Here's most of the cuts from around the league.

Tipster19

No he wouldn't.  And we haven't seen Denney in this style of defense.

760272[/snapback]

i beg to differ. we may not have seen what denney could do in this style of defense, but he won't ever be anything but a rotational DE

even without my Penn State blinders on i can see that Haynes is an improvement.

with my Penn State blinders on i see Schoebel/Haynes causing havoc for opposing QBs :wub:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Haynes a DT? By the way, I did't see any cuts from Baltimore either.

I still think that the Bills need help in the middle and Haynes is a young player. As far as his ability and character goes, I don't have an accurate gauge.

If I'm not mistaken, Houston has the first waiver claim right. Any input on this would be appreciated.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Haynes a DT? By the way, I did't see any cuts from Baltimore either.

I still think that the Bills need help in the middle and Haynes is a young player. As far as his ability and character goes, I don't have an accurate gauge.

If I'm not mistaken, Houston has the first waiver claim right. Any input on this would be appreciated.

760340[/snapback]

Haynes was drafted as a DE. The Bears moved him from DE to DT last year.

I think it would be a good pick up. He may even have some interest in joining the Bills w/ DJ as his coach.

calico has great talent, fast, strong, compared to TO, however just never got there. Mostly to injuries, I had him really high in the draft a few years ago.

We all loved Michael haynes several years, there was even talk about moving up to get him, we got McGahee and Kelsay instead. I think he could still be hungry and has something to prove. he woldn't be an improvement to Denney, or kelsay, he is to Powell, however I recall reading a Bears post on their site, joking that they should trade him to Buffalo. here's a list I'd be interested, assuming they are healthy:

FB Fred Beasley

DT Chad Lavalais-cover 2 style DT

OL Steve Edwards

T Rob Petitti

OT Kelly Butler-once start, sure it was Det

WR Charles Rogers

WR Darius Watts

DL Kenny Peterson

FB Nick Luchey

T Seth Wand

T Wayne Hunter-great athlete coming from the islands

DE Carlos Hall

DL Eddie Freeman

TE Zack Hilton

WR Mike Hass

TE Joel Dreessen-why did the jets release him?

WR Jabar Gaffney

CB Matt Ware-cover 2 size

DT Orien Harris

QB Omar Jacobs-Holcomb as your 3rd, or a young player you could work with?

S Hanik Milligan-wasn't he a pro bowler For special teams

WR Edell Shepherd

G Toniu Fonoti-huge, could replace the V

LB Robert McCune-someone will pick him up.

I'm amazed at the amount of draft picks that were coveted by Bills fans (at BB.com) that we obviously didn't pick up, that were released.

Among them:

DT Babatunde Oshinowo

WR Mike Hass

OG Fred Matua

WR Devin Aromashodu

QB Omar Jacobs

DL Orien Harris

These were all guys that Bills fans were drooling over pre-draft. There's also a couple of other 2005 picks who had the same reaction who also got cut this year. I guess that's why we're the FANS, not the real talent evaluators, huh?

Also, you have to wonder: did T-Rac, the Titans mascot, cost Adrian McPherson his roster spot in NO?

One thing that Haynes does add is the ability to play DT. If we're playing four DTs in a rotation, there is a very good chance that one or more will be hurt at some point. If you can stick your fourth DE in there and not be killed, that's a valuable addition. I suppose that Denney could do it as he has played some DT on passing downs before. It depends ultimately on what they think of Powell. If they think he has some real talent and genuine promise, they'll keep him. If they feel that he was simply the best of the rest (between all the DEs and the DTs) then they may take a look at Haynes.

I'd love to pick up Tuniu Fonoti. He would be an upgrade at either guard spot. I bet he has an injury issue....... I like Beasly and Luchey at FB as well. Some other names who intrigue me are Freeman and Peterson at DT, and I suppose Chares Rogers, but he sound so much like a sissy.

No IND cuts. Odd...

760248[/snapback]

Indy Cuts

K Shane Andru

DE Waine Bacon

QB Josh Betts

DL Sweet Pea Burns

DB Tanard Davis

DE George Gause

LB Nick Hannah

TE Joey Hawkins

P Reggie Hodges

RB Tony Hollings

WR Ed Hinkel

LB Brandon Hoyte

CB Von Hutchins

OG Trevor Hutton

DT Tom Johnson

OL Bo Lacy

S Dexter Reid

LB Dale Robinson

OC Russ Tanner

OG Matt Ulrich

DE Jonathan Welsh

DT Marcus West.

btw, Haynes would be a good pickup.  He hasn't lived up to expectations but would be an improvement over Denney

760250[/snapback]

Have you read the reports from camp or seen the preseason games? The Ryan Denney of 2006 does not resemble earlier versions. This must be Ryan Denney 4.0. I think folks are going to be presently surprised with his contributions this season.

Indy Cuts

K Shane Andru

DE Waine Bacon

QB Josh Betts

DL Sweet Pea Burns

DB Tanard Davis

DE George Gause

LB Nick Hannah

TE Joey Hawkins

P Reggie Hodges

RB Tony Hollings

WR Ed Hinkel

LB Brandon Hoyte

CB Von Hutchins

OG Trevor Hutton

DT Tom Johnson

OL Bo Lacy

S Dexter Reid

LB Dale Robinson

OC Russ Tanner

OG Matt Ulrich

DE Jonathan Welsh

DT Marcus West.

760709[/snapback]

Wow, Sweet Pea got cut.

Haynes is a problem child, I am SO glad he didn't come here.

Bears | Haynes not happy being released

Sat, 2 Sep 2006 19:57:18 -0700

John Mullin, of the Chicago Tribune, reports former Chicago Bears DL Michael Haynes was not happy that he was released by the team Saturday, Sept. 2. "Lovie (head coach Smith) says I can't play in the system, but yet they won't trade me," Haynes said of the Bears' coach. "Think about that. Most teams, if you don't fit, trade you. Go figure. I've done everything they wanted me to do. They play me; they don't play me. They say in the off-season, go look for a trade, and then they're not going to trade me." Haynes was inactive for five games plus the playoffs last season when he was not playing in the defensive-line rotation or on special teams.

B word, B word, B word.

Blah, blah, blah.

I'd love to pick up Tuniu Fonoti. He would be an upgrade at either guard spot. I bet he has an injury issue....... I like Beasly and Luchey at FB as well. Some other names who intrigue me are Freeman and Peterson at DT, and I suppose Chares Rogers, but he sound so much like a sissy.

760508[/snapback]

Rogers has some off-field (see: possible substance abuse policy violation) baggage to go with his 2 broken collarbones and mediocre work ethic...