RJ...

Also, good, old Kevin Gilbride is down on the Giants sideline now. Between RJ & Gilbride hanging around, Eli Manning's career is over.

745893[/snapback]

We laugh at Gilbride, but he has presided over some of the more prolific offenses of the past 15 or 20 years...his QB's love him...it is the fans that can't stand him! :devil: Having Gilbride working with EMann makes Emann all that much more tempting a fantasy football pick at QB...gotta cut down on the picks....

All said, what I saw of Johnson tonight, I wouldn't be surprised to see him stick in NY, or at the very least, wind up somewhere as a back-up...sick as it may sound, I still found myself rooting for him to do well...not out loud though, only in my head... <_< The Bills QB's aside, I have seen some pretty dreadful QB play so far this preseason...Johnson, and that kid from the Vikings (Travares Jackson or something like that) both looked pretty good....

Wait....I'm not a Math Major nor do I go to MIT, but I know one and have heard of the other let me see and I'm a treasurer for my club:

On a scale of 0-1 1 being perfect QB 0 being Mike Williams as QB

RJ = (Doug Flutie - Alex Van Pelt) / (Eli Manning)

Doug Flutie > Alex Van Pelt

Eli Manning > 0

Does this help anyone or hurt?

I fell asleep before he played(5th 12hr day in a row).  How was his overall performance?  (this is where I go to NFL.com and watch highlights)

745974[/snapback]

He actually looked really good. He looked very poised. He left the pocket a couple of times and found WR's. He also left the pocket a time or two and actually threw the ball away to avoid being sacked.

He had some zip on his ball. He also was pretty accurate. He actually looked good. Very poised and under control.

I hated him when he was here. But for some odd reason, I also was rooting for him to do well last night. I have no idea why. I think he looked real good last night. I actually want to watch him again in the G-Men's next game.

We'll see. Based on last night, I think he sticks easily.

He actually looked really good.  He looked very poised.  He left the pocket a couple of times and found WR's.  He also left the pocket a time or two and actually threw the ball away to avoid being sacked.

He had some zip on his ball.  He also was pretty accurate.  He actually looked good.  Very poised and under control. 

I hated him when he was here.  But for some odd reason, I also was rooting for him to do well last night.  I have no idea why.  I think he looked real good last night.  I actually want to watch him again in the G-Men's next game. 

We'll see.  Based on last night, I think he sticks easily.

746155[/snapback]

So Jared Lorenzen will likely be available? <_<

He actually looked really good.  He looked very poised.  He left the pocket a couple of times and found WR's.  He also left the pocket a time or two and actually threw the ball away to avoid being sacked.

He had some zip on his ball.  He also was pretty accurate.  He actually looked good.  Very poised and under control. 

I hated him when he was here.  But for some odd reason, I also was rooting for him to do well last night.  I have no idea why.  I think he looked real good last night.  I actually want to watch him again in the G-Men's next game. 

We'll see.  Based on last night, I think he sticks easily.

746155[/snapback]

He threw for 62 yards. And he should have had a INT TD that he threw right into the hands of a DB that just flat dropped it. He did what he always does. Makes a couple nice throws to tease you, runs around a lot, and holds the ball too long and gets sacked and doesn't muster a lot of points.

He threw for 62 yards. And he should have had a INT TD that he threw right into the hands of a DB that just flat dropped it. He did what he always does. Makes a couple nice throws to tease you, runs around a lot, and holds the ball too long and gets sacked and doesn't muster a lot of points.

746164[/snapback]

Agreed. Rob "looking good" means he didnt throw any picks, but he had a few that should have gone the other way. He still got sacked 2-3 times and connected on a few dump passes to the RB...but looked like the same old Rob Johnson to me.

Agreed.  Rob "looking good" means he didnt throw any picks, but he had a few that should have gone the other way.  He still got sacked 2-3 times and connected on a few dump passes to the RB...but looked like the same old Rob Johnson to me.

746165[/snapback]

I can't believe I'm even defending RJ. But seriously, why just make stuff up about him? He looked good. Even the guys in the booth last night were commenting about how good he looked.

He got sacked once. Not two or three times. Once. He threw some really good balls downfield, not dumpoffs. They included passes of 11, 13, 14, and 11 again. He went 3 for 5 on 3rd and 4th down conversions to keep drives going. On the drive that stalled, the Chiefs stuffed a dive running play up the middle.

I'm no RJ fan, but he looked pretty damn good last night for a QB that has been off for a year or so that he hasn't played. Dare I say he looked better than any Bills QB to this point so far. He also looked more in control of himself than he looked when he ran the Bills offense. He played pretty well. If he keeps that up, he'll be more than a capable backup to Eli Manning. If he ends their 3rd stringer, he'll be wasting away as the best 3rd stringer in the NFL.

I was surprised last night. He played well.

count me in the minority that wants the guy to succeed. I have no doubt that he tried his best while he was in Buffalo, and there were games where he left his nuts on the field. I have nothing but respect for the guy and I hope he does well in NY.

RJ>flutie>Picard

746164[/snapback]

What I have seen of our QB's, RJ would be at the top of our depth chart...I guess us old RJ supporters are like the current Losman fans, who, no matter how badly he plays, are always giving him the benefit of every doubt... :P

He threw some really good balls downfield, not dumpoffs.  They included passes of 11, 13, 14, and 11 again.

746203[/snapback]

I'm sorry, but those qualify as dumpoffs.

Oh, sorry, I forgot we are using Noodle Arm as a measuring stick.

Wow, Rob really went for the long ball!

I'm sorry, but those qualify as dumpoffs.

Oh, sorry, I forgot we are using Noodle Arm as a measuring stick.

Wow, Rob really went for the long ball!

746474[/snapback]

His fourth and 10 pass, for 11 yards was the kind of pass Bills fans have wet dreams about lately...

i just like the opening to the article :

More than two years after appearing in his last game and 18 months after having a tendon transplanted in his elbow, Rob Johnson will try to show the New York Giants he still can play quarterback.

So here is the burning question, when has RJ been able to play QB? (injurywise, and quality-wise)

I need RJ to stick with the team AT LEAST until this Sunday when I make the trip to Giants camp here in Albany.

My goal is to make him cry.  Maybe hold up an old Flutie jersey and wave it menacingly at him.  Hell, even an Alex Van Pelt jersey will work.

745465[/snapback]

Already went to Giants camp this summer and RJ gave my friend and I a dirty look when he saw us on the hill with Bills gear on. He was walking off the Albany stadium field, looked up and saw two Bills logos. .... I recommend brigning a box of Flutie Flakes for him to sign :P