Not looking good For Matt Morgan

stevewin

He didn't exactly impress me when I saw him at camp - looks like he might be damaged goods as well

Morgan was not in attendance Wednesday night as he was excused for medical reasons. "Matt Morgan went back home to Pittsburgh for a second opinion," said Jauron. "It's a player's right and it's probably a good idea and we support it. It's for his hip. It is just a problem that has developed over time and in the past he's had some issues with it."

Morgan and McFarland are also not expected to play Friday night.

Practice Notes

McFarland also has what I think could possibly be some kind of chronic knee thing going on - I thought somewhere I read that it is tendinitis or something?

For some reason I also found this kind of humorous

Troy Vincent (hamstring) returned to practice Wednesday after missing the previous two days of workouts. Vincent said his hamstring wasn't really injured but was tired from all the work in training camp.

The billboard

Morgan was SO BAD in that game that I seriously worried for JPL's safety.....

He was getting beat so quick and with such a direct line to the QB that on a couple of plays Losman had no chance to even try to run.....

It was that bad...

745477[/snapback]

Agreed. I had a sliver of hope for the guy based on what I had read about him, but then I actually got to see him play. Ugh.

The sooner the Bills cut Vincent, the better.  The guy is a business-man, moon-lighting as a football player.  Is there a weaker hitting safety in the NFL?

745531[/snapback]

I always thought that since Vincent is pretty much done and he knows it, the Bills should offer him a coaching job. Go right from playing to coaching the team you just played for.

I always thought that since Vincent is pretty much done and he knows it, the Bills should offer him a coaching job.  Go right from playing to coaching the team you just played for.

745550[/snapback]

Cutting Vincent would be a cear indication to the vets on the team that we are rebuilding. On the outside we all know it is, but in the locker room they still believe and cutting a classy vet like Troy would sour that attitude.

Cutting Vincent would be a cear indication to the vets on the team that we are rebuilding.  On the outside we all know it is, but in the locker room they still believe and cutting a classy vet like Troy would sour that attitude.

745552[/snapback]

bah The eagles let vincent and bobby taylor go because they already drafted their replacements in lito shepard and sheldon brown. Hanging onto damaged goods might keep some guys morale happy, but I feel Vincent does more long term damage occupying a roster spot then the short term damage of releasing him outright. Bill from NYC alluded to a Bill Walsh quote from a previous thread

I wish I could find it, but I once read a great quote by Bill Walsh. He said (I am of course paraphrasing) that the worst players to have on a team are disgruntled veterans who might be pretty good, but never really won anything. He said that they disrupt the morale and work ethic that a coach tries to instill in the young players.

It was a thread about Moulds but I think this also screams out Troy Vincents name. Vincent just doesnt strike me as someone who is all rah rah team, and actualy not only a detriment to the younger players who are being instilled into Jaurons system, but a detriment in the sense that Vincent isn't one of those guys who will give it his all anymore. This recent "not really being injured" and sitting out of practice he's "tired" is that really an example you want to set for a relativly young team. That players can half ass and sit out when they're "tired". The sooner KO Simpson gets in there and learns by playing the better off the Bills will be. We have plenty of defensive back coaches on this team. Vincent isn't adding much of anything that isn't already there other then an unjustifiable contract, and a bad example for the young rookies who look to him for advice.

bah  The eagles let vincent and bobby taylor go because they  already drafted their replacements in lito shepard and sheldon brown.  Hanging onto damaged goods might keep some guys morale happy, but I feel Vincent does more long term damage occupying a roster spot then the short term damage of releasing him outright. Bill from NYC alluded to a Bill Walsh quote from a previous thread

It was a thread about Moulds but I think this also screams out Troy Vincents name.  Vincent just doesnt strike me as someone who is all rah rah team, and actualy not only a detriment to the younger players who are being instilled into Jaurons system,  but a detriment in the sense that Vincent isn't one of those guys who will give it his all anymore. This recent "not really being injured" and sitting out of practice he's "tired" is that really an example you want to set for a relativly young team. That players can half ass and sit out when they're "tired".  The sooner KO Simpson gets in there and learns by playing the better off the Bills will be.  We have plenty of defensive back coaches on this team.  Vincent isn't adding much of anything that isn't already there other then an unjustifiable contract, and a bad example for the young rookies who look to him for advice.

745591[/snapback]

Get it straight - he wasn't tired, his *hamstring* was :)

I don't think they'll cut him, but I wouldn't necessarily be broken up if they did. I've realy cooled on him after reading some of the items about him being a locker room lawyer and all the hype over his business ventures. This is a quote from an offseason article:

In his role as NFLPA president, Vincent understandably has a pro-player mind-set. There is some thought that in a few areas, like counseling teammates on contract negotiations and playing hurt, that stance had some effect on the Bills' locker room in 2005

I have no problem throwing Simpson out there if he looks to be close to the real deal during preseason - let him and Whitner go out there and make mistakes and learn on the job . I think if they do cut TV, they do it in the last cut. Might as well let him tutor the young guys as long as possible.

Morgan was SO BAD in that game that I seriously worried for JPL's safety.....

He was getting beat so quick and with such a direct line to the QB that on a couple of plays Losman had no chance to even try to run.....

It was that bad...

745477[/snapback]

I'm watching the game now and I really can't believe Morgan is even still on this team. Between letting guys run right by him and a critical false start penalty on 3rd and 3 deep in carolina territory, on ensuing 3rd and 8, Losman was sacked (and guess who's guy blew right past him).