Harassment

inkman

I know the kid would get in trouble for hitting the old wench with an airgun, but hosing her shouldnt be harassment. :doh:

751099[/snapback]

So finally we've come to the crux of the biscuit - it's not the damned cat or the damned kid. Absent a large cucumber in her fridge, she needs - as KRC suggested - a very large dog.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Hello...911?  Yes...I'd like to report a cat in my backyard..."

751084[/snapback]

Don't need to call 911 (as it's not an emergency), but if you call the city police and report that your neighbor is letting their pet roam the neighborhood not on a leash, yes, that's perfectly valid.

One of my neighbors is a cop and he told another of the neighbors to do just that when a third neighbor lets his dog piss on her trees. In our city at least, you have to clean up after your pet - and that includes pouring large amounts of water on the area where a dog takes a leak, to break up the acidity of the urine. The cat thing would fall under the same issue -- although the German Sheperd would as well, since it's on his property. The plice angle seems a little less drastic in my mind.

CW

Sounds to me like the stupid, shriveled-up, dried-out old bag was the one doing the harrassing to begin with, and is now filing frivolous charges to further harrass this poor family.  She needs to get a life - or die.

750895[/snapback]

Good riddance.... :doh:

751084[/snapback]

No... In this area you call 311 (non emergency phone).

Anyway... That is kinda pimpy... Just shot it with a pellet gun, it will get the picture after a while. If you end up killing the thing? I hear they make flowers grow very nicely.

:P

The bottom line is... Why is the woman wrong? She is reacting to something that somebody (other person... Not nature, the cat can be controlled by the family... The family is doing harm to the woman) else is causing.

First the cat (under control of the kid's family).

Now the kid.

Sure sueing is pimpy... So what, seems to be her only recourse?

Again... We don't know the whole story... More facts would be helpful.

Again... Just my $.02.

The bottom line is... Why is the woman wrong?  She is reacting to something that somebody (other person... Not nature, the cat can be controlled by the family... The family is doing harm to the woman) else is causing.

Now the kid.

Again... Just my $.02.

:D

751552[/snapback]

A face to face conversation explaining her concerns to the parents and the kid would have been proper diplomacy..She might have done this or not, I'm just speculating...If she did not confront this minor disturbance with the parents and kid, and instead went with the litigation route directly, I say let the games begin, just sayin :P

A face to face conversation explaining her concerns to the parents and the kid would have been proper diplomacy..She might have done this or not, I'm just speculating...If she did not confront this minor disturbance with the parents and kid, and instead went with the litigation route directly, I say let the games begin, just sayin :P

751562[/snapback]

I agree... Then let the parents do the "game" playing. FWIIW IMO, does no good for a fourteen year old to engage in it.

I would have laid into my kid in this situation. I just think that the meowing constitutes "bullying" the old lady... Yes, it is mild... I would have still laid into my kid for engaging in it... Of course these parents PROBABLY don't deny what the kid did, and actually DEFEND it???... :D:w00t:

Call me a fuddy duddy... But, firm foundations are formed early in life. There is absolutley no place for him (kid) to deal with it...

There is no reason to even keep the kid in "the loop" parenting wise. Ya, I realize he is a little old for the line: "Buffy had to go visit the farmer, soas to be free" line.

This story is a touchstone for a lot.

Again, just my $.02... :D:D

Call me a fuddy duddy... But, firm foundations are formed early in life.  There is absolutley no place for him (kid) to deal with it...

751596[/snapback]

As you wish:

Fuddy Duddy

I agree... Then let the parents do the "game" playing.  FWIIW IMO, does no good for a fourteen year old to engage in it.

I would have laid into my kid in this situation.  I just think that the meowing constitutes "bullying" the old lady... Yes, it is mild... I would have still laid into my kid for engaging in it... Of course these parents PROBABLY don't deny what the kid did, and actually DEFEND it???... :D  :w00t:

Call me a fuddy duddy... But, firm foundations are formed early in life.  There is absolutley no place for him (kid) to deal with it...

There is no reason to even keep the kid in "the loop" parenting wise.  Ya, I realize he is a little old for the line: "Buffy had to go visit the farmer, soas to be free" line.

This story is a touchstone for a lot.

Again, just my $.02...  :D  :D

751596[/snapback]

My dad made me face my problems , even ones like this, he also let the accuser lay into me, If my dad believed I was an azz and deserved it..

And after that was aired out we went home where he kicked my ass real hard with steel toe workboots and ordered me to double duty the chores and the grimiest jobs he could conjure up, he was one stern disciplinarion when I fugged up..

But If it was total crap and a lie from the accuser, my old man would rip that meathead to shreds and yes I loved that, and I would tell my dad how much I really respect him for believing me and he would sometimes hand me a beer and shoot the breeze with me, man to man stuff, thats pretty cool when your 10 or so.

And yes I witnessed the old man bit-hslap some idiot before, I thought my old man was popeye :P He's a good man and father, he's way better than me, but thats life and maybe someday I will make him more proud of me..

My dad made me face my problems , even ones like this, he also let the accuser lay into me, If my dad believed I was an azz and deserved it..

And after that was aired out we went home where he kicked my ass real hard with steel toe workboots and ordered me to double duty the chores and the grimiest jobs he could conjure up, he was one stern disciplinarion when I fugged up..

But If it was total crap and a lie from the accuser, my old man would rip that meathead to shreds and yes I loved that, and I would tell my dad how much I really respect him for believing me and he would sometimes hand me a beer and shoot the breeze with me, man to man stuff, thats pretty cool when your 10 or so.

And yes I witnessed the old man  bit-hslap some idiot before, I thought my old man was popeye :P He's a good man and father, he's way better than me, but thats life and maybe someday I will make him more proud of me..

751619[/snapback]

And look how you turned out!

:D:w00t:

And look how you turned out!

:D  :w00t:

751621[/snapback]

Message boards are similar to a book, can't judge posters messages by the cover, and even accumalated posting of a 1000 you still are uncertain if it's a joke post, a complete fabrication post or an honest from the soul post, I hardly ever define my post in what catergory I'm transmitting the message, especially on off the wall :D Most of my post on ppp are consistent with my core beliefs, although at times I post during bouts of insomnia where I average 2 hours a sleep per night, and man did I get pummeled for that stupidity, and pummeled and ridiculed and I deserved it.....But to be fair and honest some of the ribbing was to linking a youtube of politicians speaking and no propaganda added to the video..

Everybody has opinions whats acceptable, I look at political youtubes the sames as a football game film, you break it down for strengths and weaknesses..

And I'm a mazzhole :P

Anyway, I honestly believe the kid should have curbed his 14 year old behavior and if the elderly lady confronted the parents they should have corrected their sons behavior..

Now liberal activist judges and lawyers will be involved in building a lawsuit and the silverhaired lady can buy weekly hairdo's at the beauty parlor and stockup up on depends, mothballs and watch lawrence welk on HDTV..

And she should buy a personality at the 5 and 10!

Message boards are similar to a book, can't judge posters messages by the cover, and even accumalated posting of a 1000 you still are uncertain if it's a joke post, a complete fabrication post or an honest from the soul post, I hardly ever define my post in what catergory I'm transmitting the message, especially on off the wall :w00t:  Most of my post on ppp are consistent with my core beliefs, although at times I post during bouts of insomnia where I average 2 hours a sleep per night, and man did I get pummeled for that stupidity, and pummeled and ridiculed and I deserved it.....But to be fair and honest some of the ribbing was to linking a youtube of politicians speaking and no propaganda added to the video..

Everybody has opinions whats acceptable, I look at political youtubes the sames as a football game film, you break it down for strengths and weaknesses..

And I'm a mazzhole :D

Anyway, I honestly believe the kid should have curbed his 14 year old behavior and if the elderly lady confronted the parents they should have corrected their sons behavior..

Now liberal activist judges and lawyers will be involved in building a lawsuit and the silverhaired lady can buy weekly hairdo's at the beauty parlor and stockup up on depends, mothballs and watch lawrence welk on HDTV..

And she should buy a personality at the 5 and 10!

751636[/snapback]

Agree.

Yes... I was uncertain... :P... Don't get me wrong, there was nothing wrong with what you posted (maybe the steel toe epsiodes could have been toned down)... But who am I to judge? You do build a good book for a "MazzHole" though... ;);):D:D

The bottom line is... Why is the woman wrong?  She is reacting to something that somebody (other person... Not nature, the cat can be controlled by the family... The family is doing harm to the woman) else is causing.

Now the kid.

Again... Just my $.02.

751552[/snapback]

Are you people freakin' serious? The kid 'meowed'. He freakin 'meowed'!!!!

The woman is a freakin' lunatic and needs to be committed before she harms someone. I have no doubt this this is the type of person we're dealing with here...

The Neighbor From Hell

Kansas feud takes ugly turn with arrival of tainted soda, doughnuts

Are you people freakin' serious?  The kid 'meowed'.  He freakin 'meowed'!!!!

The woman is a freakin' lunatic and needs to be committed before she harms someone.  I have no doubt this this is the type of person we're dealing with here...

The Neighbor From Hell

Kansas feud takes ugly turn with arrival of tainted soda, doughnuts

751652[/snapback]

Maybe.

Why provoke the lady? Was it necessary to goad her?... Maybe the lady is a nut... We don't know all the facts. Maybe it was a "simple" meow? The fact of the matter was that it was unecessary and gratuitous.

The ONLY thing I would defend out of my kid in THIS situation is SILENCE.

But... Yet, I am up to $.10 cents now... So I gotta move along...

751084[/snapback]

This post cuts right to the heart of the matter. It's a fuggin cat. Or a boy meowing, or whatever. Everybody needs to grow a set and handle this like adults. My step-son had a playdate with a buddy of his cancelled because the family is still grieving the loss of their cat. :P I have a cat. I like it. It's weird, stupid, and usually pissed off at the world. (sometimes pets do resemble their owners) Anyway, if I "accidentally" set it on fire and put it out with a meat cleaver...what was my point again. Damn fried nueropathways.

Don't need to call 911 (as it's not an emergency), but if you call the city police and report that your neighbor is letting their pet roam the neighborhood not on a leash, yes, that's perfectly valid.

One of my neighbors is a cop and he told another of the neighbors to do just that when a third neighbor lets his dog piss on her trees.  In our city at least, you have to clean up after your pet - and that includes pouring large amounts of water on the area where a dog takes a leak, to break up the acidity of the urine.  The cat thing would fall under the same issue -- although the German Sheperd would as well, since it's on his property.  The plice angle seems a little less drastic in my mind.

CW

751181[/snapback]

"Hello...police?"

"Yes...how may I help you?"

"I'd like to report a cat in my backyard..."

"Excuse me?"

"I said, I'd like to report a cat in my backyard!"

"I'm sorry...did you just say there's a cat in your backyard? Did you try yelling at it, or throwing something at it? Are you aware of the penalties for making prank phone calls to the police?"

Need I go further with this nonsense? The cat isn't even at issue here - the cat's LONG GONE! (Read the article again, ferchrissakes!).

The freakin' kid 'meowed'.

Agree.

Yes... I was uncertain... :D... Don't get me wrong, there was nothing wrong with what you posted (maybe the steel toe epsiodes could have been toned down)... But who am I to judge?  You do build a good book for a "MazzHole" though...  ;)  ;)

751650[/snapback]

Ya the boot sucked, but the offense deserved the punishment and the chores instilled that thought, that when I messed up, dad will make me regret my stupidity.

At least I didn't work for a company that builds cheap levees in New Orleans that failed.

How's that book coming :w00t::P;) to mazzholey?:D :D :(;)