Tucker fought Donahoe?

cale

I don't remember hearing this and the last source I want to trust is RealFootball but:

"Tucker's only vast experience for one season came in 2004, when he started 12 games for Buffalo. On an offensive line that was average at best, he was one of the few unexpected bright spots. He took five penalties and allowed just 2 ½ sacks that season, while helping the Bills make a late-season playoff push. He was released after the season, thanks to a spat with Buffalo's ex-, robot-esque general manager, Tom Donahoe."

(Source:The real reason why Tucker was released?

Interesting...anyone can confirm? Where's BillsBabe when you need her?

Charles

I don't remember hearing this and the last source I want to trust is RealFootball but:

"Tucker's only vast experience for one season came in 2004, when he started 12 games for Buffalo. On an offensive line that was average at best, he was one of the few unexpected bright spots. He took five penalties and allowed just 2 ½ sacks that season, while helping the Bills make a late-season playoff push. He was released after the season, thanks to a spat with Buffalo's ex-, robot-esque general manager, Tom Donahoe."

Interesting...anyone can confirm?  Where's BillsBabe when you need her?

Charles

751123[/snapback]

Not sure of all the details, but I too had heard that Tuckers' somewhat puzzling release was due to a disagreement of sorts with Donahoe...rather than his playing abilities.

Interesting...anyone can confirm?  Where's BillsBabe when you need her?

Charles

751123[/snapback]

Well, I can believe it. If anyone said anything contra the Big Boss in the small shoes he would be toast and shipped out in short order.

We discussed this on the board a couple of weeks back when Tucker was traded from NE to the Browns.

Kelly The Fair and Balanced Dog and Mad Buffalo Disease both reminded me that Tucker had a bad back that forced him to miss half the year last year anyway...the Tucker-Donahoe spat speculation came from Jerry Sullivan...but whether it was true or not it Tucker's presence wouldn't have impacted the line play due to his injury.

We discussed this on the board a couple of weeks back when Tucker was traded from NE to the Browns. 

Kelly The Fair and Balanced Dog and Mad Buffalo Disease both reminded me that Tucker had a bad back that forced him to miss half the year last year anyway...the Tucker-Donahoe spat speculation came from Jerry Sullivan...but whether it was true or not it Tucker's presence wouldn't have impacted the line play due to his injury.

751183[/snapback]

In the for what it's worth department, a friend of mine who works in the candy business was friends with Tucker's dad, who was peripherally involved. And we sat with him for a couple games that year. In fact, when Ross was cut, his dad gave my buddy his season tickets because he no longer had any use for them. But his dad never mentioned any feud between Ross and TD, and he used to talk all the time about what Ross was thinking. So my friend thought there wasn't anything to it or he would have complained. His dad said that Ross was very disappointed that he was released by the Bills at the time although he knew he couldn't play. And was going to just work out in hopes some team would pick him up, which turned out to be the Patriots.

if RT and TD got into a fight we would have heard something a long time ago

RT would have filed a grievance against the bills or one of the other players would have said something already

seriously doubt its true, but if it is IMO this would make Tucker one of the all time greatest Bills ever :doh:

Tucker was outspoken and Dobahoe probably didn't like him... BUT the reason he was realeased was his ongoing back injury that basically ended up keeping him out of football for a year and a half.

751208[/snapback]

The Senator and Ross Tucker go way back.

In the for what it's worth department, a friend of mine who works in the candy business

751188[/snapback]

There could be a lot of mileage out of this one...

Does your friend also have a myspace account?

Not sure, he's a sneaky little bastard though. It's the dude you met in the parking lot for five minutes before one of the home games last year.

751699[/snapback]

Yeah, like I'm likely to remember anything that happens to me on weekend trips to Buffalo... I think we won that day.

Ross Tucker sucked, and so did Mike Puccillo. neither of those guys are worth their weight in doodoo.

751747[/snapback]

I guess this settles the issue. Thank you very much.