The Bills on Madden 2007

major

You just have to work it out.

I too struggled at first with the passing but you have to wait for your moments. You cant drop back and throw bombs all day long.

Work them over with some short Slants and runnig plays to soften them up. They will move into a tighter formation and then you can hit them.

I have JP at 89.4 rating through 8 games. (7-1) 19tds and 15 picks (a lot of these came early as I was learning.)

Peerless leads the lead in YPC.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too struggled at first with the passing but you have to wait for your moments.  You cant drop back and throw bombs all day long. 

Work them over with some short Slants and runnig plays to soften them up.  They will move into a tighter formation and then you can hit them. 

I have JP at 89.4 rating through 8 games.  (7-1)  19tds and 15 picks (a lot of these came early as I was learning.)

Peerless leads the lead in YPC.

754254[/snapback]

Good Post. Atleast in the PC version, the defensive AI is an important factor in you running offensive plays against it. I don't look so much technically at the game as in "what program flaws can I exploit?" That is simply no fun to me. I try to set up the game difficulty and sliders so that if I play a "real" brand of football, and play mistake free and make my reads, I can be successful. I try to make it so that it's extremely difficult for the Bills to beat the Pats or Colts, while it's reasonable to expect a better game against the Jets, etc.

I can't stress enough how much small tweaks of the AI sliders make the game much more realistic and enjoyable.

I hate that as well for I feel that with one or 2 more years Sega would have passed Madden as it has in NBA. I loved the fact that they had a much better rating system than Madden as it is about time for EA Sports to add more depth and position based ratings for players. Route running should be a rating for WR's;not just speed and hands with speed being really the only thing that matters. D Lineman should have pass rush and run stopping ratings as well. Now if Sega had turned down the running game a little bit and had better playbooks then it would a no contest. The running backs ability to stiffarm was break tackles was a little out of control but so was the touch tackle style implemented in Madden up until that point. But the playbooks on 2K5 were garbage and Madden is so much better in that department. Graphics and game action were hands down better than Madden ever was or will be since they have no competition. I'm neutral; I just want the best game available. My cousin on the other is EA Sports until he dies; he claims the only reason people like the game was because it was cheap. I tried to get him to see that there were plenty of cheap NFL games out before 2K5 that didn't sell because they were garbage. EA saw this competition as that year Madden price had dropped before the season was over; you have never seen that happen before. Just a coincindence, the next year they bought up the NFL license and the ESPN logo in the same year and tried to do the same with NBA to get rid of the competition as before Sega wasn't any competiton. I fault the NFL for that; Sega's $20 price tag must have mad them made as well. Just like they did when they limited the Sunday ticket to DirecTv, they limited their product to EA Sports along with their selling power. The NBA is not stupid to follow such a trend.

754204[/snapback]

COuldn't have said it better myself.

Good Post.  Atleast in the PC version, the defensive AI is an important factor in you running offensive plays against it. I don't look so much technically at the game as in "what program flaws can I exploit?" That is simply no fun to me. I try to set up the game difficulty and sliders so that if I play a "real" brand of football, and play mistake free and make my reads, I can be successful. I try to make it so that it's extremely difficult for the Bills to beat the Pats or Colts, while it's reasonable to expect a better game against the Jets, etc.

I can't stress enough how much small tweaks of the AI sliders make the game much more realistic and enjoyable.

754335[/snapback]

If you only play against the PC, you can tweak the settings. But most human opponents don't like such tweaks and prefer to play the game the way it is as they would cry that you ares cheating and setting the game up in your favor. Now I am like you and would prefer to play on the most realistic settings and I'd hope that EA would incorporate such things without me having to do any tweaking. For me I want a big pass or run to happen as often as in real life so that it feels special when you get one, not be routine. I mean while Walter Payton and Barry Sanders have highlight runs, they didn't make those plays every time they touched the ball so I wouldn't want that to happen in the game. The same with throwing bombs; a WR getting open, the QB putting it on the money, and the O-Line giving time to complete the pass; all those factors have a percentage that negates the frequency of such plays in real life so on a game I would expect that.

If you only play against the PC, you can tweak the settings. But most human opponents don't like such tweaks and prefer to play the game the way it is as they would cry that you ares cheating and setting the game up in your favor. Now I am like you and would prefer to play on the most realistic settings and I'd hope that EA would incorporate such things without me having to do any tweaking. For me I want a big pass or run to happen as often as in real life so that it feels special when you get one, not be routine. I mean while Walter Payton and Barry Sanders have highlight runs, they didn't make those plays every time they touched the ball so I wouldn't want that to happen in the game. The same with throwing bombs; a WR getting open, the QB putting it on the money, and the O-Line giving time to complete the pass; all those factors have a percentage that negates the frequency of such plays in real life so on a game I would expect that.

754679[/snapback]

Very well said. I play a little online in ip games too, but they are with people I know already and we have agreed to try and use realistic settings. Those games can be quite a blast. :P

I just got the game on DS.

Graphics leave something to be desired.

Reminds me a bit of a cross between Super Nintendo and Madden 64.

The overall ratings for the Bills are quite interesting as shown here.

Losman 83 (not bad)

McGahee 92

Evans 93 (might be accurate, we'll see)

Price 92!! No offense but WTF?

Everett 93 with 87 speed WTF?

Royal 92

Parrish 84

Reed 82

The O-line is probably more accurate, all in the lower to mid 80's.

Tripplett 86

Anderson 84

Kelsay 80

Schobel 94

Spikes 97

Fletcher 94

Crowell 77

Clements 99!! WTF?

McGee 84

Vincent 99!!! WTF?

Bowen 92

Wire 92!!! Double and triple WTF?

Whitner 82

Two things i cant stand about Madden, and they still havent fixed them, are...

1) when you are about to sack their QB, they "drop" the ball, and its ruled an incomplete pass. I've had numerous sacks negated by this.

2) when you are attempting to pass the ball, and instead of throwing it, the QB tucks it back in the middle of the throwing motion and takes the sack.

COuldn't have said it better myself.

754361[/snapback]

As far as Im concerned Madden has always sucked.ESPN on the other hand is still being played on xbox live.I had Madden last year but traded it cause the game play sucked.If Espn was still around it would be better than Madden hands down.

I just got the game on DS.

Graphics leave something to be desired.

Reminds me a bit of a cross between Super Nintendo and Madden 64.

The overall ratings for the Bills are quite interesting as shown here.

Losman 83 (not bad)

McGahee 92

Evans  93 (might be accurate, we'll see)

Price    92!! No offense but WTF?

Everett  93 with 87 speed WTF?

Royal  92

Parrish 84

Reed 82

The O-line is probably more accurate, all in the lower to mid 80's.

Tripplett 86

Anderson 84

Kelsay    80

Schobel  94

Spikes    97

Fletcher  94

Crowell  77

Clements  99!! WTF?

McGee      84

Vincent 99!!! WTF?

Bowen  92

Wire      92!!! Double and triple WTF?

Whitner  82

754960[/snapback]

Damn Crowell! He's bringing down the team :doh:

Are the ratings for the other teams higher than this / lower than this?

I too struggled at first with the passing but you have to wait for your moments.  You cant drop back and throw bombs all day long. 

Work them over with some short Slants and runnig plays to soften them up.  They will move into a tighter formation and then you can hit them. 

754254[/snapback]

Well that's definitely not my problem. I run the ball a ton and throw a ton of short passes; I never throw deep to Evans when there's a safety playing deep (which is frequently) - that's what's so frustrating about it.

Damn Crowell!  He's bringing down the team  :devil:

Are the ratings for the other teams higher than this / lower than this?

755209[/snapback]

The ratings for the entire game seem to be skewed much higher. It's as if very few are below an 80. DS version really seems to indicate that EA Sports threw this version together really haphazardly. It only costed $29 however so the price was right, I'll probably get it for the cube though.

The graphics have become really difficult to deal with but it's worth playing if you're at work and don't want to deal with anything.

Well that's definitely not my problem.  I run the ball a ton and throw a ton of short passes; I never throw deep to Evans when there's a safety playing deep (which is frequently) - that's what's so frustrating about it.

755318[/snapback]

Let it fly! Don't get caught up into previous Madden thinking; the safeties can not recover as well as in past versions. Even in All-Pro, if the safeties step in too far to the inside they can not recover to the outside as well as before. If you have a fast WR and lead the receiver with a strong arm QB, you have agood chance of completing a deep ball IF your timing is on point. Go into practice mode and try deep plays against random defenses. I have mixed feelings about it. While it has made the db play more realistic, the odds of all the factors involved with completing a deep pass coming together is not as common in real life as in Madden as their should be way more inaccurate passes and dropped balls. I know that if I play a certain friend who like to go deep he will throw them %90 of the time and complete half of them.