Nall will play most of game 4

kegtapr

I smell a trade in the works.

756271[/snapback]

Yeah, it looks like the writing is on the wall for Holcomb. How many back up QBs get so little work during the entire pre-season? It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Holcomb traded/cut and another QB brought in.

Dunno about Holcomb getting the boot. Nall missed a lot with his injury so perhaps a long look-see is in order, and KH is a known quantity - and IIRC,others have noted that his contract says keep 'em.

756311[/snapback]

Getting the outright boot, nope because as you said, he would cost more cut than if on the roster, however traded for next to nothing..could be. I would have to imagine the Raiders would be looking for someone like Holcomb to come to town with their circus behind center. It is very strange that the staff says it needs a better look at Nall and would not put Holcomb in when Nall has thrown 23 passes to Holcombs 9 attempts.

It would be very risky for the Bills to trade Holcomb, unless they picked up a veteran QB in return. Nothing against Nall, but he has very little experience in regular season games. For the Bills to go into the season without a veteren QB on the roster would be a mistake IMO.

If they are going to keep KH on the team, they should play him a bit next game. Rightly or wrongly this guy did start 8 games last season. It seems like he would take it as quite the slight if he saw such little action during the preseason and was suddenly third string.

He has not been complaining about Losman starting this season or last season, but I wonder how much he can take.

I think - by deliberately not playing KH - they're trying to divert attention from how much his skills have declined (29.2 rating) in the hopes that maybe - just maybe - they can salvage some sort of trade.

After all, that Marv is a freakin' genius...and hey, ya never know - sometimes a 5th round pick turns into Kyle Williams.

I thought it was odd that he got NO action in the last pre-season game.  To hear he's not going to see much, if any THIS weekend, plus the news that the Bills were inquiring about Kerry Collins, tells me he's gonna be moved.

756304[/snapback]

Where did you hear/read this? The only place I know of was on this wall in a fake-rumor joke post, that many took seriously.

Thanks...hadn't seen that. I don't believe it, though.

I hope we are looking at getting a vet for the #2 QB. I always thought Holcomb was a fine #2, but given the offense we'll be running, and his seemingly seriously degraded skills, I think it may be time for Kelly to go.

Thanks...hadn't seen that.  I don't believe it, though.

I hope we are looking at getting a vet for the #2 QB.  I always thought Holcomb was a fine #2, but given the offense we'll be running, and his seemingly seriously degraded skills, I think it may be time for Kelly to go.

756428[/snapback]

I think we keep Kelly, probably be forced to, in that a trade is not likely. Kelly's current value is hovering near zero(as far as draft picks), IMO.

I do believe whole-heartedly that he will not be a Bill come 2007 training camp(off season cut).

Obviously Holcombs days as the #2 QB are numbered. Nall is younger and has more upside and that is why the coaching staff is grooming him to the be the #2. Holcombs style does not suit the vertical passing game of the new coaching staff and he will be demoted to #3 or traded IMO.