Peerless hasn't just been missing from the offense

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cablelady had something to do with with this...I just know it....  I am waiting for Chris Brown's blog to say Peerless had dead legs today...hmmmm

748423[/snapback]

I think she'll say something like "Ohh It was Priceless" :blush:

Let's not forget the lengthy conversation he had side-by-side with Dewayne Washington all the way down the sidelines in that Steelers game.

748376[/snapback]

Unreal how nobody forgets this but Willis gets a pass for doing the same thing while Eric "Antichrist quitter" Moulds was chasing down the Ravens defender in '04.

Aiken is 14th in the NFL in receiving yards. Evans is 6th. Only Green Bay, Cincy, and New England have two in the top 20.

Receiving Stats

747944[/snapback]

I think that list is a bit skewed for the preseason. Tony Scheffler? Devard Darling? C'mon now.

2006 Preseason NFL · AFC · NFC Player SortablesPassing YardsPassing TDsPasser RatingRushing YardsRushing TDsReceiving YardsReceiving TDsReceptionsField GoalsTouchdownsScoringSacksTacklesInterceptionsPuntingPunt ReturnsKick ReturnsFumbles Recovered

NFL Receiving Yards

Rank Player Team Rec Yds Avg TDs Long

1 Greg Jennings GB 7 183 26.1 1 85

2 Tony Scheffler DEN 8 127 15.9 1 30

3 Rashied Davis CHI 6 122 20.3 1 41

4 Devard Darling BAL 5 121 24.2 1 42

5 Fred Gibson MIA 5 117 23.4 1 45

6 Lee Evans BUF 3 115 38.3 1 46

7 Johnnie Morant OAK 6 110 18.3 1 67

8 Edell Shepherd TB 4 108 27.0 1 48

9 Chad Owens JAC 5 106 21.2 1 62

10 Antonio Bryant SF 6 100 16.7 0 46

11 Patrick Cobbs NE 4 99 24.8 1 57

12 Donald Driver GB 8 98 12.3 0 16

13 Reggie Wayne IND 4 97 24.3 1 31

14 Kelley Washington CIN 6 93 15.5 1 34

15 David Kircus DEN 7 92 13.1 1 26

16 Sam Aiken BUF 5 91 18.2 0 23

Interesting that Preston is moving back to center and Geisinger is moving back to OG.  That's where they should be, but at least they got valuable experience at other positions.  And only 7 OL active on gameday? :flirt:

748810[/snapback]

Not moving, just getting reps. 7 OL active == 1 backup for all 3 inside positions (Preston) + 1 backup for both tackle spots. Preston's happy because he's pretty much been officially named "the man" for the interior role.

Not moving, just getting reps.  7 OL active == 1 backup for all 3 inside positions (Preston) + 1 backup for both tackle spots.  Preston's happy because he's pretty much been officially named "the man" for the interior role.

True. He's getting reps, but the article said what I thought already; that center is his natural position (while Geisinger was called "the prototypical NFL OG" prior to being drafted). I wonder who wins the 7th spot? And how many OL will they keep; 9 like last year?

Wendell Hunter just continues to make plays and stand out, both in games and practices. He's establishing that after 5-6 games, if we aren't getting much out of Crowell, he deserves to get his shot as a starter. Assuming he can play that side, that is.

I wonder who wins the 7th spot?

748824[/snapback]

I'm thinking its going to have to be Jerman, who has almost by default become our main backup tackle.

Wendell Hunter just continues to make plays and stand out, both in games and practices. He's establishing that after 5-6 games, if we aren't getting much out of Crowell, he deserves to get his shot as a starter. Assuming he can play that side, that is.

Crowell? He's virtually a lock to start at WLB. I think that Hunter is going to push Haggan off the roster. I also think that Watson will make it at MLB and Ezekiel will be put on the PS, and Stamer will make it at backup WLB.

I'm thinking its going to have to be Jerman, who has almost by default become our main backup tackle.

Yech. :flirt:

Crowell?  He's virtually a lock to start at WLB.  I think that Hunter is going to push Haggan off the roster.  I also think that Watson will make it at MLB and Ezekiel will be put on the PS, and Stamer will make it at backup WLB.

748849[/snapback]

Right, I agree with all of that. I was merely saying that if after about 5-6 regular season games Crowell isn't playing the way most of us expect him to play, than Hunter should get a look in his place if he can play the weak side.

Right, I agree with all of that. I was merely saying that if after about 5-6 regular season games Crowell isn't playing the way most of us expect him to play, than Hunter should get a look in his place if he can play the weak side.

I guess that could be an option. I just thought it was an out-of-left-field comment because Crowell has been a man possessed.