Well, here it is.....My Post Game Report!

sven233

In his post-game comments JP said that Josh did exactly what he was coached to do and that the pick was his (JP's) error.  Jauron said that Cinci did something on D that JP hasn't seen and he didn't respond correctly.  DJ was more concerned about the fumbles.

747083[/snapback]

I like that JP deflected any blame off of another player. He took the blame wehter it was his fault or not.

That will earn your teammates repsect quickly and was a level headed move on JP"s part.

JP will continue ot have growing pains, we just have to limp through them and hope each game he gets a little better.

Other then that great News about Nall stepping up. I want to see him get time with the starters next week.

Marshall Faulk DID chime in that in his opinion, Josh Reed ran the wrong route. I'm NOT commenting on Dick Jaurons' comment because I actually haven't seen it yet. The end zone view of the play might convince MOST that Faulk is speaking the truth. It was a horrible pattern and Helen Keller could have diagnosed this effort! Keiwan Ratliff had the play telegraphed by Reed and the rest was easy!

I don't think JP was falling on the sword to protect his teammates - I think he made a mistake plain and simple and admitted to it

"On the interception in his defense we don't game plan teams," said Jauron. "And they're a team that brings two off the strong side and roll the corner. It's a tough one (to read) particularly for a young guy and he threw right into it and they got him. He's just got to learn. We know we've got to be a little bit patient with him, but we've got to keep force feeding him and let him know that it's not okay. It's hard to win when you do those things. The disappointing part of his game was laying it on the ground twice."

CB blog

There seems to be four different versions of what happened. Jauron's is most likely the most accurate. He said we didn't game plan for the team, they did something Losman had never seen and he made the wrong read. That's probably correct. If you watch the replay, it's also clear that JP was protecting Reed, because there is zero chance that this is what Reed was coached to do. No one is coached to just stop and look around confused. That is why Faulk said what he did. They probably both screwed up. But it didn't really matter because Losman blew the coverage and the Bengal probably would have cut in front regardless.

One thing you gotta love about Jauron is that he's very open and honest about stuff. He is careful with what he says only in certain ways.

People, if you are not going to watch them - LEAVE YOUR FREAKING LITTLE KIDS HOME!  Unless they are parented like Senor Rubeo watches Ben - they are bored, loud, whiny, annoying, and as irksome as a foul mouthed drunk. Honest. If they were adults security would haul them away.

747103[/snapback]

Can we umbrella this to include all public forums other than Starbucks ;-)

Hey guys! Thanks again for reading.

I just thought I would drop a line in here about the INT. I just saw a couple different angle of it for the first time. I really think that it may not have been just one person'sfault here.

From what I saw here, Cinci was playing a zone coverage and both JP and Reed may have read it as man to man. If that was the case, JP was trying to hit him on a slant or a quick in route counting on Reed to have body position on the DB. Reed may have had the option to run a slant or a curl in that situation and looked confused during the play as to what he was supposed to run. If you see the replay, it just looks like Reed had no clue on what route to run. But, JP has to read that Defense better as well.

So, rather than placing the blame on one guy, I think there is enough to go around. JP misread the defense, Reed may have as well and didn't know what route to run, and it was a great defensive changeup by Cinci.

However, as I stated before, I respect JP for taking the heat on that one. It shows he is willing to step up for his teammates and that will go a long way into developing respect from the team. They will watch the film. They know where the play was supposed to go. It will get fixed and I just think that although it was a terrible play and can't happen, it is a good learning experience and might end up help the team more than it hurts them for a lot of reasons.

In regards to the holding call, it looked like the referee called the holding at the goalline instead of the endzone even though the hold was in the endzone. They do that sometimes when initial contact was outside the goalline. Still, a bad call. So they decided to make them punt I think rather than give them 3rd down again.

747121[/snapback]

The ref initially threw the flag into the end zone. Then he picked it up and dropped it at the 1. <_< Every lineman was 2 yds deep in the end zone at the time he threw the flag - it should've been a safety.

The ref initially threw the flag into the end zone.  Then he picked it up and dropped it at the 1.  <_< Every lineman was 2 yds deep in the end zone at the time he threw the flag - it should've been a safety.

747587[/snapback]

Oh, you're right. The hold was clearly in the endzone. And they showed the highlight on the tube and mentioned the ref moving the flag. I was just saying that this ref, and other refs, I think wrongly mark the holds outside the endzone when the initial contact is outside. And that's why he moved the flag, to show he was calling it outside.

Oh, you're right. The hold was clearly in the endzone. And they showed the highlight on the tube and mentioned the ref moving the flag. I was just saying that this ref, and other refs, I think wrongly mark the holds outside the endzone when the initial contact is outside. And that's why he moved the flag, to show he was calling it outside.

Did the hold start in the field of play?

Can we umbrella this to include all public forums other than Starbucks ;-)

747304[/snapback]

Just to clarify, I LOVE seeing parents and kids at games. That is what builds the next gen of Bills fans.

But don't sit there yakking about the specials at Target while your kids are misbehaving.

PARENTS are there to make sure the kids are having fun and learning manners. If you don't want to watch the kids, get a fcucking baby sitter.

Rock - parent of four - grandparent of five

I thought the hold started in the endzone myself. But that was watching it in slow motion on the replay. It was fairly close.

747598[/snapback]

Watching the game replay tonight, there s NO DOUBT in my mind that first contact was in the end zone!

Watching the game replay tonight, there s NO DOUBT in my mind that first contact was in the end zone!

747637[/snapback]

Me too.........that was a safety. The refs had a tough day I thought. They missed a pass interference call late in the game on Cinci that I believe was on a third down. I thought initially that the roughing the passer call was iffy as well. Oh well, I guess it is Preseason for the refs as well. Just hope they get it right in the next couple weeks.

I don't think JP was falling on the sword to protect his teammates - I think he made a mistake plain and simple and admitted to it

CB blog

747204[/snapback]

I don't usually focus in on individual units, but on that play I did. I was looking at the OL protection. When the blitz came from the right side, JP immediately threw out to that side and I jumped from my upper deck seat, screaming "yes". I thought it was a case of JP "getting it". He read the play perfectly. Unfortunately, it went right to the DB. I know I don't know as much as Jauron, Tasker or Faulk, but I still think he made the right read -- throw to the blitz side. We may never know, but JP definitely grew up this week.