2006 Picks doing pretty well.

MikeSpeed

Our top 5 picks in this years draft are all looking pretty good.

Whitner, McCargo, Youboty, Simpson, & Williams have all looked impressive.

That either says that we had a great draft or the talent level from last year's team was pretty bad to start out with. Or Both.

I like to believe the draft was great. Prop to the Bills FO.

But what about the last 4 draft picks, Bulter, Ellison, Pennington, & Merz?

Have any of those guys shown flashes of making the team?

I thought Ellison looked pretty good on Saturday.  He needs to put on some weight but he was flying around the ball.  On a side note, does anyone think Vincent is in danger of being cut if Simpson continues to impress the next couple of pre-season games?

744650[/snapback]

I dont know if I'd want both starting safties to be rookies, but if they are both that good already I'm all for it.

I thought Ellison looked pretty good on Saturday.  He needs to put on some weight but he was flying around the ball.  On a side note, does anyone think Vincent is in danger of being cut if Simpson continues to impress the next couple of pre-season games?

744650[/snapback]

We can only hope. :rolleyes:

I liked Butler against the Panthers, he was scrapping out there.

Its a little early to be calling this draft a great success. Although, things do seem to be looking good this early. Lets see where this draft class stands at the end of this year and again at the end of 2007. We should get a pretty good idea by then. They always say it takes about three years to properly judge a draft class. Lets give them at least one, first.

Its a little early to be calling this draft a great success.  Although, things do seem to be looking good this early.  Lets see where this draft class stands at the end of this year and again at the end of 2007.  We should get a pretty good idea by then.  They always say it takes about three years to properly judge a draft class.  Lets give them at least one, first.

744730[/snapback]

I think the reason why "they" always say that is because it often takes a few years for some players to develop. I'm sure you'd agree that if a player performs at a high level immediately there is no need to wait to deem the pick a success.

Of course, we're nowhere near that stage yet with the Bills' rookies, but at least it's promising. Just don't tell Roscoe or JSP.

744612[/snapback]

Ellis looked the best to me, Butler next best (but not very good), and Pennington looked bad. I didn't see Merz (will have to look again on TiVo).

Our top 5 picks in this years draft are all looking pretty good.

Whitner, McCargo, Youboty, Simpson, & Williams have all looked impressive.

That either says that we had a great draft or the talent level from last year's team was pretty bad to start out with. Or Both.

I like to believe the draft was great. Prop to the Bills FO.

744612[/snapback]

Um.. Not to wiz on your parade but, none of these guys have actually played in an actual full NFL game yet. Right now Williams is the most impressive and the rest are really unknowns.

Ellis looked the best to me, Butler next best (but not very good), and Pennington looked bad.  I didn't see Merz (will have to look again on TiVo).

744851[/snapback]

So we draft defense well, but need work on our OL evaluations. :blink:

I was kind of hoping one of them would help out our depth there.

So we draft defense well, but need work on our OL evaluations. :blink:

I was kind of hoping one of them would help out our depth there.

744915[/snapback]

I think Marvs philosophy is to build the Defense first. Get the defense and

ST to play good and keep the score low and win low scoring ball-games.

With good D/ST we can be in the ball games going into the 4th qtr and

with a few bounce here and there, may be we can get those extra wins...

Last years Bears team was built exactly like that.....Kyle Orton might have

been a 10-3 starter but probably had a worser QB rating than JP.

Next years draft will address OL and depth at RB and WRs. The big

issue with D to address next year will be to get a premier pass rushing

DE either via FA or draft.

Um..  Not to wiz on your parade but, none of these guys have actually played in an actual full NFL game yet.  Right now Williams is the most impressive and the rest are really unknowns.

744903[/snapback]

They are all unproven but what you see is what you get. Williams is looking good against good teams with Ellison, Simpson, Youboty, McCargo showing flashes here and there and Whitner doing okay for limited time. Unknowns? No.

Unproven? Yes. The regular season will tell the story but camp and preseason starts to paint the picture and reg season confirms it...sometimes in 2 or 3 yrs....