Harassment

inkman

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JEANETTE, Pa. -- A dispute in Westmoreland County is giving a new meaning to the term "cat fight."

Police said a 14-year-old boy meows every time he sees his neighbor, 78-year-old Alexandria Carasia.

The boy's family got rid of their cat after Carasia complained it used her flower garden as a litter box in Jeannette.

I don't know if it qualifies as harrassment, but if that was my Grandma he was meowing at he would be too busy removing my foot from his ass to ever think about doing it again.

Sounds to me like the stupid, shriveled-up, dried-out old bag was the one doing the harrassing to begin with, and is now filing frivolous charges to further harrass this poor family.  She needs to get a life - or die.

750895[/snapback]

How exactly was she doing the harassing, based on that short little article? If the owners' cat was destroying her property and she told them to stop it, how is that her fault? Most cities have laws against allowing pets run out unleashed.

CW

How exactly was she doing the harassing, based on that short little article?  If the owners' cat was destroying her property and she told them to stop it, how is that her fault?  Most cities have laws against allowing pets run out unleashed.

CW

750902[/snapback]

Screw her. The boy and his family are clearly the victims here. This freakin' dried-out, crabby old B word clearly has nothing else to do with her few remaining years than watch Wheel of Fortune and cause problems for her neighbors.

Screw her.  The boy and his family are clearly the victims here.  This freakin' dried-out, crabby old B word clearly has nothing else to do with her few remaining years than watch Wheel of Fortune and cause problems for her neighbors.

750917[/snapback]

And you know this how...?

Or are you saying that having pets crap in your yard is ok?

I'm warning you all...I will prosecute if this harrassment doesn't stop.

750951[/snapback]

When you leave work today, be careful when you lift your car door handle. I think my cat might have left a present under there for you.

How does she know that it was their cat that did it?

If you look in the box and observe a cat, is it a proper assumption to make that you would find a turd? What if you only observed the turd, could you make the assumption that it came from a cat, even in the absence of a cat? Is her reasoning "Cat, ergo, turd?" Or is it "Turd, ergo, cat?" Some would argue that the turd is always there, regardless of whether the cat ever was, simply because the absense of a turd takes up as much space in the mind as an actual one. The turd was there because the old woman willed it into existence. The boy, much like the cat, has nothing to do with it.

Regardless of what precipitated it, a 14 year-old sassing or making snide remarks to a 78 year old adult is pretty poor behavior.

750882[/snapback]

I'm throwing the BULLS#IT flag on this one. Age does not equal earned respect. I dunno the whole situation, so I'm not suggesting who is wrong and who is right here. But, "right", "good", "truth" and the like, are not the sole domain of the aged. There are PLENTY of old asswipes who deserve ridicule...they've earned it by their rotten behavior. Sometimes it takes a kid to dole out that ridicule.

"Sassing"? How old ARE you Cincy? I'm thinking you come from the "Children should be seen and not heard" school.

Screw her.  The boy and his family are clearly the victims here.  This freakin' dried-out, crabby old B word clearly has nothing else to do with her few remaining years than watch Wheel of Fortune and cause problems for her neighbors.

750917[/snapback]

That would be my guess, too (based on the very limited info we have from this article).

"Meowing" is hardly harrassment.

How does she know that it was their cat that did it? 

If you look in the box and observe a cat, is it a proper assumption to make that you would find a turd?  What if you only observed the turd, could you make the assumption that it came from a cat, even in the absence of a cat? Is her reasoning "Cat, ergo, turd?" Or is it "Turd, ergo, cat?"  Some would argue that the turd is always there, regardless of whether the cat ever was, simply because the absense of a turd takes up as much space in the mind as an actual one.  The turd was there because the old woman willed it into existence.  The boy, much like the cat, has nothing to do with it.

750995[/snapback]

Exactly!

Not only is she a persnickity, obstreperous, cantankerous, mean and vicious dried-out old rag with way too much time on her hands, but - as you so astutely bring to light - she is most likely quite senile and delusional in addition to her malevolence.

He gets free checking pretty soon, and his AARP card. :doh:

751018[/snapback]

The chances of my living that long are VERY slim. I think the over/under now is at about 6 weeks.

That would be my guess, too (based on the very limited info we have from this article).

"Meowing" is hardly harrassment.

751002[/snapback]

Yeah - there was a link to a related story that gave a bit more background. I'm also guessing most didn't vote in the poll, or view the results...

Poll

Damn...I knew I wan't gonna get much done today, what with this whole Pluto thing and all.

Anyway, clearly the old wench should be placed in a home - where she can't bother anyone.

The fact is the woman complained and won the removal of the cat.

Like it or not... The boy lost (and his cat) and should respect the rule of law.

Nothing saying he can't keep a cat in his house or his property... Just can't let it roam.

Short article though...

Just my $.02.

:doh:

751052[/snapback]

I think the family got rid of the cat voluntarily (i don't think there was any law involved), but I could be wrong.

Regardless, there is no indication the boy has shown any disrespect for, or has disobeyed ANY law. He is simply "meow"-ing at a nasty old litigious bag. The very fact that she has sued him for MEWOING speaks volumes to The Dean.

I think the family got rid of the cat voluntarily (i don't think there was any law involved), but I could be wrong. 

Regardless, there is no indication the boy has shown any disrespect for, or has disobeyed ANY law.  He is simply "meow"-ing at a nasty old litigious bag.  The very fact that she has sued him for MEWOING speaks volumes to The Dean.

751064[/snapback]

You don't know what the kid has been doing to her. It's not like an old lady can physically take care of this herself. Without knowing what goes on between the nieghbors, it is pretty irresponsible to call her a B word! I've seen many little kids take advantage of the fact that someone older cannot simply slap some sense into them. Perhaps she is a B word, perhaps the kid is a disrespectfull brat.

The fact is the woman complained and won the removal of the cat.

Like it or not... The boy lost (and his cat) and should respect the rule of law.

Nothing saying he can't keep a cat in his house or his property... Just can't let it roam.

Short article though...

Just my $.02.

:doh:

751052[/snapback]

I am having a problem with the neighbor's cat right now. He lets his cat roam free. We have a fenced-in yard (fence is about 4.5 feet high). Even though there is a fence, the cat can still jump to the top of the fence and into our yard. He likes chasing after the birds in our yard (we have several feeders) and the squirrels. The problem is that I have a 95lb German Shepherd that does not like the aforementioned cat. We generally keep our dog inside, but we also need to let him out to do his business and to get exercise. I talked with the neighbor and he said, "There is nothing I can do to keep the cat out of your yard." Well, then I guess that there is nothing I can do to prevent my dog from ripping your cat to shreds. Problem solved.

I am having a problem with the neighbor's cat right now. He lets his cat roam free. We have a fenced-in yard (fence is about 4.5 feet high). Even though there is a fence, the cat can still jump to the top of the fence and into our yard. He likes chasing after the birds in our yard (we have several feeders) and the squirrels. The problem is that I have a 95lb German Shepherd that does not like the aforementioned cat. We generally keep our dog inside, but we also need to let him out to do his business and to get exercise.  I talked with the neighbor and he said, "There is nothing I can do to keep the cat out of your yard." Well, then I guess that there is nothing I can do to prevent my dog from ripping your cat to shreds. Problem solved.

751077[/snapback]

That's when you call the police and report the cat. Chances are your city has a law that they can't allow the cat out without a leash.

You don't know what the kid  has been doing to her.  It's not like an old lady can physically take care of this herself.  Without knowing what goes on between the nieghbors, it is pretty irresponsible to call her a B word!  I've seen many little kids take advantage of the fact that someone older cannot simply slap some sense into them.  Perhaps she is a B word, perhaps the kid is a disrespectfull brat.

751074[/snapback]

You are correct, we do not know the whole story. But from the articles posted here, the only thing the woman seems to be claiming is the boy MEOWED at her...from his parent's property. There is no claim of, or reference to, ANY other harrassment. You would think that would be mentioned if there was a lawsuit in play. Again, she is suing him, not complaining to his parents. That suggests (it doesn't prove) she is a litigious B word. He might be disrespectful. Big woop!

BTW, the "slapping some sense" argument works both ways. If she is the whiney old B word, these articles suggest, give credit to the kid. Many would have done things far worse than a simple "meow". Aparently he knew he couldn't slap some sense into the old bag.

I am having a problem with the neighbor's cat right now. He lets his cat roam free. We have a fenced-in yard (fence is about 4.5 feet high). Even though there is a fence, the cat can still jump to the top of the fence and into our yard. He likes chasing after the birds in our yard (we have several feeders) and the squirrels. The problem is that I have a 95lb German Shepherd that does not like the aforementioned cat. We generally keep our dog inside, but we also need to let him out to do his business and to get exercise.  I talked with the neighbor and he said, "There is nothing I can do to keep the cat out of your yard." Well, then I guess that there is nothing I can do to prevent my dog from ripping your cat to shreds. Problem solved.

751077[/snapback]

Exactly. Of course, there are ways to make the flower garden inaccessable to/less appealing to a cat.

what a stupid old B word. if i was the kid, i'd personally go take a sh-- in her flower box. Clean THAT up you old bag.

750875[/snapback]

I would sneak into her yard at night and pour roundup weed killer over her flowers. If she is that cranky over a meow and tried sueing me I would be creative in my revenge...

Thats if she is that cranky as the link suggest......I'm an azz so what, at least you know how I might take action on a cranky neighbor :doh:

751077[/snapback]

A hose or air rifle can be quite effective in these situations.

BTW, the "slapping some sense" argument works both ways.  If she is the whiney old B word, these articles suggest, give credit to the kid.  Many would have done things far worse than a simple "meow".  Aparently he knew he couldn't slap some sense into the old bag.

751085[/snapback]

Could that be re-phrased as "What a good boy. All credit due because he didn't savagely beat the 'whiney old B word'. "? :doh:

Could that be re-phrased as "What a good boy. All credit due because he didn't savagely beat the 'whiney old B word'. "?  :lol:

751104[/snapback]

As easily as saying, "She didn't slap some sense into him, but sued him, instead". Yes, those both work as replacements. :doh: