Too early for...

If there was ever a good time for an upset though this would be it.

Everyone is rating the Bills as one of the 4 or 5 worse teams in the league.

The Pat's are bound to be over confident.

There's essentially no film for the Pats to study on the Bill's as you can't see much from pre-season. Bilichck is best when he can study and disect an opponent. He won't be able to do that this game.

While the Pat's usually finish strong, they haven't always started that strong.

So not saying the Bills are going to win, but this is a good spot for an upset.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Patriots WR core isn't what the Bills D will be worrying about.  I think that the Bills will key on stopping Ben Watson and the running game.  I'd be surprised if the Pats' WR caught more than 5-6 passes in the opener.  The TEs and RBs will catch the bulk of passes for New England.

I don't think the Bills can move the ball on the Pats' D, at least not yet.  I like the unn-dah in the game.

754415[/snapback]

Who said the Bills would be worried about NE's average WR core? It's the guy putting the ball there in stride and on time that makes the thing go. And the seam routes are usually run in "seams" within zones, often in the center of the field (by TE's often, especially on a team like NE with 2 good TE's).

I agree.  Based on last year, Holcomb was a far better QB, has he digressed that much?  Had he started from Week 1 on last year we could have contended for playoffs. 

Unless JP has improved leaps and bounds, I don't think he can win more than 7 games for us this year.

754508[/snapback]

I think if you watched JP this preseason you'd see that he has improved. Holcomb beat bad teams and we would have lost the kc game by thirty bu t we got lucky and he got knocked out.

I think that the Patriots will probably win ... but I dont get why people are all over Brady and Bellicheck as if they are the only 2 that run/play the game. The previous Patriots teams that beat the Bills have now lost:

Charlie Weiss (one of the best coaches in the game)

Romeo Crennel

Willie McGinnest

Adam Vinitieri (how many SB's did the Patriots win by a field goal? oh - all of them?)

David Givens

Deion Branch (seeking trade/holdout)

Christian Fauria

Bruschi broke his wrist and may not be at COMPLETE 100%

Again - not saying that they are a bad team. Just saying that people probably should consider what they have lost, rather than harping on how amazing the B&B brothers are.

754959[/snapback]

BLASPHEMER!!!! How dare you!?!?!?! Are you saying our Lord and savior won't be healthy to rack up over 11,232,121 hits against the Bills??? REPENT AND YOU SHALL BE SAVED!!! (but only if Tedy ok's the deal)

I think not...I'm not afraid of the Patriots! Last year we almost won the darn game with Holcomb at the helm at NE. I truly think we are a much better team this year.........

Bills - 21

Pats - 20

Shocker of the week

754202[/snapback]

Ditka 762

Bills -7

Seriously

Bills 17

Pats 14

It'll be a lot closer if Holcomb starts.  If The Loss-man plays, members of 2BD will be diving under cars on the freeway.

754379[/snapback]

Hey William The Conqueror, eat my Ass! You'd figure after three Super Bowl wins the least thing you choads could do is come up with your own damn message board. That being said.......

Choads-24

Bills-----17

Just don't like hearing it from some Patsy Fan :P

Hey William The Conqueror, eat my Ass! You'd figure after three Super Bowl wins the least thing you choads could do is come up with your own damn message board.  That being said.......

Choads-24

Bills-----17

Just don't like hearing it from some Patsy Fan  :P

754968[/snapback]

Just keep in mind the higher the hubris, the farther the fall... <_< IF we can beat them game one who are they gonna blame this time? The refs? The Red Sox curse? Victor Kiam? Oh I know - Lord and most High Tedi Bruschi will have willed them to lose so that they will learn a valuable lesson early and will be prepared for the rest of the season. :P

I checked out the Pats message board and I saw this:Can the Bills beat us? and other posts.

Overconfidence abounds( and the obligatory but clearly superficial "any given sunday" comments). They are looking past us, and the Jets, already - to the Denver game wk 3 ;) - and there is still a pre-season game left. Here's to hoping their dopey fans' attitude is the same as the team's.

They act like they have the same legitimate red zone threats they had 2 yrs ago. Like we don't know we have to cover their TEs. And, they have deluded themselves into thinking their old front seven is gonna make up for their sub standard secondary. I think it will be shocking for them when Lee and Peerless are waving "bye" to their DBs after catching another bomb. Make no mistake - there will be mistakes in this game by our guys. What the Pats haven't figured out(except for a few over there) is that they are gonna make mistakes too.... :) They honestly believe that bad receivers can run bad routes, etc. but that somehow this won't contribute to Brady throwing picks/getting sacked. The logic is that Brady spreading the ball will compensate - against our DBs and LBs in a real game?!??! No mention of TKO at all - full denial mode. Too bad Theisman isn't doing this game so we can hear him say TKO as many times as he said Bruschi last year(i know - never happen). Moreover, they are full of themselves that they beat a Gregg Williams team - something we've known is an easy task for a while now. Exactly one guy reminded them that we were beating them handily into the 4th quarter last year, because of our D, and that they got lucky.

My favorite comments: some say that their special teams is better than ours and has been for a while :lol::lol:;) and others want to cut Corey Dillon - and I thought our Willis bashers were bad. :(:(

Field goals abound in this one - but our guys get wise to this nonsense in the fourth for a TD(o or d)

Bills 23

Pats 16

I can't wait to resurrect this thread at about 4:30pm on September 10th.  :doh:

755096[/snapback]

Either way man no matter how bad Buffalo does this year I guarantee you that the Patriot Reign is over with.

Especially when Tom Brady and Tom Cruise publicly acknowledge their daily butt fests with one another.

That last one was cheap I know.

Sorry.

Either way man no matter how bad Buffalo does this year I guarantee you that the Patriot Reign is over with. 

Especially when Tom Brady and Tom Cruise publicly acknowledge their daily butt fests with one another.

That last one was cheap I know.

Sorry.

755176[/snapback]

Ditto what he said ^^^ ... I by NO MEANS think the Bills will do good this year, but I am pretty sure about one thing. The Patriots are sinking and their sinking fast. They barely made the playoffs last year and that was with the 5 players that they lost this year .... good luck . not .

If the Patriots somehow lose though at home...whoo-boy, you'll see a lot of Pats fans running for the bridges in Boston.

754372[/snapback]

There are Pats fans in Boston? Where? :doh:

Ohhh, you mean all the Redsox fans who are now jumping off that sinking ship and clinging to another.

Man, I LOVE living in this town right about now. So much fun! :unsure:

Ditto what he said ^^^ ... I by NO MEANS think the Bills will do good this year, but I am pretty sure about one thing. The Patriots are sinking and their sinking fast. They barely made the playoffs last year and that was with the 5 players that they lost this year .... good luck . not .

755208[/snapback]

While they are coming back to the pack I wouldn't say they're sinking fast. As long as they have quality QB, OL and DL play (which they do) the other areas of the team are fairly easy to replace.

My guess is the Bills stumble out of the gate early in the game, falling behind 14-0 but manage to make a game of it by the end. Pats win 27-20.

I think that the Patriots will probably win ... but I dont get why people are all over Brady and Bellicheck as if they are the only 2 that run/play the game. The previous Patriots teams that beat the Bills have now lost:

Charlie Weiss (one of the best coaches in the game)

Romeo Crennel

Willie McGinnest

Adam Vinitieri (how many SB's did the Patriots win by a field goal? oh - all of them?)

David Givens

Deion Branch (seeking trade/holdout)

Christian Fauria

Again - not saying that they are a bad team. Just saying that people probably should consider what they have lost, rather than harping on how amazing the B&B brothers are.

754959[/snapback]

You act as if the Bills will miraculously have the answers for Tom Brady & Co. just because they lost a kicker and a geiser LB. You're making way too much of their recent losses.

I hate to say this but Watson, Dillon and Maroney will be all that Brady will need to beat our team. The Bills will have to play out of their socks to beat the Patriots. I'm not saying the can't do it but I think it would be a major upset if they did.

I laugh at the suggestions here that the Patriots are no longer a very good team.