Can anyone tell me how Nall looked?

He had QB rating over 100 and led 2 TD drives in the second half. But, this was against scrubs, not starters, so gleam what you may from this.

I was a bit surprised that he didn't start the 3rd quarter to tell you the truth. Kelly didn't last long again but he didn't make many mistakes, so this has got to make one wonder.

Overall, I think this offense will put up lots of points this year.

He looked decent to pretty good. Only threw one 1-2 passes more than 10 yards but he looked like he knew what he was doing. The TD was nothing, a three yard pass to a back uncovered but he carried the play out right and got it there. There is no way you would start him off this performance but he looks like a decent back-up, which is what they very likely wanted out of him.

He looked decent to pretty good. Only threw one 1-2 passes more than 10 yards but he looked like he knew what he was doing. The TD was nothing, a three yard pass to a back uncovered but he carried the play out right and got it there. There is no way you would start him off this performance but he looks like a decent back-up, which is what they very likely wanted out of him.

747116[/snapback]

Did he fumble or throw any ints for touchdowns?

747215[/snapback]

i have been reading (and posting) this site for years....what's it like to have a single player hate crusade EVERY YEAR. I know it makes posting easy because you say the same thing in different ways in each post.

He had QB rating over 100 and led 2 TD drives in the second half.  But, this was against scrubs, not starters, so gleam what you may from this. 

I read from a couple people saw the game that the Bengals played prevent on that last TD drive.  If so, that leaves me less impressed with his performance, although I'd still have to rate him higher than Holcomb.

747113[/snapback]

JP played average against scrubs last week and after the game folks were ready to make him the pope of buffalo.

747215[/snapback]

No, but I heard Nall was running around like an idiot on the sideline giving high fives after Losman threw that bomb to Evans. <_<

I guess a question is whether the coaching staff feels like Nall deserves a chance to start the next preseason game. Considering that he was promised that he would be allowed to compete for the starting job, I am wondering if in light of last night's quality performance--admitedly against scrubs--the coaching staff feels like they owe it to give him at least the first quarter.

The only reason I see them cutting Holcomb is that it is a Posey situation where they think they can't give him much playing time or anything else here, but feel like he might be able to catch on somewhere else. But, I really doubt you'll see him cut.

JP played average against scrubs last week and after the game folks were ready to make him the pope of buffalo.

747299[/snapback]

LOL, so true but this week played better against starters, with the exception of those fumbles and that INT.

I'm already going to "pen" in JP for starting QB at the PB. <_<

By the way, Nall threw exactly one pass more than 20 yards downfield. It wasn't horrible but a good pass was a TD. Wilson made a leaping, circus one-handed catch but was well out of bounds. If it was a yard or two closer to him, it was a score.

747471[/snapback]

You see, it is all good wrt Nall, or so it seems. Holcomb does seem all but finished and even if he has something left, he is not any kind of long term answer.

It is a good thing to have another young qb fighting hard for a job. I for one hopes that Nall's presence makes JP work harder (and no, I am not questioning his work ethic).

Many years ago on an August night, I heard that the Bills would be on satellite tv. A friend and I headed to a sports bar and they weren't televised, so we stayed and watched Green Bay. When Favre came out, a young kid who was a late round draft pick from Boston College took the field, and was superb. Seriously, it was obvious to me that he was going to be something special.

As you know, that kid was Matt Hasselback, and he doesn't even have the very best arm strength. <_< If he stayed in GB, he would STILL be waiting to get on the field.

Nall probably sees Buffalo as a golden opportunity to emerge from the awfully large shadow of a first ballot Hall of Fame QB, and will be playing his ass off to show what he can do.

I can't wait to see.

You see, it is all good wrt Nall, or so it seems. Holcomb does seem all but finished and even if he has something left, he is not any kind of long term answer.

It is a good thing to have another young qb fighting hard for a job. I for one hopes that Nall's presence makes JP work harder (and no, I am not questioning his work ethic).

Many years ago on an August night, I heard that the Bills would be on satellite tv. A friend and I headed to a sports bar and they weren't televised, so we stayed and watched Green Bay. When Favre came out, a young kid who was a late round draft pick from Boston College took the field, and was superb. Seriously, it was obvious to me that he was going to be something special.

As you know, that kid was Matt Hasselback, and he doesn't even have the very best arm strength.  <_<  If he stayed in GB, he would STILL be waiting to get on the field.

Nall probably sees Buffalo as a golden opportunity to emerge from the awfully large shadow of a first ballot Hall of Fame QB, and will be playing his ass off to show what he can do.

I can't wait to see.

747479[/snapback]

Ty Detmer. TJ Rubley. Doug Pederson. JT O'Sullivan.

Ty Detmer. TJ Rubley. Doug Pederson. JT O'Sullivan.

747501[/snapback]

So what Bro? <_< We have a young guy who might be ready to step up if needed. Holcomb isn't the answer and we all know this.

What is wrong with giving Nall a fair chance? What is wrong with JP having to earn his job.....this time?

So what Bro?  <_<  We have a young guy who might be ready to step up if needed. Holcomb isn't the answer and we all know this.

What is wrong with giving Nall a fair chance? What is wrong with JP having to earn his job.....this time?

747509[/snapback]

You already asked that question today and I already answered it.