Can anyone tell me how Nall looked?

So what Bro?  <_<  We have a young guy who might be ready to step up if needed. Holcomb isn't the answer and we all know this.

What is wrong with giving Nall a fair chance? What is wrong with JP having to earn his job.....this time?

747509[/snapback]

You act as if the coaches only watched Nall through a couple of training camp practices, and 1 quarter of football.

If you recall, he has been to OTA's and mini-camps also.

If the Bills felt he was starter material, they'd be giving him a hell of a lot more action, injury or not.

My guess is the Bills realize he is a backup at best, and his only real competition is Kelly Holcomb.

Why can't fans accept the fact that the coaches feel JP gives us the best chance to win?

Do you think they would honestly shaft Nall (the ONLY guy they signed of the current group, besides Cliff), in order to see if JP has it?

My guess is, the coaches realize JP is their best chance at a future stud QB, and Nall is his future #2. Just because we're intrigued by what we saw, doesn't mean the coaches haven't seen all they need to see.

Marv and DJ had zero connection to JP coming in, all three QB's started equally, maybe they were biased to Nall if anything. At the end of the day, JP proved he was the man for the job, and after hearing Jauron make excuses for JP's play, I'm convinced they think he is the clear cut #1.

Enough of this Nall is god BS, as fans there is no need to act smarter then we are. We only see these guys once per week, the coaches watch them 6 days, I'd say they have a pretty good grasp on who should be starting, and who should be carrying the clipboard.

I love ya Bill, but your hatred for JP is killing me. :blink:

P.S.- I know you don't "hate" him.

Risin, I just can't buy into some of these premises:

If the Bills felt he was starter material, they'd be giving him a hell of a lot more action, injury or not.

They couldn't give Nall more playing time this week because they had to set their plan considering the entire team, not one player. Nall has been limited in his competition by his injury. Right now JP is ahead of Holcomb by merit and Nall by default. There are two exhibition games left-plenty of time to extend Nalls playing time if he showed anything in game 2-which he did.

My guess is the Bills realize he is a backup at best, and his only real competition is Kelly Holcomb.

I don't think they know yet what they have in Nall, and they certainly haven't seen enough of him off a few OTAs and the time he's been healthy in camp. Once again, they've got 3 more weeks before the season starts, plenty of time to properly evaluate Nall for the short term, but to claim they have enough data to realize he's a "backup at best" is absurd. If JP is allowed growing pains in a new offense, why not Nall?

Why can't fans accept the fact that the coaches feel JP gives us the best chance to win?

I don't know if, short term, this is true. Nall may actually give the team the best chance to win on any Sunday, 2006. But JP may offer the potential to get better throughout 2006, after costing us some games in a rebuild year, and be the best chance we have of winning a championship in the next 5 years.

Do you think they would honestly shaft Nall (the ONLY guy they signed of the current group, besides Cliff), in order to see if JP has it?

They're not shafting Nall, he got injured and fell behind-that's life in the NFL. Since he is behind, it gives the team the opportunity to see if JP has it, because realistically Holcomb is no long term answer, and the team is looking for the long term answer-be it Losman, Nall or a 2007 draft choice.

My guess is, the coaches realize JP is their best chance at a future stud QB, and Nall is his future #2. Just because we're intrigued by what we saw, doesn't mean the coaches haven't seen all they need to see.

[B]I'll agree with this up to a point. Right now, Losman has the most physical talent of any QB on the team. Therefore, it is logical that the coaches realize JP is their best chance at a future stud QB. However, if Losman falls flat on his face, the team may decide that a good QB, which Nall may end up being, is better than a bust QB, since a team can still win without a stud QB. [/b]

Marv and DJ had zero connection to JP coming in, all three QB's started equally, maybe they were biased to Nall if anything. At the end of the day, JP proved he was the man for the job, and after hearing Jauron make excuses for JP's play, I'm convinced they think he is the clear cut #1.

If JP was clear cut #1, Jauron would have coronated him immediately after the game. JP's inconsistencies, combined with Nall's showing something, has postponed any coronation. JP will probably be the opening day starter, but let's see him play a while before determining if he is truly better than Nall.

Enough of this Nall is god BS, as fans there is no need to act smarter then we are. We only see these guys once per week, the coaches watch them 6 days, I'd say they have a pretty good grasp on who should be starting, and who should be carrying the clipboard.

The problem is, they haven't seen Nall 6 days a week, he's been hurt. Of the guys who they have seen 6 days a week JP 1) has outperformed Holcomb and Kingsburry and 2)Offers the best chance of becomming a great QB because of his physical talents. However, that is all potential and JP could be the next Favre or the next Rob Johnson-only time will tell. I can guarantee you one thing-if the Bills are 0-6 and JP's been stinking out the joint, then gets hurt & Nall leads them to 2-3 straight victories while showing steady yet unspectacular play at the position, the team won't be giving JP his starting job back.

I love ya Bill, but your hatred for JP is killing me. <_<

P.S.- I know you don't "hate" him.

I don't think Bill hates him, but from my conversations with him in the parking lot, I believe he thinks JP needs to be humbled a little bit more if he is to reach his full potential.

If the Bills felt he was starter material,  they'd be giving him a hell of a lot more action,  injury or not.

They couldn't give Nall more playing time this week because they had to set their plan considering the entire team, not one player.  Nall has been limited in his competition by his injury.  Right now JP is ahead of Holcomb by merit and Nall by default.  There are two exhibition games left-plenty of time to extend Nalls playing time if he showed anything in game 2-which he did. 

My guess is the Bills realize he is a backup at best,  and his only real competition is Kelly Holcomb.

I don't think they know yet what they have in Nall, and they certainly haven't seen enough of him off a few OTAs and the time he's been healthy in camp.  Once again, they've got 3 more weeks before the season starts, plenty of time to properly evaluate Nall for the short term, but to claim they have enough data to realize he's a "backup at best" is absurd.  If JP is allowed growing pains in a new offense, why not Nall?   

I don't know if, short term, this is true.  Nall may actually give the team the best chance to win on any Sunday, 2006.  But JP may offer the potential to get better throughout 2006, after costing us some games in a rebuild year, and be the best chance we have of winning a championship in the next 5 years. 

Do you think they would honestly shaft Nall (the ONLY guy they signed of the current group,  besides Cliff),  in order to see if JP has it?

They're not shafting Nall, he got injured and fell behind-that's life in the NFL.  Since he is behind, it gives the team the opportunity to see if JP has it, because realistically Holcomb is no long term answer, and the team is looking for the long term answer-be it Losman, Nall or a 2007 draft choice.

My guess is,  the coaches realize JP is their best chance at a future stud QB,  and Nall is his future #2.  Just because we're intrigued by what we saw,  doesn't mean the coaches haven't seen all they need to see.

[B]I'll agree with this up to a point.  Right now, Losman has the most physical talent of any QB on the team.  Therefore, it is logical that the coaches realize JP is their best chance at a future stud QB. However, if Losman falls flat on his face, the team may decide that a good QB, which Nall may end up being, is better than a bust QB, since a team can still win without a stud QB.  [/b]

Marv and DJ had zero connection to JP coming in,  all three QB's started equally,  maybe they were biased to Nall if anything.  At the end of the day,  JP proved he was the man for the job,  and after hearing Jauron make excuses for JP's play,  I'm convinced they think he is the clear cut #1.

If JP was clear cut #1, Jauron would have coronated him immediately after the game.  JP's inconsistencies, combined with Nall's showing something, has postponed any coronation.  JP will probably be the opening day starter, but let's see him play a while before determining if he is truly better than Nall. 

Enough of this Nall is god BS,  as fans there is no need to act smarter then we are.  We only see these guys once per week,  the coaches watch them 6 days,  I'd say they have a pretty good grasp on who should be starting,  and who should be carrying the clipboard.

The problem is, they haven't seen Nall 6 days a week, he's been hurt.  Of the guys who they have seen 6 days a week JP 1) has outperformed Holcomb and Kingsburry and 2)Offers the best chance of becomming a great QB because of his physical talents.  However, that is all potential and JP could be the next Favre or the next Rob Johnson-only time will tell.  I can guarantee you one thing-if the Bills are 0-6 and JP's been stinking out the joint, then gets hurt & Nall leads them to 2-3 straight victories while showing steady yet unspectacular play at the position, the team won't be giving JP his starting job back. 

I love ya Bill,  but your hatred for JP is killing me.    <_<

P.S.-  I know you don't "hate" him.

I don't think Bill hates him, but from my conversations with him in the parking lot, I believe he thinks JP needs to be humbled a little bit more if he is to reach his full potential.

747795[/snapback]

Fair enough brother.

I respect our diffrences of opinion.

You make good points.

If the Bills felt he was starter material,  they'd be giving him a hell of a lot more action,  injury or not.

They couldn't give Nall more playing time this week because they had to set their plan considering the entire team, not one player.  Nall has been limited in his competition by his injury.  Right now JP is ahead of Holcomb by merit and Nall by default.  There are two exhibition games left-plenty of time to extend Nalls playing time if he showed anything in game 2-which he did.  

My guess is the Bills realize he is a backup at best,  and his only real competition is Kelly Holcomb.

I don't think they know yet what they have in Nall, and they certainly haven't seen enough of him off a few OTAs and the time he's been healthy in camp.  Once again, they've got 3 more weeks before the season starts, plenty of time to properly evaluate Nall for the short term, but to claim they have enough data to realize he's a "backup at best" is absurd.  If JP is allowed growing pains in a new offense, why not Nall?   

I don't know if, short term, this is true.  Nall may actually give the team the best chance to win on any Sunday, 2006.  But JP may offer the potential to get better throughout 2006, after costing us some games in a rebuild year, and be the best chance we have of winning a championship in the next 5 years. 

Do you think they would honestly shaft Nall (the ONLY guy they signed of the current group,  besides Cliff),  in order to see if JP has it?

They're not shafting Nall, he got injured and fell behind-that's life in the NFL.  Since he is behind, it gives the team the opportunity to see if JP has it, because realistically Holcomb is no long term answer, and the team is looking for the long term answer-be it Losman, Nall or a 2007 draft choice.

My guess is,  the coaches realize JP is their best chance at a future stud QB,  and Nall is his future #2.  Just because we're intrigued by what we saw,  doesn't mean the coaches haven't seen all they need to see.

[B]I'll agree with this up to a point.  Right now, Losman has the most physical talent of any QB on the team.  Therefore, it is logical that the coaches realize JP is their best chance at a future stud QB. However, if Losman falls flat on his face, the team may decide that a good QB, which Nall may end up being, is better than a bust QB, since a team can still win without a stud QB.  [/b]

Marv and DJ had zero connection to JP coming in,  all three QB's started equally,  maybe they were biased to Nall if anything.  At the end of the day,  JP proved he was the man for the job,  and after hearing Jauron make excuses for JP's play,  I'm convinced they think he is the clear cut #1.

If JP was clear cut #1, Jauron would have coronated him immediately after the game.  JP's inconsistencies, combined with Nall's showing something, has postponed any coronation.  JP will probably be the opening day starter, but let's see him play a while before determining if he is truly better than Nall. 

Enough of this Nall is god BS,  as fans there is no need to act smarter then we are.  We only see these guys once per week,  the coaches watch them 6 days,  I'd say they have a pretty good grasp on who should be starting,  and who should be carrying the clipboard.

The problem is, they haven't seen Nall 6 days a week, he's been hurt.  Of the guys who they have seen 6 days a week JP 1) has outperformed Holcomb and Kingsburry and 2)Offers the best chance of becomming a great QB because of his physical talents.  However, that is all potential and JP could be the next Favre or the next Rob Johnson-only time will tell.  I can guarantee you one thing-if the Bills are 0-6 and JP's been stinking out the joint, then gets hurt & Nall leads them to 2-3 straight victories while showing steady yet unspectacular play at the position, the team won't be giving JP his starting job back. 

747795[/snapback]

Good post all the way around, I think you've accurately nailed the present situation. I'm not sure that JP's ahead of KH by merit, though... that's another one that's more by default since KH has shown absolutely nothing.

To answer the original question:

Nall looked pretty good, made mostly good decisions, made mostly good throws.

He almost had a Bledsoe moment when he slid 2 yards short of the first down without anyone near him (if it was 4th down, it would have equalled DB's gaffe). He made up for it on the next play with the TD to Ricard. I'd be happy to have him as my #2.