The Bills on Madden 2007

major

Does anyone have the PSP version?  If so what's it like?

749834[/snapback]

Bought the PSP version and it's good. It does not have all the coach/fans/player shots after the play. But everything else is there. I am happy I have a good football game to play on my PSP.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got mine last night.

Bills do not stink? I am off to a 2-0 start

Beat the Pats 32-14. 6 field goals yuck. Jp was ok 16/32 275 1/1 sacked 4 times. Evans is a beast 9-137-1

Beat the Dolfelons 38-7 21/28 307 3/1 (only td they scored was on an INT return.)

The Defense is sick I sacked the QB 8 times in this one.

I noticed the Bills are missing some players..like Kyle Williams

Bills do not stink?  I am off to a 2-0 start

Beat the Pats 32-14.  6 field goals yuck.  Jp was ok 16/32  275  1/1  sacked 4 times.  Evans is a beast 9-137-1

Beat the Dolfelons 38-7    21/28  307 3/1  (only td they scored was on an INT return.)

750786[/snapback]

Im not sure which version you bought, but I have it for 360, and Kyle Williams is actually a free agent. Alot of this years rookies are in free agents like Darnell Bing, Ryan Cook, Williams etc

i have for xbox360 and its awsome...but does anyone know how to edit players, like you used to? I cant find that option?

hard part about the game....the superstar mode...how the hell do u get a good 40 time and bench reps?????

749932[/snapback]

You can't edit the players on the 360, not even the numbers. Quite dissapointing actually, that was always part of the fun of Madden. I created Whitner because they had him still at #36 and no helmet visor... I can't get him to run faster than a 5.8 in the 40 so he keeps ending up with a 17 rating (out of 100).

Bills do not stink?  I am off to a 2-0 start

Beat the Pats 32-14.  6 field goals yuck.  Jp was ok 16/32  275  1/1  sacked 4 times.  Evans is a beast 9-137-1

Beat the Dolfelons 38-7    21/28  307 3/1  (only td they scored was on an INT return.)

750786[/snapback]

Kyle Williams is a FA

Either you have the wrong playbook or don't know how to play. On All-Pro this game is too easy without QB vision on as they have toned down some of that All-World safety help. Also there is more control in the running game and the QB speed is definitely noticeable as JP 70 speed shows up this year. If they toned down QB accuracy, made QB vision default then I think they will find a good combination of realistic play between defense and offense.

749699[/snapback]

Apparantly I don't know how to play either. My offense is 3 yards & a cloud of dust; if I only throw 2 picks in a game I'm happy. Only passing routes that work for me are the curls/hitches/comebacks. Evans might as well be Russel Copeland when he tries to go deep. Lately I've been having more success taking control of the WR instead of letting the cpu watch the DB pick the ball off but still; JP's rating is typically 30-60 in a given game. :blink:

Defense is ez to dominate with the base 4-3 2man under just like last yr.

I am picking up madden today. Is it actually possible to return a punt this year? Lasy year, no one would bock for your returner, and you'd have to fair catch 99% of the punts.

749947[/snapback]

I have not picked up 2007 yet, sure I will eventually (as in payday!)...

I know what you mean about returning kicks...in some of the early Madden additions you could do it every now and again....but the 2005 & 2006 editions, it is near impossible...a true story:

About 8 or 9 months ago, I was on a late-night, wee hours Madden bender...my girlfriend and I were kind of having some problems...she called me on the phone, while I was in the middle of a game...I just kept playing while she was talking....somehow, I returned a kick for a TD, my first and only, in a few years, and countless franchise seasons later....I was thrilled, but I was not even really paying attention to what I was doing...I gasped when I realized what I had done, my girlfriend was like "Are you alright? Are you listening to me?" After assuring her that I was listening (not daring to confess that I was playing Madden while she was baring her soul), I made up some excuse as to why I had to hang up...assured her that we would work on communicating better...as soon as I hung up, I replayed the friggin' play at least a dozen times, and could never figure out how I did it...

Apparantly I don't know how to play either.  My offense is 3 yards & a cloud of dust; if I only throw 2 picks in a game I'm happy.  Only passing routes that work for me are the curls/hitches/comebacks.  Evans might as well be Russel Copeland when he tries to go deep.  Lately I've been having more success taking control of the WR instead of letting the cpu watch the DB pick the ball off but still; JP's rating is typically 30-60 in a given game.  :devil:

Defense is ez to dominate with the base 4-3 2man under just like last yr.

752827[/snapback]

Try a different playbook; 3 WR formations work good, especially with our fast WR> Put Price on the bench and start A Davis with Parrish in the slot. Not the lineup in real life but the best on Madden due to its emphasis on speed. The key to Madden is to find the routes and run plays that are successful, mix them up to throw off an opponenet and base your game around them. If you play an opponent who loves to blitz and/or play man to man then routes you mentioned would eat them up. Occasionally hot route to the fly using the left analog stick and if you throw and lead the WR with good timing you will leave most dbs in the dust with our op 3 WR's averaging 95 speed. Some routes that didn't work last year in 2006 work in 2007, especially the way the QB throws the deep ball as they don't let the safeties make as unrealistic breakups as they did in 2006. Now in 2006 with QB vision and slow speeds for QB's, a good zone could limit JP. But in 2007 playing in All-Pro, if a zone is played you can just can scramble around and get positive yards or even make defenders step up and throw over their heads. I would prefer to play a human opponent in All-Madden with QB vision on as it would be more realistic.

Try a different playbook; 3 WR formations work good, especially with our fast WR> Put Price on the bench and start A Davis with Parrish in the slot. Not the lineup in real life but the best on Madden due to its emphasis on speed. The key to Madden is to find the routes and run plays that are successful, mix them up to throw off an opponenet and base your game around them. If you play an opponent who loves to blitz and/or play man to man then routes you mentioned would eat them up. Occasionally hot route to the fly using the left analog stick and if you throw and lead the WR with good timing you will leave most dbs in the dust with our op 3 WR's averaging 95 speed. Some routes that didn't work last year in 2006 work in 2007, especially the way the QB throws the deep ball as they don't let the safeties make as unrealistic breakups as they did in 2006. Now in 2006 with QB vision and slow speeds for QB's, a good zone could limit JP. But in 2007 playing in All-Pro, if a zone is played you can just can scramble around and get positive yards or even make defenders step up and throw over their heads. I would prefer to play a human opponent in All-Madden with QB vision on as it would be more realistic.

753165[/snapback]

Thanks what playbood do you prefer? I've tried the scramble/throw technique and it usually results in a throw out of bounds. As for the bolded part, I have not experienced this. Say I send two WR's deep - one down the middle and one down the sideline - If the guy in the middle beats his man the CB covering the sideline guy has time to come off his man and break the ball up and does all this while the ball is in the air...super stupid.

Anyway, I just finished an 11-5 season and beat the Redskins in the SB with -13 passing yards thanks to 7 int's from the defense and 5 Lindell FG's. Also, McGee picked an awesome time to return his first kick for a TD trailing 17-3.

Offseason: Youboty has moved up to an 85 rating so Clements has been traded for Gates.

Say I send two WR's deep - one down the middle and one down the sideline - If the guy in the middle beats his man the CB covering the sideline guy has time to come off his man and break the ball up and does all this while the ball is in the air...super stupid.

753942[/snapback]

I got extremely tired of this in last year's version as well. The fact that they haven't fixed it doesn't make me want to go out and pick up this year's game.

Don't even bother. EA Sports really screwed us all when they signed the exclusive NFL rights. The Sega ESPN Franchise was a hundred times better.

I have the XBOX 360 version, (I also have NCAA Football 07). They must have hired the Sega designers because the graphics are very similar to the older ESPN graphics. The gameplay sucks. The Superstar mode sucks. You only have two choices of uniform (home / away, no alternate uniforms). The whole thing really sucks. Unfortunately, it is the only football game out there. I hate them.

Don't even bother. EA Sports really screwed us all when they signed the exclusive NFL rights.  The Sega ESPN Franchise was a hundred times better.

I have the XBOX 360 version, (I also have NCAA Football 07). They must have hired the Sega designers because the graphics are very similar to the older ESPN graphics. The gameplay sucks. The Superstar mode sucks. You only have two choices of uniform (home / away, no alternate uniforms). The whole thing really sucks. Unfortunately, it is the only football game out there. I hate them.

754149[/snapback]

The current gen systems madden '07 have more game play features than the 360. Also, rumor is that ea may charge for you to download the alternate jerseys on the 360.

The current gen systems madden '07 have more game play features than the 360. Also, rumor is that ea may charge for you to download the alternate jerseys on the 360.

754161[/snapback]

That makes sense. The games already cost 60 bucks a pop. Why not charge for jerseys, rosters, everything. I fuggin hate EA.

Thanks what playbood do you prefer?  I've tried the scramble/throw technique and it usually results in a throw out of bounds.  As for the bolded part, I have not experienced this.  Say I send two WR's deep - one down the middle and one down the sideline - If the guy in the middle beats his man the CB covering the sideline guy has time to come off his man and break the ball up and does all this while the ball is in the air...super stupid.

Anyway, I just finished an 11-5 season and beat the Redskins in the SB with -13 passing yards thanks to 7 int's from the defense and 5 Lindell FG's.  Also, McGee picked an awesome time to return his first kick for a TD trailing 17-3.

Offseason: Youboty has moved up to an 85 rating so Clements has been traded for Gates.

753942[/snapback]

Try Tennessee's playbook; the playbooks haven't changed much from last except for a few new formations added. Last year the deep fade play to the sideline in the Titans tight singleback formation was a killer against man to man if you lead the reciver; not as effective this year. But since other routes are easier to throw this year it opens other plays in their playbook. Arizona's playbook isn't bad either. Now while some of those incredible jump up 15 feet and leap 10 yards forward to break up a pass still happens from time to time, especially on corner routes (which is why the play I mentioned earlier isn't as effective as it was in 2006), there are a lot fewer of those type breaks on the go routes and fade routes, especially by the DB that is guarding a WR. That combined with the fact that the safeties cover less ground and they let the QBs lead be more of a factor than in the past makes the deep ball a much more effctive weapon if your timing is right. I'll say the best way to get your game right is to go into pratice mode, select a playbook you like, choose a play and run it against random defenses. Get your timing down against different defenses on when and how to release the ball and how far to lead your receivers. In practice mode, this is where you see all the flaws in the game as you might not notice a trend playing a game as you might call a play only a few times but running it time and time again you will notice more flaws and trends. In Madden 2005 and 2006, the db play on All-Pro and definitely on All-Madden was to unrealistic as the unbelievable pass breakups and range of coverage was too fake combined with the ability to have eyes in the back of your head to read coverage behind you while playing man coverage so that when you threw a pass a DB or LB would break off his man coverage responsibility and intercept a pass thrown to another reciver once the ball was thrown as if h had a radar honed in on it. This year that is turned down a little bit and while I like that, it makes defense a little too hard because pass accuracy and catching is a little too easy. I mean I can take JP with 79 accuracy and have consistent Peyton Manning like performances. If they toned down on accuracy and made WR seperation, route running, and ability to beat press coverage mean more then this game would be so much better but it is only a video game. If you make it too realistic and add features to make it as such (like the QB vision in 06), some will cry that it is too difficult and not any fun.

Don't even bother. EA Sports really screwed us all when they signed the exclusive NFL rights.  The Sega ESPN Franchise was a hundred times better.

754149[/snapback]

I hate that as well for I feel that with one or 2 more years Sega would have passed Madden as it has in NBA. I loved the fact that they had a much better rating system than Madden as it is about time for EA Sports to add more depth and position based ratings for players. Route running should be a rating for WR's;not just speed and hands with speed being really the only thing that matters. D Lineman should have pass rush and run stopping ratings as well. Now if Sega had turned down the running game a little bit and had better playbooks then it would a no contest. The running backs ability to stiffarm was break tackles was a little out of control but so was the touch tackle style implemented in Madden up until that point. But the playbooks on 2K5 were garbage and Madden is so much better in that department. Graphics and game action were hands down better than Madden ever was or will be since they have no competition. I'm neutral; I just want the best game available. My cousin on the other is EA Sports until he dies; he claims the only reason people like the game was because it was cheap. I tried to get him to see that there were plenty of cheap NFL games out before 2K5 that didn't sell because they were garbage. EA saw this competition as that year Madden price had dropped before the season was over; you have never seen that happen before. Just a coincindence, the next year they bought up the NFL license and the ESPN logo in the same year and tried to do the same with NBA to get rid of the competition as before Sega wasn't any competiton. I fault the NFL for that; Sega's $20 price tag must have mad them made as well. Just like they did when they limited the Sunday ticket to DirecTv, they limited their product to EA Sports along with their selling power. The NBA is not stupid to follow such a trend.