Kyle Williams this year

LabattBlue

Don't get me wrong, Williams made a few really good plays last Saturday, but there have been plenty of head turners in previous seasons during training camp. Yes, he has passed Tim Anderson on the depth chart, but Anderson has done virtually nothing for two years now.

Will he turn out to be our starting DT on opening day? He could or he may hit the brick wall for all I know a week from now. All I am saying is that the Kyle Williams hype seems to need a little balance.

I hope he turns into something special, can play well right out of the gate and make us forget about Ron Edwards, Leif Larsen,etc... If not, don't crash and burn on the guy. After all, he was a 5th round draft pick. :blink:

Don't get me wrong, Williams made a few really good plays last Saturday, but there have been plenty of head turners in previous seasons during training camp.  Yes, he has passed Tim Anderson on the depth chart, but Anderson has done virtually nothing for two years now.

Will he turn out to be our starting DT on opening day?  He could or he may hit the brick wall for all I know a week from now.  All I am saying is that the Kyle Williams hype seems to need a little balance.

I hope he turns into something special, can play well right out of the gate and make us forget about Ron Edwards, Leif Larsen,etc...  If not, don't crash and burn on the guy.  After all, he was a 5th round draft pick.  :blink:

745112[/snapback]

Points well taken... for me, it's a little similar to the Drew situation, "Anyone but Tiny Tim".

Again, it's too bad we couldn't get Ryan Pickett to come here,

Tripplett - Pickett

McCargo - K. Williams

would've been nice.

Don't get me wrong, Williams made a few really good plays last Saturday, but there have been plenty of head turners in previous seasons during training camp.  Yes, he has passed Tim Anderson on the depth chart, but Anderson has done virtually nothing for two years now.

Will he turn out to be our starting DT on opening day?  He could or he may hit the brick wall for all I know a week from now.  All I am saying is that the Kyle Williams hype seems to need a little balance.

I hope he turns into something special, can play well right out of the gate and make us forget about Ron Edwards, Leif Larsen,etc...  If not, don't crash and burn on the guy.  After all, he was a 5th round draft pick.  :blink:

745112[/snapback]

A fair statement.

We will find out a lot more about him, but the guy beat a double team of C Justin Hartwig and LG Mike Wahle on 2nd and 1 and 3rd and 1.

Those are pro bowl quality players.

That one play was very impressive. But throughout the night he was around the ball and doing more than just holding his own.

745112[/snapback]

Leif Larsen was a project and nobody really expected much. Ron Edwards didn't impress anyone his first year.

Sometimes a person can tell there's something special about a player. We shall see after a few more games.

745112[/snapback]

Who cares we have a rotation a hundred times better than last year!! Young and fast and fresh will be a better upgrade than the fat craps we had last year!!

Brav in Seattle is not happy about the Kyle Williams pick

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=46360&hl=

I get why we may have passed on Ngata (Previous knee injury) but I can't see us passing on Bunkley and then wasting a pick to trade up for an inferior McCargo.

Why not Ngata (Or Bunkley) at that pick and if you trade up you go and get C Mangold or TE Lewis or even OT Justice?

Any combination of those two is far superior than Whitner/McCargo in my opinion at least.

I love the the Youboty pick and can't believe he fell to the 3rd. Its the other 3rd rounder that just kills me. OG Max Jean-Jilles is there (He falls into the 4th) and we don't take him???

I LOVE the FS Ko Simpson pick but HATE the Kyle Williams pick. HATE.

my response in that thread

How can you hate the Kyle Williams pick? I LOVE the pick! LOVE! Does it have to do with the fact that hes a "highmotor overachiever"? I suppose we could of picked some lazy fat ass underachiever such as Gabe Watson. Now that I have done my DD I thing we did quite well on draft day.

Im pleasantly suprised with Kyle Williams play in all honesty I thought Claude Wrotten was the better of the two. Before April I had Bunkley, Wrotten and McCargo as the top 3 dts. I wanted no part of ngata or gabe watson. Ngata struck me as a guy when you pay him his big check in round one he'd cash it in and half ass it till he was no longer in the league, and I am extremely glad we didnt draft him. With that said. It's going to take McCargo at least a year to improve but once he does he's going to be great. Theres not a guy who has more acceleration off the ball. He can stop plays before they start, and I'll bet money on it he turns into a more productive dt then Haloti Ngata

Points well taken... for me, it's a little similar to the Drew situation, "Anyone but Tiny Tim".

Again, it's too bad we couldn't get Ryan Pickett to come here,

Tripplett - Pickett

McCargo - K. Williams

would've been nice.

745114[/snapback]

Personally i think we should have ignored Pickett all together and seriously pursued Rocky Bernard. That guy is a killer.

Im pleasantly suprised with Kyle Williams play in all honesty I thought Claude Wrotten was the better of the two.  Before April I had Bunkley, Wrotten and McCargo as the top 3 dts.  I wanted no part of ngata or gabe watson. Ngata struck me as a guy when you pay him his big check in round one  he'd cash it in and half ass it till he was no longer in the league, and I am extremely glad we didnt draft him.  With that said.  It's going to take McCargo at least a year to improve but once he does he's going to be great. Theres not a guy who has more acceleration off the ball. He can stop plays before they start, and I'll bet money on it he turns into a more productive dt then Haloti Ngata

745224[/snapback]

Talking of Wrotten, a buddy of mine is a Rams fan & he reckons that over in Ramsland they are raving about Wrotten in a similar way to us over KW.

Unlike the level headed TSW posters, he is predicting Defensive Rookie of the Year for his guy.

We will find out a lot more about him, but the guy beat a double team of C Justin Hartwig and LG Mike Wahle on 2nd and 1 and 3rd and 1.

Those are pro bowl quality players.

That one play was very impressive.  But throughout the night he was around the ball and doing more than just holding his own.

745158[/snapback]

Indeed, that was most impressive. After awhile, they had to double team him. But he must remain consistent against proven starters like he did on Saturday. Williams will only get better.