teammates.  Brady's teammates put him in a 1st and 35 hole,  what did he do about it?  When's the last time Drew's been a bigger part of the solution,  then the problem?

55229[/snapback]

What a crock of stevestojan. Brady's teammates KNOW THEIR !@#$ING JOBS, that's the difference. Their RB wouldn't have stumbled on that 3rd down (and if he had, the zebras would have called some stevestojan foul on the Bills anyway), or missed his assignment on that 4th down. But hey, that's Drew's fault that his teammates !@#$ up. Give me a break. :lol:

What a crock of stevestojan.  Brady's teammates KNOW THEIR !@#$ING JOBS, that's the difference.  Their RB wouldn't have stumbled on that 3rd down (and if he had, the zebras would have called some stevestojan foul on the Bills anyway), or missed his assignment on that 4th down.  But hey, that's Drew's fault that his teammates !@#$ up.  Give me a break. :lol:

55239[/snapback]

Did you even read what I wrote? Get a clue. BTW, you never answered my question.

You're kidding, right?  He drove that team down the field with precision on that drive.  If not for Henry stumbling on the 3rd down play just before, and then !@#$ing up the play on the naked bootleg (he was supposed go the other way and block Bruschi), it wouldn't have come down to Bledsoe getting sacked and fumbling.  I can't blame Henry since he played well most of the game, but that sequence was all his fault.

55096[/snapback]

Precision??? you mean he rode Travis' back on that drive.

couldn't find anyone, and while in the pocket threw the ball out of bounds and way over the receiver's head.

-----------------------------------------------------

it was still "in the vicinity....

I know some will talk about the "blatant hold" on Moorman's run on the Bills' 1st TD drive, but the Bills player had his hands inside the Pats player's shoulders, and that's legal.

--------------------------------

it's not legal to hold the jersey with both hands in a death grip.

:angry::lol::):doh::(

55083[/snapback]

It was 4th down anyway. Given how the play was blown (apparently by Henry), he wasn't going to make the first down so what is the difference? The Pats would have had the ball at about the 25 yard line with 2 minutes left and we had only one time out. Best case scenario is we hold them 3 and out and get the ball back with no timeouts, less than a minute to play and needing to go about 75 yards to tie it.

Bledsoe had a mistake or two today but he also made some great passes and was smart with the football. What few mistakes he had pale in comparison to:

Henry falling on 3rd and 2 with a gaping hole in front of him.

Baker jumping off sides on the FG attempt that gave the Pats a TD.

Moulds dropping one pass and drawing a 15 yard PF.

Henry blowing the 4th down play on the fake handoff.

Wire getting burned repeatedly.

Fletcher's two PF's.

Smith's holding call on a 3rd and one that we had made deep in Pat territory.

Reed dropping what would have been a first down pass on 3rd and whatever.

Coaches calling a naked bootleg for Drew.

Referees who blew several calls, most notably Dillon's second fumble and several late hits by the PATs that didn't draw flags.

Drew is not the problem with this team. Stupid mistakes, a safety that might as well be invisible, zero pass rush and continued blown assignments on the O-line are killing us. At least once a game, our best players (Moulds, Fletcher and Henry) do something that hurts bad. Remember Moulds' fumble against the Jags? How many has he dropped this year? Twice yesterday he cut the wrong way, he drops another and pulls a 15 yard penalty. If your leaders are screwing up like that, what do you expect from guys like Baker and Smith?

It was 4th down anyway.  Given how the play was blown (apparently by Henry), he wasn't going to make the first down so what is the difference?  The Pats would have had the ball at about the 25 yard line with 2 minutes left and we had only one time out.  Best case scenario is we hold them 3 and out and get the ball back with no timeouts, less than a minute to play and needing to go about 75 yards to tie it. 

Bledsoe had a mistake or two today but he also made some great passes and was smart with the football.  What few mistakes he had pale in comparison to:

Henry falling on 3rd and 2 with a gaping hole in front of him.

Baker jumping off sides on the FG attempt that gave the Pats a TD.

Moulds dropping one pass and drawing a 15 yard PF.

Henry blowing the 4th down play on the fake handoff.

Wire getting burned repeatedly.

Fletcher's two PF's.

Smith's holding call on a 3rd and one that we had made deep in Pat territory.

Reed dropping what would have been a first down pass on 3rd and whatever.

Coaches calling a naked bootleg for Drew.

Referees who blew several calls, most notably Dillon's second fumble and several late hits by the PATs that didn't draw flags.

Drew is not the problem with this team.  Stupid mistakes, a safety that might as well be invisible, zero pass rush and continued blown assignments on the O-line are killing us.  At least once a game, our best players (Moulds, Fletcher and Henry) do something that hurts bad.  Remember Moulds' fumble against the Jags?  How many has he dropped this year?  Twice yesterday he cut the wrong way, he drops another and pulls a 15 yard penalty.  If your leaders are screwing up like that, what do you expect from guys like Baker and Smith?

55362[/snapback]

Amen!!!